Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: atheists go to heaven: the Pope

1. #301 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gotcha68 View Post
    I truly and with every fiber in my being hope that you are right on only one condition. I will face your god and ask it how it could create something and then be an almighty asshole to its own creation (human beings).

Your god is a fucking asshole.
    Spoiler alert!
    YOU won't be the one doing the talking at that point.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

2. #302 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

I truly and with every fiber in my being hope that you are right on only one condition. I will face your god and ask it how it could create something and then be an almighty asshole to its own creation (human beings).

Your god is a fucking asshole.
    If you think about it, you don't really want that.

You assume that you'd get to ask any question. There you go again blaming God for your wrong choice.

3. #303 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Spoiler alert!
    YOU won't be the one doing the talking at that point.
    I doubt he'll be asking any questions. For some reason he thinks he'll get that option.

4. #304 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

The pope has no authority as to salvation. He's a sinner the same as you and I, in need of forgiveness.
    Only Christ forgives.

<snip>
    Just to be clear, the Pope has called himself a sinner numerous times.

[Pope Francis' book]The Name of God is Mercy, due for release in 86 countries on Tuesday, calls on leaders in the Roman Catholic Church to show compassion to "wounded humanity" rather than being quick to condemn and exclude those who don't conform to the faith.

In the book he writes: "I have always been very much attached to them, precisely because of the awareness that I have of being a sinner. Every time I cross the doorway of a prison, I always ask myself, 'Why are they here, and not me? I should be here, I should deserve to be here.' Their fall could have been mine. I don't feel superior to those in front of me."

'Who is Jorge Mario Bergoglio?" "I am a sinner. This the most accurate definition. It is not a figure of speech, a literary genre. I am a sinner." These are words that readers might easily have skipped over. Our pope’s admissions and gestures of humility have, after all, become one of his trademarks."

"Francis also told "Zeit" that he does not consider himself to be special in any way, saying about himself: "I, too, am a sinner, and am fallible."

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

rjhenn (04-28-2018), Stretch (04-26-2018)

6. #305 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    Christy says you are wrong, but if he does say that he has rejected Christian and Catholic doctrine.....I hope that isn't true........

oh my, are you trying to cheat on that election, too?......
    Now you're just being ignorant. Nowhere does the Pope say he rejects Catholic and Christian doctrine. You protestants will say anything to smear the man.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

7. #306 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    I doubt he'll be asking any questions. For some reason he thinks he'll get that option.
    True. Even Satan knows who Christ is, and he knows how the book ends as well.

You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.
    James 2:19
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

CFM (04-26-2018)

9. #307 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

True. Even Satan knows who Christ is, and he knows how the book ends as well.

You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.
    James 2:19
    Satan isn't working to defeat God because he knows he's already lost. Satan is trying to take as many down with him as are willing to follow and, based on this thread, Satan will have a lot of company.

10. #308 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,448 Times in 965 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

You clearly have no sense of sarcasm...along with not understanding irony and hypocrisy.

11. #309 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Satan isn't working to defeat God because he knows he's already lost. Satan is trying to take as many down with him as are willing to follow and, based on this thread, Satan will have a lot of company.
    And Satan appears to be focused on taking down believers. Satan is doing an outstanding job. Satan should be god.

12. #310 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You clearly have no sense of sarcasm...along with not understanding irony and hypocrisy.
    Oh, that argument, huh?

13. #311 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And Satan appears to be focused on taking down believers. Satan is doing an outstanding job. Satan should be god.
    He tried to be God and look what it got him.

14. #312 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Oh, that argument, huh?
    Look, bright spark, since no evidence has been forthcoming proving your god exists and the fact that I am an atheist means that I have no worries about standing in front of your mythological god and asking, or answering, any damn questions. Got it? It was sarcasm.

Feel bad for me if you want. Or don't. IDGAF

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gotcha68 For This Post:

rjhenn (04-28-2018)

16. #313 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Look, bright spark, since no evidence has been forthcoming proving your god exists and the fact that I am an atheist means that I have no worries about standing in front of your mythological god and asking, or answering, any damn questions. Got it? It was sarcasm.

Feel bad for me if you want. Or don't. IDGAF
    That's your claim now, liar.

Where's the picture as proof? Nothing has been provided to the level I need to believe what you claim. I never said I could provide the proof to the level you'd accept if such a level exists. God will provide that proof and, despite what you say, you really won't want it when it happens.

If, as you claim, God is mythical, how can you stand in front of him? If, as you claim, God is mythical, why do you spend so much time worrying about Him? I don't spend time worrying about unicorns and dragons, both mythical.

17. #314 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Satan's time is running out. He's a thief, liar and the father of lies. And, yes he's out to take down as many as he can.

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
    John 10:10
    pain in abortion.

18. #315 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Satan's time is running out. He's a thief, liar and the father of lies. And, yes he's out to take down as many as he can.

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
    John 10:10
    I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Gotcha gets to meet God. Love to see just how big and bad he is when he gets a face to face meeting.