1. #331 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 8,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aloysious View Post
    So you do. Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I'm glad anointing someone a candidate is alien to my kind. I want no one just given our nomination. They have to go through the voters and earn it.

And Bernie dropped out and endorsed Hillary.

Should the Dems have no primary field in 2020? Just have the DNC pick one candidate today to run against Trump?
    Normally I would agree, but this case was different. We had a chance to keep the Presidency of the United States of America out of the hands of the biggest douchebag, giant turd and worst embarrassment, not to mention most potentially disastrous idiot in history.

Every sane person with a conscience should have recognized the danger this country faced with the possible election of Trump then marshalled every ounce of resources and employed the most high probability of winning strategy possible to keep it from happening.

If that meant Sanders and Stein should stay out of the race, then so be it. Keeping Trump out of power was the most critically important goal and the only thing that should have mattered. And if the Democrat's presumptive candidate was someone other than Hillary, everyone else including her should've bowed out for this particular election cycle.

It was the dividing of the left's vote that put Trump in office.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

2. #332 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Normally I would agree, but this case was different. We had a chance to keep the Presidency of the United States of America out of the hands of the biggest douchebag, giant turd and worst embarrassment, not to mention most potentially disastrous idiot in history.

Every sane person with a conscience should have recognized the danger this country faced with the possible election of Trump then marshalled every ounce of resources and employed the most high probability of winning strategy possible to keep it from happening.

If that meant Sanders and Stein should stay out of the race, then so be it. Keeping Trump out of power was the most critically important goal and the only thing that should have mattered. And if the Democrat's presumptive candidate was someone other than Hillary, everyone else including her should've bowed out for this particular election cycle.

Whose call would it have been for Hillary to be the only candidate? And you think those who supported Bernie would have been fine with that?

3. #333 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Whose call would it have been for Hillary to be the only candidate? And you think those who supported Bernie would have been fine with that?
    The party was unified behind Hillary because they felt she was the most qualified candidate.

What I said about keeping the good of the country in mind and doing whatever had the best chance of keeping Trump out of the WH applies to those Bernie supporters as well.

Them more than anyone else.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

4. #334 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The party was unified behind Hillary because they felt she was the most qualified candidate.

What I said about keeping the good of the country in mind and doing whatever had the best chance of keeping Trump out of the WH applies to those Bernie supporters as well.

Them more than anyone else.
    Many Bernie supporters felt he could have beaten Trump so how would you have convinced them they were wrong?

Edit: Hillary was more qualified than Obama in '08 but they didn't rally around her because of that

5. #335 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Whew! And here I’ve been thinking it was those confounded Russians.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

Cancel 2018.1 (04-23-2018)

7. #336 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Many Bernie supporters felt he could have beaten Trump so how would you have convinced them they were wrong?

Edit: Hillary was more qualified than Obama in '08 but they didn't rally around her because of that
    My whole point was that he shouldn't have ran to begin with.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

8. #337 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Whew! And here I’ve been thinking it was those confounded Russians.
    They sure as hell helped.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

9. #338 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

My whole point was that he shouldn't have ran to begin with.
    You really think cancelling the Democratic primary, and this was before it was known Trump would be the nominee, would unify the party?

I mean we'll never know because it didn't happen but I would think no freaking way.

10. #339 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

They sure as hell helped.
    Don't forget the Macedonians.

11. #340 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aloysious View Post
    Don't forget the Macedonians.
    #27 on the Hillary Hit Parade of blame shifting

12. #341 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,245 Times in 7,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Sanders should have done the right thing and what was in the best interest of the country, which was allowing the left to focus on the best and most qualified Democrat candidate rather than creating what was really a false choice and splitting the left's vote, thus opening the door for a Trump victory.

I understand how the concept of sacrificing one's own ambitions for the greater good is an alien concept to your kind, but it is a valid and legitimate concept that, had Sanders adhered to it, would almost certainly have prevented Trump from squeaking out his victory and thus, saved the world from the unhinged lunatic stinking up the WH now.
    Sanders said lots of what I wanted said...but I was determined to vote for Hillary Clinton no matter what. She was one of the most qualified candidates EVER to run for the office...and I think would have made a fine president.

Sanders actually did make moves to back Hillary after she won the nomination.

The problem was that some of his most petulant supporters in states where it mattered (it did NOT matter everywhere)...refused to give Hillary their votes. And we ended up with one of the most loathsome creatures ever to inhabit the political universe.

Our side lost. The nation lost. The world lost.

And some of the Trump supporters are still too ignorant to realize it!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

katzgar (04-24-2018), Nomad (04-24-2018)

14. #342 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sanders' overtures to his fan base to back Hillary were too little too late.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

15. #343 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

She lost cupcake, move on
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

16. #344 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,364 Times in 6,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    Nope. I am talking about Hillary. We are talking about how she lost to an idiot. She is to blame for her loss. period.
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

Frank Apisa (04-27-2018)

18. #345 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

Um... my comments were regarding why Hillary lost to the idiot. So no, this has nothing to do with 'defending Trump'. This has to do with (1) No one is suggesting the liar Comey run and (2) Hillary lost to the idiot because she sucked as a candidate and ran a horrid campaign.