Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: atheists go to heaven: the Pope

1. #166 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Lol. Evidently the commie Pope has never actually read the Bible. I'm not surprised. Leftist loonery rots the brain.
    Every life matters

2. The Following User Groans At countryboy For This Awful Post:

rjhenn (04-27-2018)

3. #167 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    wow your beliefs speak of horrors done to people who don't share your beliefs with such joy.

no wonder people are leaving your religion behind

THE POPE SAID ATHEISTS GO TO HEAVEN

I think hes a better authority on Jesus than you
    You don't believe in Jesus, or heaven. Sooooo......what are you on about? Oh, just the usual, bashing Christians. Carry on.....
    Every life matters

4. #168 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

But religion does help people handle life

it even makes some of them better people willing to help others

I say believe what you believe

stop organizing

it gives evil people a latter to climb to lie to you

believe from your heart

Not from the lips of someone else
    That pesky Bible tells us to have fellowship with other Christians. Or, you know, like, organize.

How about you do what you do, and we'll do what we do. Deal?
    Every life matters

5. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

Stretch (04-23-2018)

6. #169 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,849 Times in 14,187 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hvilleherb View Post
    The Pope doesn't run America.
    nor do the fundy christ stains
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

rjhenn (04-27-2018)

8. #170 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

wow your beliefs speak of horrors done to people who don't share your beliefs with such joy.

no wonder people are leaving your religion behind

THE POPE SAID ATHEISTS GO TO HEAVEN

Not if he believes atheists go to heaven.

By the way, I'm not Catholic so I put about as much credibility on what the Pope says and I give Obama for being qualified. You figure out the percentage.

9. #171 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

so.... whats the incentive to be a catholic then?
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

10. #172 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldvoTrumpovich View Post
    See. I was right. The Pope said so.

The Holy Father is full of surprises, born of true and faithful humility. On Wednesday he declared that all people, not just Catholics, are redeemed through Jesus, even atheists.

However, he did emphasize there was a catch. Those people must still do good. In fact, it is in doing good that they are led to the One who is the Source of all that is good. In essence he simply restated the hope of the Church that all come to know God, through His Son Jesus Christ.

Francis based his homily on the message of Christ to his disciples taken from the Gospel of Mark. Francis delivered his message by sharing a story of a Catholic who asked a priest if atheists were saved by Christ.

"They complain," Francis said, "If he is not one of us, he cannot do good. If he is not of our party, he cannot do good." He explained that Jesus corrected them, "Do not hinder him, he says, let him do good."

The disciples, Pope Francis explained, "were a little intolerant," closed off by the idea of possessing the truth, convinced that "those who do not have the truth, cannot do good." "This was wrong... Jesus broadens the horizon." Pope Francis said, "The root of this possibility of doing good - that we all have - is in creation."

"Even them, everyone, we all have the duty to do good, Pope Francis said on Vatican Radio.

"Just do good" was his challenge, "and we'll find a meeting point."

Francis explained himself, "The Lord created us in His image and likeness, and we are the image of the Lord, and He does good and all of us have this commandment at heart, do good and do not do evil. All of us. 'But, Father, this is not Catholic! He cannot do good.' Yes, he can... "The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ, all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone! 'Father, the atheists?' Even the atheists. Everyone!" We must meet one another doing good. 'But I don't believe, Father, I am an atheist!' But do good: we will meet one another there." ����
    odd when the pope rejects the NT.....he is preaching exactly what the Pharisees were condemned by Jesus for preaching.......very sad.......salvation does not come through good works.......the Catholic church used to believe that........

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Stretch (04-23-2018)

12. #173 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post

the Bible is a better authority on Jesus than either.......the claim that people who deny this existence of God but do good things can attain salvation is directly contrary to the word of God.......this may be the best example of why there should be no popes since the guy who started the Crusades.......

13. #174 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    the Bible is a better authority on Jesus than either.......the claim that people who deny this existence of God but do good things can attain salvation is directly contrary to the word of God.......this may be the best example of why there should be no popes since the guy who started the Crusades.......
    Ephesians 2:8

14. #175 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,849 Times in 14,187 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    Half of New Testament forged, Bible scholar says

“I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come,” the man –the Apostle Paul - says in the Bible's 2 Timothy. “I have fought the good fight. I have finished the race. I have kept the faith.”

The passage is one of the most dramatic scenes in the New Testament. Paul, the most prolific New Testament author, is saying goodbye from a Roman prison cell before being beheaded. His goodbye veers from loneliness to defiance and, finally, to joy.

There’s one just one problem - Paul didn’t write those words. In fact, virtually half the New Testament was written by impostors taking on the names of apostles like Paul. At least according to Bart D. Ehrman, a renowned biblical scholar, who makes the charges in his new book “Forged.”

He says none of the earliest gospels revealed the names of its authors, and that their current names were later added by scribes.

Ehrman also says that two of Jesus’ original disciples, John and Peter, could not have written the books attributed to them in the New Testament because they were illiterate.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/0...-scholar-says/
    Last edited by Guno צְבִי; 04-23-2018 at 08:19 AM.
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

rjhenn (04-27-2018)

16. #176 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post

“I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come,” the man –the Apostle Paul - says in the Bible's 2 Timothy. “I have fought the good fight. I have finished the race. I have kept the faith.”

The passage is one of the most dramatic scenes in the New Testament. Paul, the most prolific New Testament author, is saying goodbye from a Roman prison cell before being beheaded. His goodbye veers from loneliness to defiance and, finally, to joy.

There’s one just one problem - Paul didn’t write those words. In fact, virtually half the New Testament was written by impostors taking on the names of apostles like Paul. At least according to Bart D. Ehrman, a renowned biblical scholar, who makes the charges in his new book “Forged.”

Despite what the Pope say, you won't be there. Get used to it now. No need to be surprised when it happens. It will save you from thinking you can whine when told "no".

17. #177 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,773 Times in 27,247 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

18. #178 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

He says none of the earliest gospels revealed the names of its authors, and that their current names were later added by scribes.

Ehrman also says that two of Jesus’ original disciples, John and Peter, could not have written the books attributed to them in the New Testament because they were illiterate.

Ignorance is no excuse. That Scholar "SAYS" is about as close to a fact as is the fake news stories attributed to Mr./Mrs. Anonymous. Several of the authors in the New Testament could not read nor write...but surrounded themselves with people who could, just as declared in the Bible itself. Example: Have you never wondered about "MARK"......who was clearly the interpreter for PETER as Peter's original Gospel was in Hebrew and of course it was translated first into Greek by Mark. Consider the very words of Peter as death was approaching his physical body, he made it very clear with no ambiguity that he would find a way to make sure after his death people had access to the things revealed to him by inspiration of the Holy Spirit. 2 Peter 1 Indeed Mark and others drafted the majority of that which is revealed by Peter and John....but that does not make any of the scriptures any less truthful. The only verified scholars among the Apostles were Luke (the physician) and Paul (the expert in the Old Law and its prophecies)

How do you assume the entire New Testament was carried forth? It was written down. When it was complete, just as the Apostle Paul stated, mankind would no longer be looking at this New Covenant as if he were looking through a mirror with distortion (as the mirrors in the 1st century were made of shinny metal instead of polished glass and Mercury, and presented a very distorted imagine). When the Holy Spirit had revealed everything that mankind needed to find fellowship with Father God.....there was no longer a need to act like Children, but the time had come for men to put away childish things and GROW UP into the kingdom intended by the Christ.

Peter declared that man had everything needed (2 Peter 1:3) Paul spoke of the fact that when that which was perfect comes (the complete canonized New Testament)....the time of needing miracles to confirm the word of God would cease (1 Cor. 13:8-13) What is that which is PERFECT? Allow the scriptures to enlighten you. "But he who looks into THE PERFECT LAW OF LIBERTY (record found in the BIBLE) and continues in it and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does." -- James 1:25

The original Apostles duty was to help establish the infant kingdom/church of Christ....after it had a firm foundation with everything revealed by the Holy Spirit of God that was required....it was recorded for future generations of Christians.

More liberal logic? When there is a court recorder taking down the actual statements in a court room sitting.......this record is not valid because it was written down by nothing but a secretary with short hand skills? Really? Then of course that would make BHO illiterate because he did not actually draft his books?
    Last edited by Ralph; 04-23-2018 at 10:08 AM.

19. #179 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Half of New Testament forged, person who actually isn't a Bible scholar says

I know, right?......

20. #180 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hvilleherb View Post
    The Italians may buy the Pope's crap, but we ain't buying it in America. If your not a Christian, you'll be spending eternity in Hell.
    Newsflash herbie.

1. Catholics are Christians.

2. Millions of Catholics in America listen to the Pope.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Cypress (04-23-2018), evince (04-23-2018), rjhenn (04-27-2018)