Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: TRUMP vs DEEP STATE: “The War Is On”

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    despite this enormous investment, there is not enough evidence to show the public that these programs are keeping Americans any safer – especially in the intelligence ...
    Fortunately, America has wide-awake allies.

British spies were first to spot Trump team's links with Russia

13 Apr 2017
    Britain’s spy agencies played a crucial role in alerting their counterparts in Washington to contacts between members of Donald Trump’s campaign team and Russian intelligence operatives, the Guardian has been told.

GCHQ first became aware in late 2015 of suspicious “interactions” between figures connected to Trump and known or suspected Russian agents, a source close to UK intelligence said. This intelligence was passed to the US as part of a routine exchange of information, they added.

Over the next six months, until summer 2016, a number of western agencies shared further information on contacts between Trump’s inner circle and Russians, sources said.

Read more: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...m-links-russia

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

kudzu (04-21-2018), ThatOwlWoman (04-21-2018)

3. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Oompah!

4. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

Deep state is a silly fiction...
    it doesn't get sillier than the notion of liberal utopia.
    Free speech is cool as long as it jibes with our program.

-- The Left

5. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Granule View Post
    it doesn't get sillier than the notion of liberal utopia.

Are you saying you believe in Utopia?

6. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

Are you saying you believe in Utopia?
    Did I say I did?
    Free speech is cool as long as it jibes with our program.

-- The Left

7. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    I got say the "deep state" inneundo is one of the right's better conspiracies, when looking for a scapegoat, everywhere one could interject "they" can now be replaced with "deep state," just as nebulous and unspecific, but gives the conservative that existential threat they have to have to define everything

Who in the hell is this "deep state?" Without listing the same three or four names can any conservative tell us exactly who makes up this "deep state?" And "Obama holdovers" doesn't fly, the majority of people in the DC beaurcracy have worked thru several Administration and always have, and now suddenly cause Trump gets elected their against the guy currently sitting in the White House?

It's bogus, but as we know a whole lot of conservative believe anything some fat guy on the radio or chubby demagogue on TV tell them
    The deep state is not just the enemy of the right, they are your enemy as well. I would suggest researching the deep state conspiracy theory as if you are trying to prove the conspiracy to be true. If your only goal is to discredit it, you will only find evidence that it is false.

I have learned a lot of good points that lefties have, simply by researching them as if I am a lefty myself who wants to prove the point from a lefty perspective. It can be difficult to isolate myself from my personal political stance, but when I do it long enough to study from my opponent's perspective, I learn plenty.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Evmetro For This Post:

dukkha (04-21-2018)

9. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,572 Times in 2,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    The deep state is not just the enemy of the right, they are your enemy as well. I would suggest researching the deep state conspiracy theory as if you are trying to prove the conspiracy to be true. If your only goal is to discredit it, you will only find evidence that it is false.

I have learned a lot of good points that lefties have, simply by researching them as if I am a lefty myself who wants to prove the point from a lefty perspective. It can be difficult to isolate myself from my personal political stance, but when I do it long enough to study from my opponent's perspective, I learn plenty.
    Go research flat earth theory as though you were trying to prove it true.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Badguy For This Post:

Frank Apisa (04-22-2018), ThatOwlWoman (04-21-2018)

11. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post

How can they be my enemy when I know it simply doesn't exist as proven by the mere fact no conservative here he tells us they believe it exists can explain who or what it is beyond regurgitating the same half dozen or so individuals and the unproven innuendo they are associated with by the right wing media

For example, six months ago "secret societies" was "proof" that the "deep state" existed and we see how far that one went

12. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,572 Times in 2,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 153 Posts

Hail HYDRA.

13. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    i'm not going over this yet again. This is all classified info dug out by Nunes
    on the FBI -as well as FBI ( Clinton) abuses- you'll see on the upcoming IG ( Horowitz) report.

Of course it's conclusion drawings - do you expect any real reporting by Fake News?
    They wouldn't even cover the FBI abuses until coverage became impossible to ignore.

The days of investigative reporting are over with the exception of
    sarah carter ( Circa news) and John Soloman ( the Hill). If you watched Hannity you'd see their coverage.
    they broke the fact of the texts. the IG report followed that coverage.

You can tell me ( and yourself) this is all fake news or you can clue in - i DO NOT CARE-
    i'm sure you'll see the IG report covers the Clinton Email investigation and Session has appointed
    Huber /Horowitz in place of another SC to cover the FISA abuse.

I can share and lead you to water, but I can't make you drink..really that's the end of it-it's upto you
    Stop, the first line kills you, "this is all classified info dug out by Nunes"

I don't know why you people can't recognize the truth, Nunes's memo, or anything that Nunes has done, is purely, exclusively, 100%, solely NUNES'S INTEPRETATION and that is all it is, nothing else. Your line, which apparently you believe portrays Nunes's work as creditable and proof of a "deep state," is as inane as me saying everything Adam Schiff has said or done is one hundred percent accurate

Why is it so difficult to recognize the obvious?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

Frank Apisa (04-22-2018), ThatOwlWoman (04-21-2018)

15. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Stop, the first line kills you, "this is all classified info dug out by Nunes"

I don't know why you people can't recognize the truth, Nunes's memo, or anything that Nunes has done, is purely, exclusively, 100%, solely NUNES'S INTEPRETATION and that is all it is, nothing else. Your line, which apparently you believe portrays Nunes's work as creditable and proof of a "deep state," is as inane as me saying everything Adam Schiff has said or done is one hundred percent accurate

Why is it so difficult to recognize the obvious?
    THE INFO IS CLASSIFIED,,Nunes memo is not a lot of speculation, but there is conclusions.
    Nunes says very little about the Deep State -his focus is digging out the info from DoJ
    He's threatened impeachment to do it.

The DS conclusions are based on the info-but not just the FBI, the IG report will show the abuses..

Remember this conversation when the IG report comes out -the same way Mccabe supporters kept saying Trump got Sessions to fire him,,,the IG is the one who went after Mccabe

16. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    THE INFO IS CLASSIFIED,,Nunes memo is not a lot of speculation, but there is conclusions.
    Nunes says very little about the Deep State -his focus is digging out the info from DoJ
    He's threatened impeachment to do it.

The DS conclusions are based on the info-but not just the FBI, the IG report will show the abuses..

Remember this conversation when the IG report comes out -the same way Mccabe supporters kept saying Trump got Sessions to fire him,,,the IG is the one who went after Mccabe
    Come on there "noise," Nunes in private supposedly reviewed thousands of pages of classified documents and came out with what was his and only his interpretation of what those documents said, it is pure speculation, Nunes's speculation, based upon circumstantial events where he implies factuality. How would that be any different than Schiff's interpretation of the same documents?

Nunes memo, or the events implied within it, are used as partial proof that this "deep state" supposedly exists, and I remembered he also threatened impeachment if the Comey memos weren't released, now that they are, nothing. The impeachment rhetoric is pure political theater, Nunes is pure political theater, he didn't get the handle "twilight Uber to the White House" for nothing

Lastly, McCabe prove nothing other than McCabe supposedly lied, you can't employ it, as conservatives are, to generalize on the entire FBI, especially considering that he is in trouble for approving the releasing of information that was helpful for the Trump campaign. What are you going to do if the IG report comes to no definitive conclusion?

17. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,563 Times in 17,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    Besides the Trump White House, there are three main camps in all of this: the Clinton machine, the Obama machine, and the Deep State which controls the media narrative. The Deep State appears to be siding with the Obama machine which is leaving the Clintons more exposed than they have ever been. The unknown is who the Trump White House goes after the hardest from here on out. For now, it looks like they are letting their enemies knife one another. Smart. I’ve never once said Hillary Clinton could face charges. Guess what? I’m saying it now. She could. It really is getting that intense. Some in the media know it. They’re doing everything they can to prevent anything like that from happening but if they have to choose they’ll choose Obama over the Clintons and the Clintons know it.”
    Do you really believe that shit?: wow

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (04-21-2018)

19. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,519 Times in 52,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Do you really believe that shit?: wow
    Apparently the whack-jobs love this deep state silliness. Rather than look at the real causes of dysfunctional govt. no longer working for the people (corporate money, lobbyists, etc.), they prefer to believe in this fiction. It allows them to remain outraged yet helpless, oh-so-deeply concerned yet powerless. Whereas if we all went with the truth -- our legislators are bought and owned by the plutocracy -- then we'd have to do something more than just piss about it on a political chat board. Now who do you suppose benefits the most from this division, hmm?

20. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,618 Times in 21,481 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    I love how you turbo-libs deny the existence of The Deep State. By denying it's existence, you can ignore arguments to eliminate it.

No rational voter wants GovCo controlled by non-elected officials, but that's exactly what the Deep State has done. Once it is exposed you will lose your voter base forever.
    Run hide under your bed... the deep state is gunna get you.

It’s great to have such an amorphous enemy you can blame all your troubles on.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

Frank Apisa (04-22-2018)