1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Hopefully you'll also chide him for using the word "cunt". lol
    Sure, that too.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Gravity is not a theory you moron; we know that it exists. Evolution; yes it's PURE THEORY. Grow a fucking brain.
    The Theory of the Evolution of Species is just that ... a scientific theory based on facts.

That does not, in any way diminish the FACT that Evolution is in and of itself ... factually proven.

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,569 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NOVA View Post
    You're gonna have to ban a hell of a lot more pinhead liberals if you want a civil discussion on any topic....
    You just demonstrated that you are unable to interact with maturity.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (04-30-2018)

5. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,771 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    That's what he was saying that the elite say......it was not Berlinski's thoughts.
    ????

6. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    ????
    You didn't watch the video either? LOL
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

7. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

True science has no argument with Scripture. The word science simply means knowledge. That’s why we say God is omniscient, we put the word science with omni, all knowing. True knowledge, true science has no argument with Scripture because the Creator is the author of Scripture and He is the one who determined the way things are and He knows the way things are because He made them the way they are. Never has science disproven one thing in the Bible. They’re still working at it. The Word of God stands the test of all the poundings that it has taken from so-called science and pseudo-science.

Science deals with a matrix when we’re talking about natural science. We’re talking about the way things are in a material universe, there is a matrix of things. Herbert Spencer’s great achievement, he died in 1903.......He said, “Everything in the universe can be deposited in one of these categories…time, force, action, space and matter.” Those five things which he defined in that order are all in Genesis 1, “In the beginning…that’s time…God…that’s force…created…that’s action…the heavens…that’s space…and the earth…that’s matter.” The matrix is in Genesis 1:1, that is a profound scientific statement. The universe in essence is a matrix of space, time, matter and energy. And all of it has to be existing at the same conflux. It all has to come together or none of it exists. One cannot exist without the other. The entire continuum must have existed simultaneously from the beginning. That is why you find it all in Genesis 1:1, it all had to be there. Science says it has to be there and Scripture says it is there.
    pain in abortion.

8. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,569 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodyDouble View Post
    Then how did it all get created if there wasn't a creator or creators?

Correct.

Within the matrix of the visible (and invisible) stuff that was created also lies the "science" that was created along with it.

Could be he's creative by nature. Humans are. And humans were created in his image, correct?

For someone to hang with and to talk about "things" and such. (See the story of Adam & Eve.)

On earth as it is in the heavens, things work because of a slew of conditions that came before them, mostly. For example, oil and gas is in the ground and it took millions of years to get there. Many minerals, like gold, etc..., are extracted from fissures and layers of rock that are all twisted and warped. That also took quite a while. (And I don't believe I have to explain the "science" behind those two examples.)
    There very well could have been a good reason for it to have been created that way. Reasons we don't yet understand. But that's the way it is and also gives man an opportunity to use those "things that work" for us in which we were given the ability to figure out.
    Making those "things that work" obviously took time to make. Six days, according to the Bible. But that doesn't necessarily mean that a day to us is the same as a day to the creator(s).
    So, my question to you is: "Why wouldn't this great creation be created without a history behind it?"
    How did it get created if there is no creator.? C,mom think a tiny bit. How did this creator get created if there is no super creator. Then, who created that one. And on and on. It is a trip into a walk down stupid lane. Makes no sense whatever. Using our senses and instruments, we can pretty much agree that the universe exists. That is as far as we go. We are creating myths when you step back. I don't believe in myths.

9. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.DUMBguy View Post
    Because evolution -branches-, it doesn't have an end destination. That's why the article describes apes as our cousins, I am not my cousin, but I'm still part of the same family with a common ancestor. The cousin analogy just helps to illustrate a process that takes millions of years into something we can more easily comprehend.
    Apes might be YOUR cousin; they sure as hell cannot be mine.

Again, the THEORY shows a man evolving from apes. You can't put lipstick on that PIG and pretend that is NOT what the theory says.

So back to my question; how would SOME evolve and others, stay relatively the same since their beginning?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.DUMBguy View Post
    And as for your second thought, how does it not "square"? Is there a climate scientist somewhere saying the Earth hasn't warmed or cooled in the past?
    There you go again, avoiding the question and pretending it meant something else. It is not whether a climate scientist has said the Earth has not warmed and cooled in the past, don't be stupid.

It is the idiotic notion that the Earth is NOW warming due to man's actions. That's an arrogant proposition to say the least when we all know that this warming trend has been going on for millions of years.

Yes, Yosemite Valley was formed by glaciers that eventually retreated all the way to Canada.....and man had nothing to do with it.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

10. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,771 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

I was welcoming a new member with my comment, I have no idea what you are talking about, therefore, the question marks. I haven’t commented on the video and likely won’t watch it right now.

11. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Badguy View Post
    Well when the opposing point of view essentially boils down to "because magic"... c'mon.
    You must be talking about man caused global warming.

Yep, in the atheist world, there cannot be a God, but we will believe in the quack science of man caused global warming.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

12. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I was welcoming a new member with my comment, I have no idea what you are talking about, therefore, the question marks. I haven’t commented on the video and likely won’t watch it right now.
    My bad. I hit reply to you instead of the new guest's remark. I'm sorry.
    pain in abortion.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

14. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

It's important to understand evolution before debating it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

16. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by hypGnosis View Post
    Yet, Hebraic scripture is contrary to 'true' science (cosmology/geology).

The Sun was "created" about 4 days after the Earth?!?

Regarding the Levin-Fox News video, the David Berlinski quote "Because scientific theories are true, religious beliefs must be false."

This claim is a logical fallacy known as Post hoc ergo propter hoc , i.e., "That does not follow".
    pain in abortion.

17. #119 | Top
    I know where the most beautiful small town in America is.
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 25 Times in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Badguy View Post
    Well then by that logic, where did the creator come from? The Bible needs a prequel, just don't let George Lucas anywhere near it.
    The creator(s) were always there which is another thing yet to be explained, if you follow one of the several worlds religions that address creation in some form. Also, one early translation of the Bible stated, "In this beginning...". There could possibly be other beginnings as there are also other Gods but they are not before THE God in the pecking order of Gods.

18. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, you kinda need to watch it to be able to review it in context.
    Which I would were I interested in reviewing it. I'm not.

Science and religion are incompatible when it comes to explaining the nature of the natural world, how it came to its present form, and where it (and we, maybe) are going. That being said, at times in history they have combined in interesting ways. For example, the beautiful cathedrals of Europe with their flying buttresses were inspired by religious fervor yet built by engineers. Many other human cultures have created beautiful and enduring monuments in tribute to their gods, as well as written lovely music that has survived the ages.

We humans, and Christians are no exception, have also done great horrors in the name of our gods. Science doesn't get a pass on this, either. We've used it create countless engines of war and of torture.

I think that I prefer the days when in America religion was a private matter that was between you and your god(s). Public school was where you learned reading, writing, science, math. Sunday school was where you learned about God and Jesus. The Biblical creation story was taken as allegory, and no one was insisting that a derivative of it be taught in science classes alongside evolution. There wasn't that sense of fear that we have now, that if ID (and other Bible stuff) isn't taught in public schools, America is going to somehow go down the same tubes the Romans did.

Things would be a lot more civil if folks kept their faiths to themselves, and the non-believers stopped calling the believers idiots and insane (hint here, guys!) for what they believe.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-30-2018)