Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Illinois county declares itself a SANCTUARY COUNTY for gun owners - HAHAHA

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Yes, a judge can overrule a jury:

A judge may only throw out guilty verdicts. He may never overrule a jury that acquits a defendant and then himself declare the defendant guilty. ... Alternatively, a judge can throw out a verdict for any mistake or malfeasance that might prompt a higher court to overturn it.
    unless that verdict is not guilty, again.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,660 Times in 4,439 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mayocide when? View Post
    When the hell is the federal government going to need local cops to enforce gun law for them? You're damn right the federal government doesn't have the right to forcibly conscript local cops to enforce federal law for them. Now apply that logic elsewhere.
    True, state and local law enforcement has no authority to enforce federal law whether it is guns or immigration law. But federal officials only ask that cities hold illegal aliens for immigration officials rather than let them out of jail for criminal related activities. Cities agree to do so with a warrant.

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    almost all judges routinely instruct juries that they cannot judge the law, only judge the facts based upon how the judge explains the law to the jury. This, in effect, keeps jurors from understanding that they have a right to nullify a jury. That is we the peoples fault of ignoring the usurpation of the courts.
    Even if that were not true that would not keep Congress or the president from making unconstitutional laws or executive actions. There was no jury involved when Congress passed a law unconstitutionally requiring the states to expand Medicaid to everyone under a certain income. It depended on the Supreme Court to declare that unconstitutional.

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Shortly before we got the fuck outta Dodge, the state of Missouri voters passed a constitutional amendment that said, in essence, that the feds aren't the boss of us when it comes to gun laws, and that Missouri would no longer be required to recognize any federal gun regulations. Predictably, within weeks of this hilarious stupidity, several convicted felons filed suit to regain their right to bear arms. We moved away two years ago so I don't know how it all turned out.

But yeah, let's let cons have guns again because those feds don't know jack shit. What could possibly go wrong?
    Missouri law enforcement doesn't enforce federal gun laws, anyway. I assume federal law enforcement will still be in Missouri and be enforcing those laws.

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Even if that were not true that would not keep Congress or the president from making unconstitutional laws or executive actions. There was no jury involved when Congress passed a law unconstitutionally requiring the states to expand Medicaid to everyone under a certain income. It depended on the Supreme Court to declare that unconstitutional.
    wrong. any state that didn't want to work with that law simply had to have a voter referendum and if a majority of the citizens said no, the state can just ignore that law.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    They say they will defy state laws on guns. They need to expand that to federal laws too. That's what CA has done with federal immigration laws.

Mid-America Motor-works is in Effingham ... that's where the Corvette Funfest is http://www.corvettefunfest.com/

I go every other year ... Fun Times
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

7. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    Mid-America Motor-works is in Effingham ... that's where the Corvette Funfest is http://www.corvettefunfest.com/

I go every other year ... Fun Times
    I thought you'd be more apt to go to HooptieFest.

hooptie.jpg

hooptie2.jpg

8. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

wrong. any state that didn't want to work with that law simply had to have a voter referendum and if a majority of the citizens said no, the state can just ignore that law.
    That is unconstitutional it itself since there is no such provision in the document. So if a state wanted to ignore laws drafting men into the service, paying income or Social Security taxes, redistricting, etc., they could just ignore the law? You don't want the current Constitution, you want to go back to the Articles of Confederation which gave all power to the states.

9. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's Fucking Effingham ... smack dab in the Middle of where no one is going.
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

10. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 5,099 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 908 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries

everyone should have the opportunity to go to med school and try to be a doctor.

how does a jury decide that guns should be outlawed?

because we have a right to trial by a jury of our peers.........or were you not aware of that?
    So you want people to get an education to be a doctor, but not for understanding and interpreting the law?

I believe the right to a jury trial applies in criminal cases, not Constitutional cases. Also, the Constitution does give the SCOTUS original jurisdiction in some cases.

I believe I asked this before, I don't recall if you answered, so if you did I apologize in advance. Who is the ultimate decider of 300 million divided by 6 (federal) people?

11. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,210 Times in 3,431 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,204 Times in 1,881 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yaya View Post

3. If you don't want judges interpreting the constitution, why do you want lawyers determining which citizens interpret the law? Seems that the EB and Congress already do that.
    Judges don't interpret the constitution anymore. They rewrite the constitution and call it an interpretation. They make stuff up. That's how they legalized abortion and ordered states to give free k-12 to illegal invaders. THINK
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

12. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    That is unconstitutional it itself since there is no such provision in the document. So if a state wanted to ignore laws drafting men into the service, paying income or Social Security taxes, redistricting, etc., they could just ignore the law? You don't want the current Constitution, you want to go back to the Articles of Confederation which gave all power to the states.
    there is NO constitutional power to compel the states to follow laws that are not within the constitutional framework of the federal government and medical care is among them. the draft is wholly unconstitutional. I repeat, JUDGES do not have power to change the constitution. Only one single entity has the power to change the constitution. we the people.

13. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So you want people to get an education to be a doctor, but not for understanding and interpreting the law?
    if understanding and interpreting laws takes an education, then the law is too complicated in the first place, PLUS ignorance of the law is no excuse, so YOU MUST KNOW THE LAW!!!!!

I believe the right to a jury trial applies in criminal cases, not Constitutional cases. Also, the Constitution does give the SCOTUS original jurisdiction in some cases.
    to hear cases, not interpret the constitution.

I believe I asked this before, I don't recall if you answered, so if you did I apologize in advance. Who is the ultimate decider of 300 million divided by 6 (federal) people?
    and I told you before.......in any case heard by a jury, that jury is the ultimate decider of the constitution.

14. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

True, but I don't think those cases involving original jurisdiction usually involve constitutional interpretation. If the Constitution gave the court that authority Marbury would not have been necessary.

15. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    Judges don't interpret the constitution anymore. They rewrite the constitution and call it an interpretation. They make stuff up. That's how they legalized abortion and ordered states to give free k-12 to illegal invaders. THINK
    It is difficult to maintain the illusion that we are interpreting a Constitution, rather than inventing one. - Antonin Scalia