Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bush 41 in intensive care

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    I'm so sorry. I remember that about sepsis. They try every single antibiotic and combinations to stop it. It's the rare person who survives it.
    They did, and they weren't just the hospital my relative was at. The had several people working on it, including the CDC and some university labs/hospitals, but toward the end, by the time they conjured up something that was reactive in the lab and got it to the IV, they were already behind the stuff was mutating so fast. The last few days they just loaded them up with every nuclear anti- they could get their hands on--anti-virals, antibiotics and anti-fungals because they weren't even sure what was driving the white blood count so high at that point so much shit was going out of control. That my relative didn't die because of lack of effort on the hospital's part certainly meant a lot. They had a physician's assistant in the room 24/7, several doctors several times a day, and one of those remote monitoring systems monitored by a doc 24/7 so a doctor and the PA could video instantly if either felt a need to speak to the other, and bring in experts from other places remotely to conference.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

Stretch (04-23-2018)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Just saw on the news...a spokesperson says that 41 IS RESPONDING to treatment! Unbelievable.

Spokesman: George H.W. Bush hospitalized, responding to treatments
    By MICHAEL GRACZYK / Associated Press
    Posted at 7:34 PM Updated at 9:54 PM

HOUSTON (AP) — Former President George H.W. Bush has been hospitalized in Houston with an infection, just after attending the funeral of his wife, Barbara, a spokesman said Monday.

Jim McGrath said on Twitter that the 93-year-old Bush is “responding to treatments and appears to be recovering.” He was admitted Sunday morning to Houston Methodist Hospital after an infection spread to his blood, McGrath said.

Barbara Bush was laid to rest Saturday in a ceremony attended by her husband and former presidents Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, George W. Bush and their wives, along with current first lady Melania Trump. She was 92, and she and her husband had been married 73 years — the longest presidential marriage in U.S. history.

The elder Bush uses a wheelchair and an electric scooter for mobility after developing a form of Parkinson’s disease, and he has needed hospital treatment several times in recent years for respiratory problems.

He attended the funeral wearing a pair of knitted socks decorated in blue, red and yellow books — a tribute to his late wife’s work promoting literacy.
    Gallery: Funeral of former first lady Barbara Bush

McGrath wouldn’t elaborate Monday night on the specifics of Bush’s condition, saying additional updates would be issued “as events warrant.”

But he said the 41st president was eager to get well so he can get to his summer home in Kennebunkport, Maine.

“He’s the most the most goal-oriented person on this planet,” McGrath said.

Their son, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, indicated during his eulogy Saturday that his father had been hospitalized recently at the same time Barbara Bush was in the hospital for the last time.

Those hospitalizations were not publicly disclosed at the time.

“I think Dad got sick on purpose so that he could be with her,” Jeb Bush said.

First lady Melania Trump, who attended the funeral, sent her best wishes to the former president Monday evening.

“Sending healing thoughts of strength, along with prayers, for President George HW Bush tonight,” Melania Trump tweeted.

On Friday, during the public viewing of Barbara Bush’s casket, George H.W. Bush offered his hand to many of the around 2,500 people who walked through the church to pay their respects.

A year ago this month, Bush spent two weeks in the hospital for treatment of pneumonia and chronic bronchitis, a constant irritation of the lining of tubes that carry air to one’s lungs. Bush’s doctors said chronic bronchitis is a condition more prevalent with age and can aggravate the symptoms of pneumonia.

Bush was hospitalized for 16 days in January 2017 for pneumonia. During that hospital stay, which included time in intensive care, doctors inserted a breathing tube and connected him to a ventilator.

He also was hospitalized in 2015 in Maine after falling at home and breaking a bone in his neck, and in December 2014 for about a week for shortness of breath. He spent Christmas 2012 in intensive care for a bronchitis-related cough and other issues.

People in their 90s with Parkinson’s disease are often at higher risk of pneumonia and other infections because their swallowing process can be compromised, said Dr. David Reuben, professor of geriatric medicine at the UCLA medical school in Los Angeles.

“And the stress of losing a loved one can weaken the immune system,” he said.

Bacterial infections are treated with antibiotics, he said, while viral infections require other treatments. Infections that spread to the blood usually are not viral, however, he said.

The prognosis for such a case would depend on a number of factors, including heart rate, blood pressure and oxygenation, Reuben said.

“The more of these parameters are abnormal, the more serious the case is,” he said.

George Herbert Walker Bush served as president from 1989 to 1993. Born June 12, 1924, in Milton, Massachusetts, Bush also served as a congressman, CIA director and Ronald Reagan’s vice president.

http://www.providencejournal.com/new...-to-treatments
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

evince (04-23-2018), Guno צְבִי (04-23-2018)

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,815 Times in 14,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boris The Animal View Post
    Long term marriages can have the one spouse following the other. Happened to my grandparents back in 1997. My grandfather was the first to pass away with my grandmother following six days after.
    Same with my parents died 5 weeks apart and they were married 52 years
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

evince (04-24-2018), Stretch (04-23-2018)

7. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

You're the Missing Link!

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Give us the examples of Carter being against making health care available to regular people like the Bushes did, vilecrock.

Oh wait, Carter never did that.
    You're confusing availability with demanding someone else be forced to pay for it.

If you truly believed people that didn't have the care you felt they needed should have it, you'd pay for it on their behalf instead of supporting the government force someone else to fund it.

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,001 Times in 8,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    You're confusing availability with demanding someone else be forced to pay for it.

If you truly believed people that didn't have the care you felt they needed should have it, you'd pay for it on their behalf instead of supporting the government force someone else to fund it.
    And if I'm not wealthy enough to pay for it on their behalf, how would they get the health care they need?

Besides, I'm not asking or expecting "someone else be forced to pay for it".

I'm expecting the govt to devise a tax revenue funded health insurance program to pay for it.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

evince (04-24-2018)

11. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    And if I'm not wealthy enough to pay for it on their behalf, how would they get the health care they need?

Besides, I'm not asking or expecting "someone else be forced to pay for it".

I'm expecting the govt to devise a tax revenue funded health insurance program to pay for it.
    Not my problem. If you're going to claim they deserve it, you should have already thought about how you're going to pay for it or don't claim it.

Sure you are. When you expect the government to tax one group and another that doesn't pay the taxes to benefit from it, it's what you're doing. Do you think those getting Medicaid pay the taxes that fund it? Do you think those getting food stamps or welfare pay the taxes that fund it? What you support is the same thing.

When are you going to expect those receiving something to start doing for themselves instead of constantly expecting the government to do for them? When you start supporting personal responsibility, let me know.

12. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,728 Times in 27,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,585 Times in 18,174 Posts
    Blog Entries

13. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    CHARITY HAS NEVER BEEN ENOUGH TO FIX IT SOCIOPATH
    Then you should give more since you claim to care so much. Funny how someone that claims to care so much does so little to help.

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Another funeral coming shortly

Unfortunately this is somewhat typical ... one usually hangs on for the other, but when there's no other, their body gives up hope.
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,001 Times in 8,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Not my problem. If you're going to claim they deserve it, you should have already thought about how you're going to pay for it or don't claim it.

Sure you are. When you expect the government to tax one group and another that doesn't pay the taxes to benefit from it, it's what you're doing. Do you think those getting Medicaid pay the taxes that fund it? Do you think those getting food stamps or welfare pay the taxes that fund it? What you support is the same thing.
    IDGAF who pays taxes to fund it and who doesn't. The important thing is that people of limited means get health care. Everything else is bullshit. You're going to pay the same taxes with or without it anyway and not everything the government spends tax dollars on is going to be liked or approved of by everyone because you can't please everyone.

Besides, there's nothing you can do about it.

When are you going to expect those receiving something to start doing for themselves instead of constantly expecting the government to do for them? When you start supporting personal responsibility, let me know.
    When are you going to grow up, stop crapping your diaper and throwing tantrums like a petulant little child?

If you don't like social welfare spending in the US, nobody is forcing you to stay here. Pack up your shitty, second hand flea market and garage sale junk, buy a one way plane or boat ticket to some country that treats it's citizens like shit and get the fuck out of here.

Nobody will miss you.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

16. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

wow

no one cares?
    always cracks me up when the board retard gives people a whole 12 minutes to respond to her thread before stating 'no one cares'.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Superfreak For This Post:

cawacko (04-24-2018)

18. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    always cracks me up when the board retard gives people a whole 12 minutes to respond to her thread before stating 'no one cares'.
    this thread is not about me you obsessed asshole miner

19. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

this thread is not about me you obsessed asshole miner
    Yet you saw the word retard and knew it was indeed about you and your ignorance.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Superfreak For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (04-25-2018)

21. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries