Thread: I have an few thoughts on guns.

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    No, you're not on the ignore list. Yet. lol

Interesting that you see ppl who want to protect America's children as "traitors." There is something deeply wrong with you. Get help.
    interesting that you see restricting and removing the rights of Americans as protecting our children. We protect our politicians and money with guns, why not our children?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    I am very pro gun. I am very antiNRA. Here is why. I truly believe all responsible adults should be allowed or even encouraged to carry all the time. Anywhere. With this comes great responsibility. If guns are going to be part of out culture, and they are, responsible gun ownership should be too. As far as I can tell, the NRA just wants nearly everyone, including incompetent (remember the VA taking guns) and nonviolent (reluctantly) felons to be able to carry, not just responsible adults. I think there should be a culture with people who carry to train, not only with the mechanics and target practice, but fully indoctrinate oneself in the use of deadly force. It should be common to hit the range on Saturday night and books on deadly force should be best sellers. The NRA is just like a guy (Don) that had a gun shop back home and had TV commercials all the time, he just wanted to sell guns.
    I'm not an NRA fan either, but you have the wrong viewpoint on the NRA here. Having been working on restoring open carry here in TX, I can tell you that the NRA and the TSRA have been some of our biggest opposers. the NRA seems more interested in creating job security for it's certified instructors instead of championing gun rights
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 400 Times in 363 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ahhhhhhhhhh! SWEEEEEEEET! HERMUFFFF!

TRUMP SUCKS. TRUMP SUCKS! TRUMP SUCKS! TRUMP SUCKS!
    ​The worst name you can call trump is trump. be best PIP LUTZ
    I come in peace! YO MAMA SHOULD KNOW UH HUH!

PIMP DADDY STFU>YURT Come Closer

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    1. make gun owners register, and insure them when they purchase them, like the vehicles they compare to
    2. New gun taxs, that will be paid. It goes to fund mental health control, advancement, and study.
    3. If all else fails, require assault weapons to be renamed, and sold as penis extenders. They come with a free hug I.O.U.
    1. no. they don't compare to vechicles at all, we have a sacred right to guns, we dn't have a sacred right to a honda. I don't have to register anytime I post a political comment somewhere. That is the equivalent to registering guns. Finally, it makes it easier for the government to round up gun owners and confiscate property. Gawker also once doxxed all gun owners in NYC. Major privacy issue violations here.

2. No. Taxing the second amendment would be like taxing the first. Are poll taxes acceptable?

3. w/e

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,312 Times in 10,503 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irthriuth View Post
    1. no. they don't compare to vechicles at all, we have a sacred right to guns, we dn't have a sacred right to a honda. I don't have to register anytime I post a political comment somewhere. That is the equivalent to registering guns. Finally, it makes it easier for the government to round up gun owners and confiscate property. Gawker also once doxxed all gun owners in NYC. Major privacy issue violations here.

2. No. Taxing the second amendment would be like taxing the first. Are poll taxes acceptable?

3. w/e
    There is nothing “sacred” about the 2nd, idiot. The entire Bill of Rights was a political tool. Nothing more. Nothing less.

This society comes to a grinding halt without vehicles. Western societies do very nicely without guns.

Taxing guns is taxing a commodity, dumbshit. It has ZERO to do with your right to possess a peashooter

6. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (05-21-2018)

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 982 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 37 Times in 36 Posts

how do you mean biggest opposes? I just think they are more pro manufacturer and not so concerned with good guys with guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    I'm not an NRA fan either, but you have the wrong viewpoint on the NRA here. Having been working on restoring open carry here in TX, I can tell you that the NRA and the TSRA have been some of our biggest opposers. the NRA seems more interested in creating job security for it's certified instructors instead of championing gun rights
    Be Best

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mak2 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (05-21-2018)

9. #67 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,612 Times in 17,052 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

I am very pro gun. I am very antiNRA. Here is why. I truly believe all responsible adults should be allowed or even encouraged to carry all the time. Anywhere. With this comes great responsibility. If guns are going to be part of out culture, and they are, responsible gun ownership should be too. As far as I can tell, the NRA just wants nearly everyone, including incompetent (remember the VA taking guns) and nonviolent (reluctantly) felons to be able to carry, not just responsible adults. I think there should be a culture with people who carry to train, not only with the mechanics and target practice, but fully indoctrinate oneself in the use of deadly force. It should be common to hit the range on Saturday night and books on deadly force should be best sellers. The NRA is just like a guy (Don) that had a gun shop back home and had TV commercials all the time, he just wanted to sell guns.
    Who do you think conducts firearm training? We train in a variety of disciplines (rifle, pistol, self defense, etc.) and train law enforcement as well. We hold sanctioned matches from air rifle through long range service rifle. We are not interested in selling firearms, but rather interested in training those who purchase them. I know, I was a NRA certified instructor for over 20 years.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

TOP (05-21-2018)

11. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You are incorrect, we are not paid.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

TOP (05-21-2018)

13. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

how do you mean biggest opposes? I just think they are more pro manufacturer and not so concerned with good guys with guns.
    the NRA board persuades it's politicians that unlicensed carry has problems, that concealed carry is the perfect method for good guys with guns, creating job security for it's certifications.

14. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    You are incorrect, we are not paid.
    you do all your classes for free?

15. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

you do all your classes for free?
    Participants paid for materials, my time was free.

16. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

the NRA board persuades it's politicians that unlicensed carry has problems, that concealed carry is the perfect method for good guys with guns, creating job security for it's certifications.
    I love living in AZ; where open carry was the norm for years and then, no so long ago, it was decided that open or concealed were appropriate, with no need for a "certificate".
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.