1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    how so?
    Not being able to see the obvious problem with guns in this country.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    the tangents in this thread are all over the place, that's why I asked. so i need to ask you what is the 'obvious' so I can see if there's any correlation to 'murder numbers in the past by guns'.

thanks.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

3. The Following User Groans At blackascoal For This Awful Post:

rjhenn (04-24-2018)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,362 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    We have more guns and less murders. I guess you're right, I'm not seeing the obvious problem.

Edit: And seeing that I don't own or shoot guns how am I part of the problem?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Truth Detector (04-23-2018)

6. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

I have more guns now than I did 3 years ago. none of mine have killed or injured anyone. Not seeing the obvious problem with guns. I'm seeing a pretty obvious problem with homicidal maniacs attacking target rich environments though.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

7. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

We have more guns and less murders. I guess you're right, I'm not seeing the obvious problem.

The problem of mass shootings in America is an obvious problem. Not sure what you're looking at.

The US has less than 5% of the worlds population .. has 31% of all global mass shootings.

Gun homicide rates are more than 25 times higher in the US than any other high-income nation.

Mass shootings in the US: there have been 1,624 in 1,870 days
    No other developed nation comes close to the rate of US gun violence. Americans own an estimated 265m guns, more than one gun for every adult.

Data from the Gun Violence Archive reveals there is a mass shooting – defined as four or more people shot in one incident, not including the shooter – nine out of every 10 days on average
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...s-gun-violence

I can't speak for you, so I wrong to believe the problem is as obvious to you as I think it should be. But the problem is obvious.

8. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    I have more guns now than I did 3 years ago. none of mine have killed or injured anyone. Not seeing the obvious problem with guns. I'm seeing a pretty obvious problem with homicidal maniacs attacking target rich environments though.
    The problem isn't about how many guns you have, nor have you killed anybody.

This problem is political, and you stand on the side that must be rolled over to create a better future.

9. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

The problem isn't about how many guns you have, nor have you killed anybody.

This problem is political, and you stand on the side that must be rolled over to create a better future.
    come and take them
    Last edited by SmarterthanYou; 04-24-2018 at 08:15 AM.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

10. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 58 Times in 51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    I was just anticipating the two "arguments" most often employed by gun lovers, and you did hit on one

"Dramatically, no, continuously, yes, but it has nothing to do with the increase of guns in America, as I explained above, and especially since the total number of guns has increased but the number of gun owners has decreased
    So, by your own reasoning, the number of guns owned have no effect on the number of deaths. Which is what Conservatives have been saying all along. Glad you finally agree.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to The Ugly Truth For This Post:

12. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The problem of mass shootings in America is an obvious problem. Not sure what you're looking at.

The US has less than 5% of the worlds population .. has 31% of all global mass shootings.

Gun homicide rates are more than 25 times higher in the US than any other high-income nation.

No other developed nation comes close to the rate of US gun violence. Americans own an estimated 265m guns, more than one gun for every adult.

Data from the Gun Violence Archive reveals there is a mass shooting – defined as four or more people shot in one incident, not including the shooter – nine out of every 10 days on average

I can't speak for you, so I wrong to believe the problem is as obvious to you as I think it should be. But the problem is obvious.
    Archives isn't talking about mass shootings only, he's talking about gun violence in general. He complains when one person gets killed. The murder rate has dropped tremendously in this country. So if he's saying gun killings are as American as apple pie then show the statistics of murder in this country over the past 40 years or so and tell us why it has dropped even though the number of guns owned has increased.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

14. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 58 Times in 51 Posts

And just who is doing most of that killing? It's blacks and other minorities. Most of those deaths also occur in just a handful of cities. All of them run by liberals. Do you see a pattern here?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to The Ugly Truth For This Post:

16. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,175 Times in 10,393 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Depends how you vote.

17. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,175 Times in 10,393 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Archives isn't talking about mass shootings only, he's talking about gun violence in general. He complains when one person gets killed. The murder rate has dropped tremendously in this country. So if he's saying gun killings are as American as apple pie then show the statistics of murder in this country over the past 40 years or so and tell us why it has dropped even though the number of guns owned has increased.
    All violent crime has been decreasing since the 90s. Nobody seems to know why. The constant is 30,000+ gun deaths per year. Every year.

Compare that rate to all other western societies and the conclusion is clear.

18. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Depends how you vote.
    please elaborate

19. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    All violent crime has been decreasing since the 90s. Nobody seems to know why. The constant is 30,000+ gun deaths per year. Every year.

Compare that rate to all other western societies and the conclusion is clear.
    I see. So #neveragain is about stopping suicide by guns. That's what kids are marching at schools for? Interesting.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

21. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by The Ugly Truth View Post
    And just who is doing most of that killing? It's blacks and other minorities. Most of those deaths also occur in just a handful of cities. All of them run by liberals. Do you see a pattern here?
    Who said anything about race? Race has nothing to do with this. It's about the number of murders with guns which has dropped.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post: