Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill "Rapist" Cosby guilty on all three counts in indecent assault trial

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Bill "Rapist" Cosby guilty on all three counts in indecent assault trial

Bill Cosby guilty on all three counts in indecent assault trial

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/26/us/bi...ial/index.html

Norristown, Pennsylvania (CNN)The jury in Bill Cosby's retrial found the TV icon guilty of all three counts of aggravated indecent assault on Thursday for drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand at his home in a Philadelphia suburb in 2004.

The 80-year-old comedian faces up to 10 years in prison on each count, but is likely to serve them concurrently. A sentencing hearing has not yet been scheduled, and he remains out on bail.

Cosby did not have an audible reaction to his conviction, but erupted shortly afterward. Minutes after the verdict, prosecutors asked the judge to revoke Cosby's bail because they say he is a flight risk and has a private plane.

Cosby, who did not testify in the trial and has sat quietly throughout the proceedings, then stood up and yelled in a loud, booming voice: "He doesn't have a plane, you asshole."

Judge Steven O'Neill ruled that Cosby should not leave his Pennsylvania home, and that he would need to be fitted with a GPS tracking device.
    The case was the first celebrity sexual assault trial since the #MeToo movement began last fall, and as such, represented a test of how the cultural movement translates into a courtroom arena.

"What was revealed through this investigation was a man who had spent decades preying on women that he drugged and sexually assaulted, and a man who evaded this moment right here far too long," Montgomery County District Attorney Kevin Steele told reporters. "He used his celebrity, he used his wealth, he used his network of supporters to help him conceal his crimes."

What the case was about

The case against Cosby centered on testimony from Constand, a former employee with Temple University women's basketball team. She testified that Cosby, a powerful trustee at Temple, drugged her and sexually assaulted her when she visited his home to ask for career advice 14 years ago.

The trial bore all the bearings of a classic "he said, she said" so common to sexual assault trials. Prosecutors had little forensic evidence and relied on the testimony of Constand. In addition, five other women testified that Cosby had drugged and then assaulted them decades ago as prosecutors sought to prove Cosby's actions toward Constand were part of a pattern.

Cosby's defense team launched aggressive attacks on Constand's credibility and said that their sexual interaction was consensual. Constand was a "con artist," they argued, who wanted a piece of Cosby's fortune.

What happened at Bill Cosby's trial

What happened at Bill Cosby's trial

In closing arguments, defense attorney Kathleen Bliss positioned Cosby's legal team as standing up against "witch hunts, lynchings (and) McCarthyism."

After the trial concluded, Constand left through a side door in the courtroom, walking into a hallway with her arms around two women and a huge smile on her face.
    Attorney Gloria Allred, who represents many of the women who have accused Cosby of misconduct, said this was the happiest she had been with a verdict in 42 years.
    "We are so happy that finally we can say, women are believed. And not only on #MeToo but in a court of law where they are under oath, where they testified truthfully, where they are attacked," Allred said. "After all is said and done, women were finally believed."

Cosby's attorney, Tom Mesereau, said he plans to appeal "very strongly."

"We are very disappointed by the verdict. We don't think Mr. Cosby's guilty of anything and the fight is not over," he said.
    How we got here

The guilty verdict is a remarkable turn of events for the man once known as "America's Dad." Cosby was a groundbreaking actor and the first African-American performer to win an Emmy for his role on "I Spy." His portrayal of the sweater-loving Cliff Huxtable on "The Cosby Show" was one of the first mainstream TV shows to feature a black upper-middle class family.

Although dozens of women have accused Cosby of sexual misconduct, only Constand's allegations resulted in criminal charges.

"I feel like I'm dreaming," Lili Bernard, who has accused Cosby of assault, said afterward. "I feel like my faith in humanity is restored."

The verdict came a year after Cosby's previous trial ended in a mistrial, as a different panel of jurors said they were deadlocked and could not unanimously agree on a verdict. This jury began deliberating Wednesday around 11 a.m., and worked for more than 14 hours over two days to reach the verdict.

At the retrial, five other Cosby accusers testified as "prior bad acts" witnesses and said that Cosby had drugged and assaulted them decades ago.

Constand initially told police about the assault in 2005, a year after the assault occurred. Prosecutors in Montgomery County at the time decided not to file charges in the case, and Constand and Cosby settled a civil lawsuit for $3.38 million in 2006.

But in late 2015, as a groundswell of women spoke out with accusations against Cosby, a new prosecutor in Montgomery County filed charges.
    "Everybody got to see who he really is when each of those prior bad-act witnesses got to testify. The guy was an actor for a long time," Steele said.
    CNN's Aaron Cooper and Jean Casarez reported from Norristown, with Eric Levenson reporting and writing in New York. CNN's Tony Marco and Darran Simon contributed to this report.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FUCK THE POLICE For This Post:

christiefan915 (04-26-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

guys better start getting letters of acceptance for sex..documentation with #metoo is all you have to save you from
    "he said she said"

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

How about not slipping girls qaaludes?
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mayocide when? View Post
    How about not slipping girls qaaludes?
    Quaaludes are long gone. date rape is real, but sometimes it's not.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,448 Times in 965 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Quaaludes are long gone. date rape is real, but sometimes it's not.
    So you don't believe that he drugged up his victims prior to sexually assaulting them? I could be wrong but didn't Cosby himself admit to that?

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Gotcha68 View Post
    So you don't believe that he drugged up his victims prior to sexually assaulting them? I could be wrong but didn't Cosby himself admit to that?
    he said it was consentual. There is no proof either way. If I were on the jury, i'd probably hang it.
    Based on what I know about this case, and it isn't much..

My point though is as empowering as #metoo is -it's also ripe for abuse

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

he said it was consentual. There is no proof either way. If I were on the jury, i'd probably hang it.

If it was consensual then why the need for drugs?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gotcha68 For This Post:

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If it was consensual then why the need for drugs?
    cmon..
    Qaaludes were called disco biscuits back in the daze. they were passed around like candy.

people do alcohol and drugs and have sex.

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,784 Times in 17,238 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

guys better start getting letters of acceptance for sex..documentation with #metoo is all you have to save you from
    "he said she said"
    Especially the ones you drug. You are careful about that aren't you?

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Especially the ones you drug. You are careful about that aren't you?
    you are such a dick.

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

cmon..
    Qaaludes were called disco biscuits back in the daze. they were passed around like candy.

people do alcohol and drugs and have sex.
    I would assume the people doing the drugs are aware they are taking drugs at any given time, not having them slipped into a drink etc.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gotcha68 For This Post:

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I would assume the people doing the drugs are aware they are taking drugs at any given time, not having them slipped into a drink etc.
    again. Cosby claimed consentual sex..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

TOP (04-26-2018)

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,182 Times in 25,717 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

It did hang the first time. But more came out in this trial.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    It did hang the first time. But more came out in this trial.
    but no evidence just testimony

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Bill Cosby is THE most arrogant asshole I have ever met in my life.

Always talking shit about black people and what we aren't doing to live the 'moral' life that he has been living. Of course all that shit talking came before his evil ass got caught raping women. He's worth millions of dollars, but he felt the need to drug and rape women.

I feel no pity for that degenerate piece of shit.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

christiefan915 (04-26-2018), FUCK THE POLICE (04-26-2018), Phantasmal (04-26-2018)