Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Congratulations Goes to Donald J Trump - 3,001 false or misleading claims so far

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    How about Pulitzer prize-winning Politifact? They rate 1 in 20 of Trump's statements as TRUE!

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/
    lol... you act as if pulitzer has any more meaning than a participation ribbon. It does not.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,770 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Only 3,001 more to go to catch up to Obama.
    Speaking of lies. Do you have proof of your claim? Thanks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-01-2018)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 429 Times in 408 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Speaking of lies. Do you have proof of your claim? Thanks
    It's always amusing to see someone who desperately tries to pass himself off as a Christian lie pathologically.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

How about Pulitzer prize-winning Politifact? They rate 1 in 20 of Trump's statements as TRUE!

that said, again look at their examples of 'half truths'. One was Trump saying there was a caravan coming to the US border. They rated it half truth. yet the caravan was coming and it is currently at the border. How is that a half truth? Oh yeah, because POLITIFACT thinks that 1) it isn't a caravan, just a large group of people traveling in the same direction together and (2) Trump doesn't KNOW for a fact they all want to cross into the US, Politifact was told most just want to come to the border and stay on the Mexican side.

LMAO...

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Superfreak,

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    The Wa Post is not a credible news source. Their fact checking is no different than Hillary pounding a case of wine and then 'fact checking' Trump.

when their examples are pretty much lies themselves... too ironic.
    The Washington Post is a very credible mainstream news source. The only people who claim it is not simply do not want to believe the credible news contained therein, and instead prefer to use the very biased small operation propaganda sites which tell them what they want to hear.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-01-2018)

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Superfreak,

lol... you act as if pulitzer has any more meaning than a participation ribbon. It does not.
    It does.

You are entitled to your own opinion. You are not entitled to your own facts.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Superfreak,

It does.

You are entitled to your own opinion. You are not entitled to your own facts.
    It doesn't really. Also, the pultizer being important is subjective. Thus, it is always an opinion. Not a fact.

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Superfreak,

The Washington Post is a very credible mainstream news source. The only people who claim it is not simply do not want to believe the credible news contained therein, and instead prefer to use the very biased small operation propaganda sites which tell them what they want to hear.
    No, it is not any more. Take one look at the trash they print and they are no better than the National Enquirer. Look at their 'fact check' and you will see them blatantly mislead/lie. So no, they have no credibility. Also, if you want to talk about biased sites that tell their readers what they want to hear... look no further than the Post.

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello SF,

It doesn't really. Also, the pultizer being important is subjective. Thus, it is always an opinion. Not a fact.
    OK, you know? I'm glad we live in a country where you are free to believe that. Really, I am. It is so important for us to allow individuals to express whatever unpopular views they wish to hold. You never know, sometimes the unpopular view is exactly what we need, a wave of the future! I just don't think this is one of those times.

Trump's popularity utterly depends on hatred. Without hatred, Trump would be nothing, never elected.

His lies are much of the fuel this hatred depends on.

I gotta say. As an atheist who has a deep grasp of love for mankind and my fellow humans and Americans, no matter what they believe, (and I truly do,) it just never ceases to amaze me how many Christians in this country are so full of hatred; and completely fail to grasp the very Christian concept of loving your fellow man.

Simply amazing.

It is amazing that this liar has appealed to so many evangelicals. That is rather stunning and surprising. I never would have guessed that. And I only have a rudimentary knowledge of Christianity. I don't study it and I certainly don't worship it nor attend regular lectures on how to be a Christian.

I would have thought, logically, that these people would see right through this flim-flam, fast-talker and see him as the fake crackpot joke-of-the-news-cycle he was for so many decades. But then, I don't watch TV. I completely underestimated the following there was for The Apprentice. That stuff is so shallow to me. It's all about hurting feelings of others for amusement. Making a show out of two words: "You're fired." You know that is all about hatred of the weak, and aggrandizement of taking amusement at the misfortune of others. I admit, watching someone else have a misfortune is sometimes amusing, but not very inspirational, nor the kind of thing I would want a weekly habit of dwelling on. No, I don't watch that, but apparently this was a popular show. That popularity created the base for Trump to be a contender. That plus hatred of our first black president Barack Obama.

So this has been a repudiation of Christianity itself.

Imagine that. An oligarch, so compelling, that his rise is able to make such a popular religion as Christianity appear to be absurd and shallow. Wow. That's some strong juju.

I wonder just how badly Christianity will be set back in history by the advent of President Trump?

So this was because I posted a Washington Post link that told the story of Trump's many insults, which have augmented his lies to make him so un-Christian, that if a liberal did it, conservatives would be chanting horrible things to do to that person. Like a bunch of petty school kids. The Republicans in charge of the country now remind me of Lord Of The Flies.

And you came along and posited that it should not be believed because the Washington Post is 'not credible.' Are you kidding? It's the Washington Post, man! 'Not credible,' indeed. How do you even argue with that? You don't. Which is why you use it. You know, if we can't even agree on what the facts are, we have no chance of reaching any compromise on what policy should be.

So, Are you trying to claim that Trump doesn't regularly insult people places and things? Man, Trump's got something bad to say about just about everybody. A war hero! The guy refuses to be released because his dad is high ranking, and endures years of torture trying to keep from betraying his country. But he's not a hero because he got captured.

I am truly saddened that there is so much hatred in this country that Donald Trump can say that about John McCain, and still get elected.

Wow.

We've got some lovin to do!

Come on, America!

We're letting Putin get the better of us!

We need to stop all this feuding and learn to work together!

We have to get past the hatred.

We are all Americans. Some of us are liberal. Some of us are conservative. Our challenge is to learn to love one another, and realize that we need each other.

Diversity makes us great.

Diversity of backgrounds and of political opinions.

We have to stop denying that and remember we are stronger together than divided.

And we are very ineffective, like Putin's putty, when we are full of hatred and hopelessly polarized.

Yet here I stand. Telling you what we need to hear.

And I will continue to say it as long as I am able. You've got to think for yourselves, people. See the big picture. Remember what you are. And who you are with.

Come ON!
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 05-01-2018 at 04:02 PM. Reason: typo

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-01-2018), Tranquillus in Exile (05-01-2018)

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

An oligarch, so compelling, that his rise is able to make such a popular religion as Christianity appear to be absurd and shallow.

I gave up trying to make sense of the "Christian Right" when they lined up behind a lying hate-monger for President.

"When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it." - John 8:44

Maybe it is the Last Days.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-01-2018), PoliTalker (05-01-2018)

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,175 Times in 10,393 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    what a useless article..politicians spin, positions change, lies and misstatement s happen.

to what end is this about? impeachment?
    ^Classic Trumptard

16. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

so only 19 lies........

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Only 3,001 more to go to catch up to Obama.
    Indeed.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Stretch (07-13-2019)

19. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

did Bourbon die?.......