Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637 LastLast

Thread: solid proof of evolution

1. #511 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,563 Times in 17,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    show me a falsifiable experiment to demonstrate humans evolved from the first vertebrate .....if you cannot, there is NO evidence......
    Since it was 3.5 billion years ago, there are no traces. However you can work backwards through time and surmise the direrection . Entering all know data ,you make a computer model to show how it works. https://news.nationalgeographic.com/...ngle-ancestor/

2. #512 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Since it was 3.5 billion years ago, there are no traces. However you can work backwards through time and surmise the direrection . Entering all know data ,you make a computer model to show how it works. https://news.nationalgeographic.com/...ngle-ancestor/
    Thats what they do with evolution....
    you 'surmise' your own evidence ?..rats have legs and so do humans, hence etc. etc........sounds exactly like what those Bible thumpers do....
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NOVA For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (04-23-2018)

4. #513 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

Scientists try to speak with precision. I, personally, believe in evolution, but when it becomes a "fact" scientists will stop calling it a "theory."

5. #514 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    Scientists try to speak with precision. I, personally, believe in evolution, but when it becomes a "fact" scientists will stop calling it a "theory."
    Parts of it are fact.

Bacteria evolve resistance to antibiotics through natural selection acting on mutations. I absolutely believe that because the evidence is unassailable.

When you get into macro evolution I start to get a little shakey lol, though I’m fairly confident in it. I’m even more skeptical of the alleged jump from single cell organisms to multicellular organisms with organs, limbs etc.

And even though it’s not evolution, I’m severely skeptical something like DNA and the genetic code could form from simple organic chemicals, regardless of time or number of trials involved.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

6. #515 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    surmise
    gosh science has changed since I was a kid......you used to have to do experimentation........now all you need to do is surmise.......

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Darth Omar (04-23-2018)

8. #516 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Parts of it are fact.
    agreed......blue butterflies evolved from yellow butterflies........

9. #517 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

gosh science has changed since I was a kid......you used to have to do experimentation........now all you need to do is surmise.......
    you hate science huh

10. #518 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

let me guess....does Desh think blue butterflies are racist?.....

11. #519 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,169 Times in 5,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    Of course, if you read about the judgment in Matthew 25, faith doesn't matter. All that matters is how we treat others.
    Dang it! I like the other way better.
    Sin all you want..Give money...Be forgiven...Free pass to eternal life...End of story.
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

12. #520 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    you hate science huh
    Of course he does. He is a delusional hate filled moron whose ego is aligned with an absolute absurdity.
    Why would he not hate objectivism, rationalism, empiricism, logic, proportion and reality?

They are delusional idiots. They are incapable of reason. It would take deprogramming to make these losers worthy of your time in conversation.

13. #521 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    But as strictly a philosophical matter, it’s quite rational to infer design based on the evidence.

Why is that so threatening to some people?

No of course it is not rational at all to infer that. Feel free to articulate in English exactly upon what evidence you draw the inference(s)

What is understandable and lamentable is how some uneducated and undisciplined people buy in to the anthropomorphism that projects the
    false sense of human intention upon the natural universe. It's the most important thing to science that this fault does not occur.

As scientists we want to understand the world as an intelligent robot. What your sad religion does is explain reality 90 percent injecting
    human emotion and experience onto the subject of investigation.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (04-24-2018)

15. #522 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,563 Times in 17,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NOVA View Post
    Thats what they do with evolution....
    you 'surmise' your own evidence ?..rats have legs and so do humans, hence etc. etc........sounds exactly like what those Bible thumpers do....
    What? Evolutionists have real evidence and they track it back a long long way. The bible has zip, just a belief with no new evidence and no old evidence. Is that what you really thought? Damn.

16. #523 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    It's a theory. You said so yourself.
    In science a Theory is supported by evidence, predictive testing and observation, not the more common usage which would be called a hypothesis in science. So, when a detective has a theory, if he were a scientist he would call it a hypothesis, once he has evidence the detective calls it proven, while science then calls it a Theory. You shouldn't attempt to be a wordsmith unless you happen to actually understand the meaning of the words in context.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (04-24-2018)

18. #524 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    In science a Theory is supported by evidence, predictive testing and observation, not the more common usage which would be called a hypothesis in science. So, when a detective has a theory, if he were a scientist he would call it a hypothesis, once he has evidence the detective calls it proven, while science then calls it a Theory. You shouldn't attempt to be a wordsmith unless you happen to actually understand the meaning of the words in context.
    Do you mean the evidence, predictive testing, and observation supporting a theory and claimed to have proven something that later changes because someone else found different "evidence" that refutes what has been called proven fact? 2 + 2 = 4 is a fact. Something claimed as proven fact doesn't change. If it does, it really wasn't a fact at all.

19. #525 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

why?.....we don't have a way to prove our existence to them......
    Who would we prove it to?