Thread: Mott and Yaya won

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    If I thought I screwed up, I would admit it.

If you want to believe that I am the sole reason for the village losing then so be it
    I never said that you were the sole reason or any reason for the village losing; but if your subconscious is making you feel that way, it's through no fault of mine.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,834 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    I was exposed and they didn't kill me. I think what all the Monday morning QB'ing is missing that they don't take account for in actual game play is an individual identifying a wolf is a lot easier to do than getting the damned thing killed!
    I think several of us messed up, me included. I led a bandwagon against Tsuke after his screw up. I also should have thought about you being a wolf, when I had to say I didn't understand why you got snippy with me, putting down my strategies. Day one, and I thought you were acting weird. Of course I think Threedee said you normally get heated in the game, or something like that. Oh well. I think I have a better read on you for future reference.

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    I think several of us messed up, me included. I led a bandwagon against Tsuke after his screw up. I also should have thought about you being a wolf, when I had to say I didn't understand why you got snippy with me, putting down my strategies. Day one, and I thought you were acting weird. Of course I think Threedee said you normally get heated in the game, or something like that. Oh well. I think I have a better read on you for future reference.
    unfortunately that’s not how it works. Each game is unique. You shouldn’t make decisions based on previous games. You see people make that mistake all the time. In fact it was thinking like that which played a role in the villages demise.

Thinking some one is a wolf means squat unless you can convince the other villagers they are a wolf and get them lynched. The trick is doing that without drawing suspicion on yourself...and being right. Easier said then done.

The after game talk is meaningless. Everyone knew I was a wolf from the second the game started yet ther I was alive and howling at the end of the game. If I was so obviously a wolf then why didn’t the kill me D1?
    Last edited by Mott the Hoople; 05-10-2018 at 05:54 AM.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

BTW, starting a BW on anyone is never a bad idea unless they are a cleared villager. You did ok your first time out. You did it the right way. You participated moderately and you watched and learn. You’ll play more confidently next game and I look forward to playing with you. Have fun playing and ignore the “you suck” crowd. They are by far the worst players. Just tell them how great they are and you can play them like a fish.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (05-10-2018)

7. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,834 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

unfortunately that’s not how it works. Each game is unique. You shouldn’t make decisions based on previous games. You see people make that mistake all the time. In fact it was thinking like that which played a role in the villages demise.

Thinking some one is a wolf means squat unless you can convince the other villagers they are a wolf and get them lynched. The trick is doing that without drawing suspicion on yourself...and being right.

The after game talk is meaningless. Everyone knew I was a wolf from the second the game started yet ther I was alive and howling at the end of the game. If I was so obviously a wolf then why didn’t the kill me D1?
    I couldn't even find a way to convince them Threedee was a villager, and all the talk about voting for you went nowhere. I think some of peoples hesitancy from the seer reveal stuff, led to hesitancy of what Billy said. He was positive you were a wolf. I thought two others might vote for you with the chatter, and I tossed my vote elsewhere to avoid auto night. I think I was going to vote for you, because I trusted Billy, and that he did get to see the seer.

8. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I couldn't even find a way to convince them Threedee was a villager, and all the talk about voting for you went nowhere. I think some of peoples hesitancy from the seer reveal stuff, led to hesitancy of what Billy said. He was positive you were a wolf. I thought two others might vote for you with the chatter, and I tossed my vote elsewhere to avoid auto night. I think I was going to vote for you, because I trusted Billy, and that he did get to see the seer.
    That's what makes this game challenging.

9. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thinking some one is a wolf means squat unless you can convince the other villagers they are a wolf and get them lynched. The trick is doing that without drawing suspicion on yourself...and being right. Easier said then done.

This is why I like having everyone play as an ALT.
    It somewhat removes preconceived ideas about another player, until the OCD players NEED to know who's who.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.