Thread: A Little Girl Gives Coins To A Street Musician And Gets The Best Surprise In Return

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 58 Times in 51 Posts

Default A Little Girl Gives Coins To A Street Musician And Gets The Best Surprise In Return

This is pretty amazing. Members of the "Hans-Sachs"-Choir and the Philharmonic Orchestra of Nuremberg organize a flash mob. Make sure you watch to the end.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Would dueling banjos have killed them?

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,607 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Seems so very Facebooky... But I like the way they started with the recorder, seriously staged, but hey... Their musicians, not writers.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Seems so very Facebooky... But I like the way they started with the recorder, seriously staged, but hey... Their musicians, not writers.
    What do you mean staged??

Don't dozens of people always walk around, with their instruments and chairs, just waiting to start an orchestra; with backup singers??
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,185 Times in 13,935 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

Cute,but they never refocused on the little girl, would have been better if they had returned to her at the end

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,607 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    What do you mean staged??

Don't dozens of people always walk around, with their instruments and chairs, just waiting to start an orchestra; with backup singers??
    I'm not talking about the whole event. Just the "pull a recorder out of my backpack and start playing a portion of Beethoven's 9th" portion.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,000 Times in 8,027 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Ugly Truth View Post
    This is pretty amazing. Members of the "Hans-Sachs"-Choir and the Philharmonic Orchestra of Nuremberg organize a flash mob. Make sure you watch to the end.
    I think I'll pass.

I hate that contrived, professional flash mob crap.

Like when a bunch of yuppies break into a big choreographed dance number in a shopping mall etc.

If they all started armpit farting in unison or playing a bongo solo on their butt cheeks, I could watch that.

But this fancy-shmancy, staged and rehearsed crap is just too phony for me.

Thanks anyway.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I'm not talking about the whole event. Just the "pull a recorder out of my backpack and start playing a portion of Beethoven's 9th" portion.
    OH, she was part of the "conspiracy".
    She was probably used, to get the "cute" factor.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.