The Deep State must really be worried about the release of the IG Report on the Clinton email investigation. I don't know if it is going to be explosive, but since people have been able to see it, I suspect that there are some damning things in that report.

The first volley of defense was the recent NYT article admitting that the Obama administration spied on the campaign of the political opposition. Think about that for a second. The United States government launched the security apparatus on a political adversary. Maybe Obama was still bitter about the birth certificate?

Anyway, the purpose of the NYT article was to put as much of a positive spin as they can on the damning story. Then when the IG report comes out the press can play the "Oh, this is old news" routine.

The IG report is expected within the next few weeks, so I expect more "revelations" being "leaked" to the NYT or Washington Post in the coming weeks to put as much spin on illegal FBI/DOJ activities as possible.

Don't forget that the IG ran three investigations

1) was on McCabe which ended up in McCabe's firing
2) The Hillary Clinton illegal server investigation
3) The Trump investigation

Any normal person would be petrified about these revelations, but the Deep State doesn't care. They think they are immune. They are so ensconced in their little DC bubble that they believe they are untouchable.