Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MGTOW

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Default MGTOW

I’m surprised that there hasn’t been more discussion on here about Men Going There Own Way (MGTOW). To the uninformed they are a men’s rights organization that advocates against marriage or long term relationships with women. It would be interesting to hear people’s views on MGTOW.

On the surface they do have some seemingly legitimate gripes;

Marriage is a high cost, high risk, low payout proposition for men.

Divorce is too permissive and legally stacked against men. For example only 10% of men are awarded custody in divorce and most must pay alimony and child support even when women initiate divorce or are at fault.

That feminists demands for gender equality are often hypocritical in that they don’t demand a corresponding level of personal accountability and responsibility.

That the role of father and husband has been marginalized by popular media as socially inept bumbling Fools.

That women use marriage to advance their status and divorce when a higher status option becomes available leaving their divorced husband emotionally and financially crippled.

So are MGTOW defenders views legitimate or are they the whining of low status mysogynist who won’t man up?
    Last edited by Mott the Hoople; 04-20-2018 at 06:16 AM.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

TOP (04-20-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

MGTOW is much broader than that......just last week I went out with the wife and she said "you're not going out wearing THAT are you?"......and I said "Yes".........

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (04-20-2018), TOP (04-20-2018)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

They're mostly angry incels who want to think themselves otherwise. They might have legitimate complaints but they're not single by choice, so it doesn't matter much.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sounds like a band of losers to me.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Divorce is too permissive and legally stacked against men.
    "Too Permissive" sound like the complaint by control freaks. As for "legally stacked", men can file just as easily as women can

For example only 10% of men are awarded custody in divorce
    I seriously doubt that is true. Usually it is joint custody.

and most must pay alimony and child support even when women initiate divorce or are at fault.
    Those are largely based on income, so if the man makes significantly more money, he will have to pay. If the woman makes significantly more money, she will have to pay.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,622 Times in 21,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    I’m surprised that there hasn’t been more discussion on here about Men Going There Own Way (MGTOW). To the uninformed they are a men’s rights organization that advocates against marriage or long term relationships with women. It would be interesting to hear people’s views on MGTOW.

Divorce is too permissive and legally stacked against men. For example only 10% of men are awarded custody in divorce and most must pay alimony and child support even when women initiate divorce or are at fault.

That feminists demands for gender equality are often hypocritical in that they don’t demand a corresponding level of personal accountability and responsibility.

That the role of father and husband has been marginalized by popular media as socially inept bumbling Fools.

That women use marriage to advance their status and divorce when a higher status option becomes available leaving their divorced husband emotionally and financially crippled.

So are MGTOW defenders views legitimate or are they the whining of low status mysogynist who won’t man up?
    I think that is fine, until you develop the type of relationship where people give up something, like a career, for the benefit of the two people expecting that it will pay off for both in the long run. The person taking the risky position, the dependent position, should insist on marriage or some type of a legal contract in case the non-dependent person decides not to fulfil their side of the bargain.

If a woman stays home to support her husband/boyfriend's career, or allow him to have a relationship with children while he pursues a career.. she is giving up something and if he later leaves her flat, she loses unless protected by marriage or a Contract.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,567 Times in 17,094 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Marriage is a legal and binding contract for the benefit of the children and wives. It is a hold over from times that women were not employed outside the home. If you think marriage is a religious thing, get a divorce and the courts will make it clear to you , that it is not.

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Getting Cut-Off will change that ...
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Men do have some legitimate gripes. Women do too.
    The best "general" indicator of how a man or woman will be in the role of a husband or wife is how the prospective spouse treats/thinks of/speaks to members of the opposite sex while they are dating. That treatment usually shows up in the treatment of THEM as well. And, that the prospective spouse is happy and content with themselves, not having a compulsive NEED for the other to PROVIDE their happiness...but, simply loving the other person and looking for a marriage where each personality compliments the other one's.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    I think that is fine, until you develop the type of relationship where people give up something, like a career, for the benefit of the two people expecting that it will pay off for both in the long run. The person taking the risky position, the dependent position, should insist on marriage or some type of a legal contract in case the non-dependent person decides not to fulfil their side of the bargain.

If a woman stays home to support her husband/boyfriend's career, or allow him to have a relationship with children while he pursues a career.. she is giving up something and if he later leaves her flat, she loses unless protected by marriage or a Contract.
    But that isn't their position Jared. Their position is that the legal deck is stacked against them and that marriage is to costly and risky with to little payback and thus should be avoided.

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    They're mostly angry incels who want to think themselves otherwise. They might have legitimate complaints but they're not single by choice, so it doesn't matter much.
    What do you mean they're not single by choice? That it what MGTOW is advocating.

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I think that there is a legitimate case to say that MGTOW advocates need to man up. I was brought up that it's a cold hard cruel world out there and that it's a man's lot in life to accept accountability and responsibility for their family and loved ones and that there is a lot of satisfaction to be gained by taking this leadership role. I think their views have some legitimacy on the surface but and that there are legitimate issues that need to be addressed with some of the hypocritical views of gender equity and marginalizing the traditional roles of father and husband but that's not an excuse to cop out of society. Ultimately MGTOW is a form of hedonism.

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

What do you mean they're not single by choice? That it what MGTOW is advocating.
    I mean they didn't have a say in the matter because no one wants to date them or marry them to begin with. It's like me saying I want no part of being a model.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    I mean they didn't have a say in the matter because no one wants to date them or marry them to begin with. It's like me saying I want no part of being a model.
    I think that's largely true that they are low status males who resent not being selected and are making excuses for not making the effort at self improvement required to be selected.

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

sounds good. you can get everything you want outside of marraige anyway
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/