Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: solid proof of evolution

1. #211 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Well I appreciate your injecting some science in to the discussion.
    Looking at the bible isn't going to answer what lies behind the big bang or what force is pulling the universe apart.
    My role in these debates is to keep the materialist philosophers in line lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. #212 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Yet, it is an information processing system lol.

And quite a bit more sophisticated than anything Bill Gates could come up with.
    Yes. It’s just not a binary system that ID advocates argue that it is.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

3. #213 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Did god just create the ordered stuff like crystals and dna or did he also go in for entropy and cancer and asteroids
    smashing planets and quantum flux and tsunamis and NCAA brackets. More shit is unpredictable than can be resolved by general accounting principles.

4. #214 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

I go yes and no on that. If we look around with awe and wonder, that is good if it causes us (human race) to seek knowledge, if your awe and wonder makes you adopt a stultifying conclusion
    like god did it, game over, end of story, stop studying (like it did during the dark ages) then it is, I maintain, a very bad thing. How many children of fundamentalist christians will not grow
    to be Nobel Prize winning geneticists, neuroscientists or biochemists because their parent's beliefs inculcated them and they were steerted to Bob Jones U instead of Cal Tech it is anyone's guess.

We won't continue to be a great country with a bunch of brainwashed science doubters, and don't think that isn't happening. It quite obviously is. In fact they have managed to take power
    in the Republican party. I think it all matters and I don't think it's disconnected.
    http://www.logicalfallacies.info/

Just FYI....about 74% of the US population is Christian
    and about 18% are agnostic......interesting

Is 74% of the US population 'science doubters".....I hardly think so.....nor are they Conservatives or Republicans....to believe that is to adopt a stultifying conclusion.
    Thinking is better than ranting illogical nonsense....

Awe and wonder doesn't hamper ones enthusiasm for knowledge at all, but instead, does just the opposite....it arouses the curiosity and enhances our thirst for knowledge....
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NOVA For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (04-21-2018)

6. #215 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,448 Times in 965 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NOVA View Post

Is 74% of the US population 'science doubters".....I hardly think so.....nor are they Conservatives or Republicans....to believe that is to adopt a stultifying conclusion.

Awe and wonder doesn't hamper ones enthusiasm for knowledge at all, but instead, does just the opposite....it arouses the curiosity and enhances our thirst for knowledge....
    If 74% of the US population is Christian than this country is a piss poor representation of true Christian values, such as they are.

Not something to brag about really.

7. #216 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gotcha68 View Post
    If 74% of the US population is Christian than this country is a piss poor representation of true Christian values, such as they are.

We’re in desperate need of more secularism lol!
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

8. #217 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,710 Times in 27,343 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

You can't be a party made up of people that relentlessly deny evolution, and then howl in protest when anyone points out the GOP is an anti-science party of ignoramuses.

Only Six Percent Of Scientists Are Republicans: Pew Poll

A new study by the Pew Research Center finds that the GOP is alienating scientists to a startling degree.

Only six percent of America’s scientists identify themselves as Republicans; fifty-five percent call themselves Democrats. By comparison, 23 percent of the overall public considers itself Republican, while 35 percent say they’re Democrats.

The ideological discrepancies were similar. Nine percent of scientists said they were “conservative” while 52 percent described themselves as “liberal,” and 14 percent “very liberal.” The corresponding figures for the general public were 37, 20 and 5 percent.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/..._n_229382.html

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

evince (04-21-2018), Phantasmal (04-21-2018), ThatOwlWoman (04-21-2018)

10. #218 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Gotcha68 View Post

Well, thats another debate and not relevant to this
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

11. #219 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    You can't be a party made up of people that relentlessly deny evolution, and then howl in protest when anyone points out the GOP is an anti-science party of ignoramuses.
    Consider the source....liberal/conservative/republican/democrat have nothing to do with science
    Just and another mime in the old political bullshit claim that we are smarter than you....and again, irrelevant to the thread topic.

There us no political party that is made up of only those the deny evolution or is anti-science....

12. #220 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,773 Times in 27,247 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

13. #221 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,773 Times in 27,247 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    We’re in desperate need of more secularism lol!
    believe whatever you want

don't deny science is real to protect what you believe

14. #222 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Correct....there is no 'party' that relentlessly denies evolution or is anti-science.....if there was, the 74% of the US population that identify as Christians would have total power of
    government....thats is obviously not the way it is.....when did we last have a president to declared to be a non-Christian...

When has evolution made a difference in a political election ?...for that matter, when has any scientific beliefs mattered in an election....
    Did Hillary lose because she's a Christian ?
    I realize that one certain political party seems to politicize just about every issue to gain power, but thats another debate too....

If you insist on making this thread issue political, start another thread.

15. #223 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

74 percent may identify as Christian. Perhaps 25% are the dumbass varietal that hates science. I can work with the 50% like the smoker can with a doctor who is OK with a 5 cig per day habit.
    If you are a turbo fundie, it's a non-starter. Ignorant and willingly, nay antagonistically, so from the get. Shame their children have no chance. Maybe they can all get jobs as docents in a creationist
    museum. And don't get me started on the Christian Repuke gunshot wedding.

16. #224 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Correct....there is no 'party' that relentlessly denies evolution or is anti-science.....if there was, the 74% of the US population that identify as Christians would have total power of
    government....thats is obviously not the way it is.....when did we last have a president to declared to be a non-Christian...

When has evolution made a difference in a political election ?...for that matter, when has any scientific beliefs mattered in an election....
    Did Hillary lose because she's a Christian ?
    I realize that one certain political party seems to politicize just about every issue to gain power, but thats another debate too....

If you insist on making this thread issue political, start another thread.
    OK then back to your point. "There are natural things we don't understand, can't do, and are crazy complicated, therefore the bible god exists"

That's about all you got, right?

17. #225 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

OK then back to your point. "There are natural things we don't understand, can't do, and are crazy complicated, therefore the bible god exists"

That's about all you got, right?
    I hate to repeat myself, but it seems you don't quite understand the written word....I don't know if a god exists or he doesn't exist....far above my pay grade to come
    to a conclusion on that.....Its you that have come to conclusions with absolutely no logical proof.....not me. You think lack of proof proves your conclusion...thats a very
    stupid mind set.

It is you that thinks you are smarter than the Pythagoras, Socrates, Platos and Aristotles of the past. After all, you’re a modern man, went to school, you can count and read….so you imagine you are.
    I accept I have much to learn before I can make finite claims such as you continue to do....all you show us is your closed and narrow-mindedness....

Are we to ignore the ancient manuscripts and drawings discovered throughout the World ? Are we to ignore the ancient stories and myths of our earliest ancestors ?

Obviously, todays science community don’t think so and don't come to off the wall conclusions based on personal beliefs with no proof….and neither do I.....