Thread: Liberals, You’re Not as Smart as You Think

1. #256 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Lets delineate it for you since I have to keep it real, real simple. Back then, there were southern Dems, who were called Dixiecrats. They were not Dems in voting or in policy. They kept an old time name, but were not voting Dem. The anti civil rights and hatred of equal rights were their biggest drivers. They were not far removed from the KKK days. After LBJ got the Civil Rights Act passed, they went back to where they belonged, they immediately became Repubs . They were always Repubs, but history kept them calling themselves Dems. When LBJ passed the Civil Rihghts act, he said the Dems lost the south for the next generation. It has been a lot longer than that. However the Repubs were instrumental in getting the CRA passed. That was good for them.
    Dems - anti-civil rights act......Reps - pro-civil rights act.....the anti-civil rights act people did not join the pro-civil rights act people because they were mad the civil rights act passed......I'm embarrassed I have to keep explaining this to you......four year olds would have gotten it by now.......

2. #257 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,448 Times in 965 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Truth? You mean your quarrel with rjhenn? He is correct. You rightees do talk about Hillary all the time to deflect from the current investigation.
    It's almost as if she didn't really lose. Hmmm?
    Well many Trump supporters have stated they want her impeached.

3. #258 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,333 Times in 6,020 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    wrong. He did not. Not one fiscal year since IKE has our national debt been decreased. Clinton came close in 2000, but still added about $50B.

So no, I don't get pumped with false narratives like you. I can see the ACTUAL data.
    Wrong. Sorry to disappoint you. Look at this graph from a US government website. Notice the dip to the positive in Clinton's 2nd term:

Scan.jpg

https://www.usgovernmentdebt.us/debt_deficit_history

Also, notice the jump in the deficit in Bush Jr's terms. A lot worse than Clinton. What does that tell you?
    I know it's hard for radicalized right wing nut jobs like you to give any credit to any politician with a (D) after his name but it doesn't mean you have to deny the facts that are staring you in the face. Delusional thinking is a horrible thing.
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

4. #259 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldvoTrumpovich View Post
    Wrong. Sorry to disappoint you. Look at this graph from a US government website. Notice the dip to the positive in Clinton's 2nd term:

Scan.jpg

https://www.usgovernmentdebt.us/debt_deficit_history

Also, notice the jump in the deficit in Bush Jr's terms. A lot worse than Clinton. What does that tell you?
    I know it's hard for radicalized right wing nut jobs like you to give any credit to any politician with a (D) after his name but it doesn't mean you have to deny the facts that are staring you in the face. Delusional thinking is a horrible thing.
    Wrong. Look at the ACTUAL DATA. The national debt hasn't decreased in a fiscal year since Ike. Period. Also, I did give Clinton credit, you are just incapable of reading what is written.

https://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/...ebt_histo5.htm

That said, I was off. It was about $20B, not $50B in 2000.

5. #260 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Your usual piss poor attempt at deflection from the truth fake lawyer. Yawn.
    I imagine there are quite a few want to kick his arse, or worse.