Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Senate Intel panel: Russia tried to help Trump, hurt Clinton, in 2016 election"

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,417 Times in 53,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    I could never figure out why Russia would prefer Trump over Hillary.
    Russia knows it cannot beat us militarily. But it can and is trying to defeat us by instigating and increasing internal division and strife. For instance, Drumpf's boy Bannon hired Cambridge Analytical with the express purpose of sowing racial discord and voter suppression among minority voters. Russians used Facebook ads and other social media to do exactly the same thing. We are no longer the "United" States. We are becoming a fragmented fiefdom of special interests and "my people only" groups. Just look at some of the comments here from idiots on your side about "meeting you in battle in the streets" and "I want a civil war and the streets to run red with your blood." They're stupid impotent threats, of course -- but these are American citizens saying this shit to other Americans because of the crap they've swallowed from those who want precisely this type of discord.

One day, maybe they won't be so impotent after all.

Sources:
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1IH36S
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ing/602319002/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Gotcha68 (05-17-2018)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,692 Times in 27,332 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Russia knows it cannot beat us militarily. But it can and is trying to defeat us by instigating and increasing internal division and strife. For instance, Drumpf's boy Bannon hired Cambridge Analytical with the express purpose of sowing racial discord and voter suppression among minority voters. Russians used Facebook ads and other social media to do exactly the same thing. We are no longer the "United" States. We are becoming a fragmented fiefdom of special interests and "my people only" groups. Just look at some of the comments here from idiots on your side about "meeting you in battle in the streets" and "I want a civil war and the streets to run red with your blood." They're stupid impotent threats, of course -- but these are American citizens saying this shit to other Americans because of the crap they've swallowed from those who want precisely this type of discord.

Sources:
    Nice work, Owl.

I wonder if Trump boot lickers are willfully ignorant of some very simple facts. Facts that apparently are not reported on Fox or Brietbart.

Russia, and previously the former Soviet Union, have always wanted to discredit the United States, divide us from our allies, diminish our influence in the world, and undermine western liberal democracy.

What better way to do to discredit democracy and alienate the U.S. from our allies, than install an arrogant, incompetent, offensive, Orange Pig in the white house after he lost the popular vote by millions, and then immediately went about insulting and alienating our traditional allies.

Trump is a Kremlin dream come true.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Rune (05-18-2018), ThatOwlWoman (05-17-2018)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Nice work, Owl.

I wonder if Trump boot lickers are willfully ignorant of some very simple facts. Facts that apparently are not reported on Fox or Brietbart.

Russia, and previously the former Soviet Union, have always wanted to discredit the United States, divide us from our allies, diminish our influence in the world, and undermine western liberal democracy.

What better way to do to discredit democracy and alienate the U.S. from our allies, than install an arrogant, incompetent, offensive, Orange Pig in the white house after he lost the popular vote by millions, and then immediately went about insulting and alienating our traditional allies.

Trump is a Kremlin dream come true.
    Yep. Brilliantly played by Putin, a KGB mastermind.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (05-17-2018), Rune (05-18-2018)

7. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Oh yes, this election was screwed at the primary level. I cannot really explain why I so don't like Hillary, I just don't. I could never imagine a nominee from the Republicans that would seriously make me think about voting for her. But Trump? unbelievable. I just did not vote.
    So why didn't you vote for Gary Johnson? Jeez, he was far better than trump or hrc, which admittedly, was a low bar.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2018.1 For This Post:

mak2 (05-18-2018)

9. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

That Owl Woman wrote... "Russia knows it cannot beat us militarily."

Don't be so sure of that. Russia's military hardware tends to work. Russia wouldn't put up with stupid stuff like the F-35 program. Corrupt military contractors would find themselves in prison.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Controlled Opposition For This Post:

Callinectes (05-18-2018), ThatOwlWoman (05-18-2018)

11. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 982 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 37 Times in 36 Posts

I do regret that, we are a 2 party system. I should have voted for someone, I was just so repulsed by the 2 parties.
    Quote Originally Posted by aloysious View Post
    So why didn't you vote for Gary Johnson? Jeez, he was far better than trump or hrc, which admittedly, was a low bar.
    Be Best

12. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 982 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 37 Times in 36 Posts

Uh no. Our military is light years ahead of Russia and China. Do you realize China has just floated its first aircraft carrier. I think it launches Zepplins. Russia doesn't have anything to compare to our 25 year old jets. Our new jets are waiting for Martians for them to have an enemy. Please, our military is cutting edge and will be for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post

Don't be so sure of that. Russia's military hardware tends to work. Russia wouldn't put up with stupid stuff like the F-35 program. Corrupt military contractors would find themselves in prison.
    Be Best

13. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Uh no. Our military is light years ahead of Russia and China. Do you realize China has just floated its first aircraft carrier. I think it launches Zepplins. Russia doesn't have anything to compare to our 25 year old jets. Our new jets are waiting for Martians for them to have an enemy. Please, our military is cutting edge and will be for years.

That is pure xenophobia. Some research is required on your part.

14. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No nation wants war with the United States. We could, and should, drastically cut our military. We have no enemies other than the ones we create ourselves at Israel's urging.

Please list the nations which are a threat to the United States.

15. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Russian ground forces are equiped with weapons on par of better then ours; tank and armored personnel carriers.
    Russia has better tactical cruise and short range ballistic missiles.
    They can't compete with our force superiority.

China steal our STEALTH technology for it's offensive and anti-weapons systems against the US.
    Other then that, China plans on SWARM to overcome our stand off abilities in the air

China and Russia have a sort of detente if not cooperation-
    we drove Putin into Xi's arms because of our Ukraine sanctions ( after we fomented the revolution)

It's a big bad world and you gotta be a beast to have your own way.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (05-18-2018)

17. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post

yes. They have modern weaponry mostly on par with NATOs
    Russia does have at least a counter to the F-35

The PAK-FA/T-50
    http://www.businessinsider.com/f-35-...e-pak-fat-50-4
    Russia's PAK-FA, also known as the T-50, has been criticized as being fifth-generation "in name only," but as Russia proves time and time again, it doesn't need the best and most expensive technology to pose a real threat to US aircraft.

The PAK-FA's greatest failure is in the stealth arena. While the PAK-FA has some stealth from the front angle,
    "it's a dirty aircraft," said a person who helps build stealth aircraft, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the classified nature of the work.

But stealth represents just one aspect of air combat, and the Russians have considerable counterstealth technologies. So while the PAK-FA fails to deliver the stealth or total networking capacity of the F-35, it is a fighter — and a damn good one.

The US's F-22 has 2D thrust-vectoring nozzles at the engines and is the most agile plane the US has ever built. The PAK-FA has 3D thrust-vectoring nozzles and is even more agile.

Additionally, the PAK-FA can be armed to the teeth with infrared missiles that focus on heat and ignore the US's stealth. So while the US's fifth generation hinges on controlling the battle from range and at the jump-off point, Russia's PAK-FA seems to focus on close-up fights, which the designers of the F-35 didn't concentrate on.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (05-18-2018)

19. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Sources:
    That all makes sense, except that the country was divided back when Trump was a private businessman and people weren’t thrown into jail for talking to Russians lol.

You’re right that the Russians want to sew discord—and we have allowed them to do it with all the talk of ‘Russians stealing the election’ when they did no such thing. And The Resistance have been wonderfully useful idiots in that regard. If you don’t believe me, if somehow Trump were magically replaced in the WH by Hillary or Bernie, hardly anyone would talk about Russia anymore.

In other words, things would be back to normal and Putin would have little or no influence on the country.

Putin’s biggest win? Mullet and his Witch Hunt that was instigated by some Russian agents feeding the DNC and Hillary lies and misinformation through another foreign agent. How’s that for irony?

The talk of a civil war is hyperbole. Besides, only one side is armed lol. What’s the left going to go to war with??
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Callinectes (05-18-2018)

21. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    That all makes sense, except that the country was divided back when Trump was a private businessman and people weren’t thrown into jail for talking to Russians lol.

You’re right that the Russians want to sew discord—and we have allowed them to do it with all the talk of ‘Russians stealing the election’ when they did no such thing. And The Resistance have been wonderfully useful idiots in that regard. If you don’t believe me, if somehow Trump were magically replaced in the WH by Hillary or Bernie, hardly anyone would talk about Russia anymore.

In other words, things would be back to normal and Putin would have little or no influence on the country.

Putin’s biggest win? Mullet and his Witch Hunt that was instigated by some Russian agents feeding the DNC and Hillary lies and misinformation through another foreign agent. How’s that for irony?

The talk of a civil war is hyperbole. Besides, only one side is armed lol. What’s the left going to go to war with??
    Your post is rife with great irony, all right, particularly the "useful idiots" part. There *are* quite a few of those, for sure. We call them Trump supporters.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (05-18-2018)

23. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Your post is rife with great irony, all right, particularly the "useful idiots" part. There *are* quite a few of those, for sure. We call them Trump supporters.
    Trump supporters advocate secure borders, energy independence [I’m sure Vladie boy is all for that lol], secure borders and ‘America First’ in trade policy.

There’s not a single there that helps Putin out in the slightest.

In contrast, The Resistance has been had.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Callinectes (05-18-2018), dukkha (05-18-2018)

25. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

I, for one, think they should be given a medal......