Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637 LastLast

Thread: solid proof of evolution

1. #526 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    no. Distances are too far. Alpha Centauri, our nearest galaxy neighbor is 4.4 light years away. We could go there , if we have 100 years to do it. Then a message sent back would take 4.5 years.
    In other words, you expect people to believe what you say and use the "because I said so" argument to back it up. Sorry, no proof of life on other planets, it doesn't exist.

2. #527 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,553 Times in 53,373 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    But as strictly a philosophical matter, it’s quite rational to infer design based on the evidence.
    Why is that so threatening to some people?
    I'm not sure if "threatened" is the right word. What most of us who accept evolution as an evidence-based explanation don't care for is the insistence of some Intelligent Design proponents that ID be taught in public schools alongside real science, as though it too is evidence-based.

3. #528 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 41,003 Times in 32,308 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,870 Times in 2,757 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Who would we prove it to?
    read what I responded to.......

4. #529 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I'm not sure if "threatened" is the right word. What most of us who accept evolution as an evidence-based explanation don't care for is the insistence of some Intelligent Design proponents that ID be taught in public schools alongside real science, as though it too is evidence-based.
    Two sides to that coin.

If they would stick to strictly ‘evidence-based’ in teaching evolution they can’t go beyond macro evolution. They should stress that origin of life is NOT evolution. And in fact, it’s a different problem altogether—and they should explain why that is.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

5. #530 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    read what I responded to.......
    I did.

6. #531 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

then you already know......

7. #532 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Do you mean the evidence based "facts" that later change when some contradicting "facts" are found?

8. #533 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    then you already know......
    You said we don't have a way to prove our existence to them. We don't need a way to prove our existence to something that doesn't exist.

9. #534 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,553 Times in 53,373 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Two sides to that coin.

If they would stick to strictly ‘evidence-based’ in teaching evolution they can’t go beyond macro evolution. They should stress that origin of life is NOT evolution. And in fact, it’s a different problem altogether—and they should explain why that is.
    I've taken several college-level biology courses and have never had an instructor discuss the origin of life in a definitive manner; it has always been pointed out that we simply do not know at this time how and when the first lifeforms (generally believed to be the prokaryotes) arose.

10. #535 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I've taken several college-level biology courses and have never had an instructor discuss the origin of life in a definitive manner; it has always been pointed out that we simply do not know at this time how and when the first lifeforms (generally believed to be the prokaryotes) arose.
    Unless you’re actually studying evolution, evolution typically serves as a kind of back-story in biology related courses. A home-schooled person in ID could understand the role of mutations in natural selection as well as anyone.

In my own line of work one could either assume the four tendons that comprise the rotator cuff are an evolutionary adaptation—-or that they were designed to function a certain way, and it makes zero practical difference. Ironically, it’s arguably more helpful to think in terms of design since tendons and bones function according to engineering principles. Pulleys, levers etc.

We’ve had similar debates actually lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

11. #536 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

THE EVOLUTIONARY HISTORY OF BROWN TROUT (SALMO TRUTTA L.) INFERRED FROM PHYLOGEOGRAPHIC, NESTED CLADE, AND MISMATCH ANALYSES OF MITOCHONDRIAL DNA VARIATION
    No Access
    Louis Bernatchez
    The Society for the Study of Evolution

Received: March 7, 2000; Accepted: September 18, 2000
    [+] Author & Article Info
    Abstract
    Phylogeographic, nested clade, and mismatch analyses of mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) variation were used to infer the temporal dynamics of distributional and demographic history of brown trout (Salmo trutta). Both new and previously published data were analyzed for 1794 trout from 174 populations. This combined analysis improved our knowledge of the complex evolutionary history of brown trout throughout its native Eurasian and North African range of distribution in many ways. It confirmed the existence of five major evolutionary lineages that evolved in geographic isolation during the Pleistocene and have remained largely allopatric since then. These should be recognized as the basic evolutionarily significant units within brown trout. Finer phylogeographic structuring was also resolved within major lineages. Contrasting temporal juxtaposition of different evolutionary factors and timing of major demographic expansions were observed among lineages. These unique evolutionary histories have been shaped both by the differential latitudinal impact of glaciations on habitat loss and potential for dispersal, as well as climatic impacts and landscape heterogeneity that translated in a longitudinal pattern of genetic diversity and population structuring at more southern latitudes. This study also provided evidence for the role of biological factors in addition to that of physical isolation in limiting introgressive hybridization among major trout lineages.
    https://doi.org/10.1554/0014-3820(2001)055[0351:TEHOBT]2.0.CO;2

Strange, this scientist tracing the evolutionary history of brown trout never consults Genesis... I mean, he cites about 200 other scientific papers. Not even once?

I will post a scientific paper every day exploring the biblical theory of forms. 0-1 and counting.

12. #537 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You said we don't have a way to prove our existence to them. We don't need a way to prove our existence to something that doesn't exist.
    not who we are talking about.....

13. #538 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,861 Times in 17,284 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,603 Times in 4,280 Posts

In other words, you expect people to believe what you say and use the "because I said so" argument to back it up. Sorry, no proof of life on other planets, it doesn't exist.
    No, I expect people who can think, to realize that the distances in space make contact with aliens very difficult. You really have trouble with logic and information, don't you? Mathematically , life of other planets is assured. http://www.astrodigital.org/astronom..._equation.html The Drake equation . Truth is we have fond thousands of planets since the Drake equation . It i s more positive now, because it did not factor in as many planets as there are.
    Last edited by Nordberg; 04-24-2018 at 12:30 PM.

14. #539 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    THE EVOLUTIONARY HISTORY OF BROWN TROUT (SALMO TRUTTA L.) INFERRED FROM PHYLOGEOGRAPHIC, NESTED CLADE, AND MISMATCH ANALYSES OF MITOCHONDRIAL DNA VARIATION
    No Access
    Louis Bernatchez
    The Society for the Study of Evolution

Received: March 7, 2000; Accepted: September 18, 2000
    [+] Author & Article Info
    Abstract
    Phylogeographic, nested clade, and mismatch analyses of mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) variation were used to infer the temporal dynamics of distributional and demographic history of brown trout (Salmo trutta). Both new and previously published data were analyzed for 1794 trout from 174 populations. This combined analysis improved our knowledge of the complex evolutionary history of brown trout throughout its native Eurasian and North African range of distribution in many ways. It confirmed the existence of five major evolutionary lineages that evolved in geographic isolation during the Pleistocene and have remained largely allopatric since then. These should be recognized as the basic evolutionarily significant units within brown trout. Finer phylogeographic structuring was also resolved within major lineages. Contrasting temporal juxtaposition of different evolutionary factors and timing of major demographic expansions were observed among lineages. These unique evolutionary histories have been shaped both by the differential latitudinal impact of glaciations on habitat loss and potential for dispersal, as well as climatic impacts and landscape heterogeneity that translated in a longitudinal pattern of genetic diversity and population structuring at more southern latitudes. This study also provided evidence for the role of biological factors in addition to that of physical isolation in limiting introgressive hybridization among major trout lineages.
    https://doi.org/10.1554/0014-3820(2001)055[0351:TEHOBT]2.0.CO;2

Strange, this scientist tracing the evolutionary history of brown trout never consults Genesis... I mean, he cites about 200 other scientific papers. Not even once?

I will post a scientific paper every day exploring the biblical theory of forms. 0-1 and counting.
    No one disputes that kind of evolution.

Interesting article though lol.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (04-24-2018)

16. #540 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    No, I expect people who can think, to realize that the distances in space make contact with aliens very difficult. You really have trouble with logic and information, don't you? Mathematically , life of other planets is assured. http://www.astrodigital.org/astronom..._equation.html The Drake equation . Truth is we have fond thousands of planets since the Drake equation . It i s more positive now, because it did not factor in as many planets as there are.
    In other words you make a claim you can't support with anything but speculation and expect others to believe it because you said so. I would expect people that make such claims to provide an argument to back it up other than "because I said so".