Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    Link to what
    Damn,,,,THAT IS FUNNY......a link ?
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Oh dear. Was afraid of this. :~(
    I know what you're saying. I thought though that it might be a loss of interest in life in general coupled with a slow decline in health due to his Parkinson's. This is out of the blue. Sepsis can be quite lethal. Most people contract it while in the hospital. I had a dear old gal-pal of 35 years who was winning her battle with cancer in 2007, then she contracted sepsis during one her hospital stays. She died within weeks despite massive doses of antibiotics. It'll be miracle if he makes it through all this. If not...well...the Enforcer and Robin are waiting for him.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (04-23-2018)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,496 Times in 52,724 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    I know what you're saying. I thought though that it might be a loss of interest in life in general coupled with a slow decline in health due to his Parkinson's. This is out of the blue. Sepsis can be quite lethal. Most people contract it while in the hospital. I had a dear old gal-pal of 35 years who was winning her battle with cancer in 2007, then she contracted sepsis during one her hospital stays. She died within weeks despite massive doses of antibiotics. It'll be miracle if he makes it through all this. If not...well...the Enforcer and Robin are waiting for him.
    So sorry to hear about your friend. Sepsis is difficult to survive; you're right.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So sorry to hear about your friend. Sepsis is difficult to survive; you're right.
    Thank-you. Makes one want to stay out of hospitals, doesn't it?
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Happened to a relative of mine as well. They simply ran out of antibiotics that worked. Were able to hold white count in low 20's for awhile, got it back down in the teens briefly and then lost control of it in a matter of a few days--back into the low 20's to the high 20's to the high 30's and then the high 40's the last time they did a count the night before they died.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

Stretch (04-23-2018), ThatOwlWoman (04-23-2018)

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,276 Times in 27,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

People who are married for 78 years probably do not live long without each other.

This reminds me of a documentary I saw on Andean Condors....at around 5 years of age these birds seek a mate, and they mate for life....and these birds can live to be 90 years old. Conceivably, there might even be condor pairs alive today that were mated back when Poppy and Babs got hitched.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Stretch (04-23-2018), ThatOwlWoman (04-23-2018)

11. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    Happened to a relative of mine as well. They simply ran out of antibiotics that worked. Were able to hold white count in low 20's for awhile, got it back down in the teens briefly and then lost control of it in a matter of a few days--back into the low 20's to the high 20's to the high 30's and then the high 40's the last time they did a count the night before they died.
    I'm so sorry. I remember that about sepsis. They try every single antibiotic and combinations to stop it. It's the rare person who survives it.
    pain in abortion.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Irish Exit (04-23-2018), ThatOwlWoman (04-23-2018)

13. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Thank-you. Makes one want to stay out of hospitals, doesn't it?
    I'm a retired nurse; it should scare you that I absolutely agree and would have to be at death's door before going there myself.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Stretch (04-23-2018)

15. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 371 Times in 328 Posts

Long term marriages can have the one spouse following the other. Happened to my grandparents back in 1997. My grandfather was the first to pass away with my grandmother following six days after.

THE OFFICIAL FLAG OF THE DEMOCRAT PARTY

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Boris The Animal For This Post:

Stretch (04-23-2018)

17. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    People who are married for 78 years probably do not live long without each other.

This reminds me of a documentary I saw on Andean Condors....at around 5 years of age these birds seek a mate, and they mate for life....and these birds can live to be 90 years old. Conceivably, there might even be condor pairs alive today that were mated back when Poppy and Babs got hitched.
    Isn't that so beautiful? Many bird species are the same way, including geese, swans, parrots. If one of the mates dies, the other often will too. I used to volunteer at a bird sanctuary. We had an injured pair of trumpeter swans one winter. Despite treatment, the female passed within a week. The male had just a slight injury, but after honking forlornly for her for two days, he also passed. :~( (They were shot by redneck idiots who thought that they were snow geese, also illegal to kill.)

18. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boris The Animal View Post
    Long term marriages can have the one spouse following the other. Happened to my grandparents back in 1997. My grandfather was the first to pass away with my grandmother following six days after.
    How long had they been together?

19. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,276 Times in 27,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Isn't that so beautiful? Many bird species are the same way, including geese, swans, parrots. If one of the mates dies, the other often will too. I used to volunteer at a bird sanctuary. We had an injured pair of trumpeter swans one winter. Despite treatment, the female passed within a week. The male had just a slight injury, but after honking forlornly for her for two days, he also passed. :~( (They were shot by redneck idiots who thought that they were snow geese, also illegal to kill.)
    It's poignant!

We are on the same wavelength, because I was thinking of penguins too. Did not know about the parrots. Thanks for taking care of our feathered friends!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

21. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,904 Times in 7,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vilecrock View Post
    Wonder when old Jimmy Carter is on his deathbed if libs here will slam him being able to get the very best care like they slamed Barbara Bush for getting it
    Give us the examples of Carter being against making health care available to regular people like the Bushes did, vilecrock.

Oh wait, Carter never did that.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

23. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 371 Times in 328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    How long had they been together?
    1997 would have been their 60th anniversary.

THE OFFICIAL FLAG OF THE DEMOCRAT PARTY

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boris The Animal For This Post:

cawacko (04-23-2018), ThatOwlWoman (04-23-2018)

25. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Eagles also mate for life. However they are hardwired to find another mate if one dies.
    pain in abortion.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Cypress (04-23-2018)