Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raising Boys

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Default Raising Boys

I read this article (that's a couple of minutes I'll never get back) and this is the sort of academic crap coming out of social scientist that just makes you want to fall on the ground laughing your ass off at them for having this scewed far left academic point of view. Then they wonder why those of us with real scientific backgrounds scoff at them.

I mean there isn't a bloody thing in this article that is supported by empirical fact or evidence. It's just junk pop psychology of the brand that's popular with far left ivy tower academics. This is the sort of crap that drives anyone with two functioning testicles and a brain capable of objective thought crazy.

The problem is this non-sense is used effectively by Republicans (and I can hardly blame them) to paint the entire Democratic party as a bunch of crying, snowflake vaignas.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/post...20.html?bcmt=1
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Since the article ends with boys shouldn't have sex until they are mature, I am not sure this isn't straight from the GOP Poes

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-17-2018), TTQ64 (05-17-2018)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    I read this article (that's a couple of minutes I'll never get back) and this is the sort of academic crap coming out of social scientist that just makes you want to fall on the ground laughing your ass off at them for having this scewed far left academic point of view. Then they wonder why those of us with real scientific backgrounds scoff at them.

I mean there isn't a bloody thing in this article that is supported by empirical fact or evidence. It's just junk pop psychology of the brand that's popular with far left ivy tower academics. This is the sort of crap that drives anyone with two functioning testicles and a brain capable of objective thought crazy.

The problem is this non-sense is used effectively by Republicans (and I can hardly blame them) to paint the entire Democratic party as a bunch of crying, snowflake vaignas.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/post...20.html?bcmt=1
    Well duh, you are suddenly woke, well done!

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,525 Times in 52,742 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    Since the article ends with boys shouldn't have sex until they are mature, I am not sure this isn't straight from the GOP Poes
    Hmm. I thought manly Republican men were supposed to have sex as soon as they were physically able, with as many girls and/or women as possible, before marriage. Whereas Republican girls/women are to remain chaste until marriage, but somehow still know how to "do stuff" so their husbands are satisfied.

6. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (05-18-2018)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Hmm. I thought manly Republican men were supposed to have sex as soon as they were physically able, with as many girls and/or women as possible, before marriage. Whereas Republican girls/women are to remain chaste until marriage, but somehow still know how to "do stuff" so their husbands are satisfied.
    If you had stopped at "Hmm, I thought..." you might have made a more comprehensive argument, instead of coming across as an idiot.

But after all, it was your decision.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (05-18-2018), TOP (05-18-2018)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So rather than screaming at the screen, could you tell us precisely what you think is wrong with it?

I found it very sympathetic to young men. I'm happy that I'm not one. Why's that? Because trying to live up to two opposing ideals -- being an athletic, studly, masculine, American man -- while simultaneously being expected (by American women) to be sensitive, able to discuss feelings as well as hockey scores, gentle, nurturing, and "nice". Lotta shit to dump on a kid who's already dealing with getting through school, finding his way away from the family, and the volcano of hormones that come with adolescence.

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So rather than screaming at the screen, could you tell us precisely what you think is wrong with it?

I found it very sympathetic to young men. I'm happy that I'm not one. Why's that? Because trying to live up to two opposing ideals -- being an athletic, studly, masculine, American man -- while simultaneously being expected (by American women) to be sensitive, able to discuss feelings as well as hockey scores, gentle, nurturing, and "nice". Lotta shit to dump on a kid who's already dealing with getting through school, finding his way away from the family, and the volcano of hormones that come with adolescence.
    What the fuck makes you think that the two ideals aren't Sympatico or were you suddenly appointed to a committee that now determines how the males in society are supposed to be?

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Because it’s not how males are biologically hardwired nor females for that matter. Women are biologically hardwired to seek the best males who are the strongest, have the highest status and are the best providers. Even young women are generally speaking not interested in boys or beta males. Experiment after experiment shows on internet dating sites that 85% of females are only interested in 15% of the males on those sites. Males compete, particularly unattached males, compete ferociously among themselves to be in that top 15%. Sexual frustration is part of male nature that young men just have to learn to live with.

Males aggressive nature is biologically driven. Sociological theory can’t change that. The best it can do is harness that energy productively. This is why military tradition and ritual is so popular with young men. It is a time tested and proven method to turn beta boys into alpha males. Young men with military training do far better at attracting females then men without it.

So in other words gender equality only exists in the law as it should. It doesn’t exist biologically. Gender differences are real, are not neutral and at the extremes have profound affects on populations. So to teach young men that genders are equal in anything other than fair treatment as individuals is harmful. Particularly for young males as it’s simply not the way biology works.
    Last edited by Mott the Hoople; 05-17-2018 at 05:57 PM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (05-18-2018), TOP (05-18-2018), USFREEDOM911 (05-17-2018)

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Because it’s not how males are biologically hardwired nor females for that matter. Women are biologically hardwired to seek the best males who are the strongest, have the highest status and are the best providers. Even young women are generally speaking not interested in boys or beta males. Experiment after experiment shows on internet dating sites that 85% of females are only interested in 15% of the males on those sites. Males compete, particularly unattached males, compete ferociously among themselves to be in that top 15%. Sexual frustration is part of male nature that young men just have to learn to live with.

Males aggressive nature is biologically driven. Sociological theory can’t change that. The best it can do is harness that energy productively. This is why military tradition and ritual is so popular with young men. It is a time tested and proven method to turn beta boys into alpha males. Young men with military training do far better at attracting females then men without it.

So in other words gender equality only exists in the law as it should. It doesn’t exist biologically. Gender differences are real, are not neutral and at the extremes have profound affects on populations. So to teach young men that genders are equal in anything other than fair treatment as individuals is harmful. Particularly for young males as it’s simply not the way biology works.
    Give that MAN a cigar.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

TOP (05-18-2018)

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Ah, I see where you are coming from now. Thanks.

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 5,099 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 908 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries

That's what you get for thinking, ho.

17. The Following User Groans At Cancel 2018.2 For This Awful Post:

Rune (05-19-2018)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2018.2 For This Post:

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sorry, Buttyurt, not interested. Won't be tomorrow either, or next year.

20. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Rune (05-19-2018)

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What about men or boys who date/marry dominant women? My cousin for example definitely doesn't wear the pants....

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sorry, Buttyurt, not interested. Won't be tomorrow either, or next year.

Obsessed little girl. Not interested in your silly games, you're not my type.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cancel 2018.2 For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (05-18-2018), TOP (05-18-2018)

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yaya View Post
    What about men or boys who date/marry dominant women? My cousin for example definitely doesn't wear the pants....
    Even then gender differences are exhibited. If you watch your cousins domineering wife you may observe she attempts to vociferously control and criticize everything about his life without ever having to actually make a decision. If she’s truly dominant you’ll also probably observe she’s not only the decision maker but a deeply unhappy person.

So domineering as she may seem if she is relatively well adjusted and content in their marriage then I would suggest that appearances can be deceiving and you may be selling your cousin short.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

TOP (05-18-2018)