Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Americans should be done paying their taxes by now,

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    There is a difference between using tax law and hiring an army of accountants and attorneys to manipulate tax law for your benefit, it's called civic responsibility
    taxation = theft
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,771 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    taxation = theft
    I like police, fire, roads, safe drugs, safe food, clean water, clean air, voting, safety, a military defense, all those things my tax dollars supply for me.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    So you really do think liberals and Democrats don't hire army of accountants and attorneys to help with their taxes? Interesting. I understand as a liberal you would like to believe it not to be true but you could not be more wrong.
    or they create schemes and loopholes to help their wealthy benefactors

http://thehill.com/opinion/finance/3...e-for-the-rich

Well, California's liberal-dominated legislature is proposing its own fake charity. It's called the "California Excellence Fund." Since no Festivus celebration is complete without an unadorned aluminum pole, I ask that you gather around, prepare for the "feats of strength," and allow me to "air grievances."

One of the great aspects of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act signed into law by President Trump last month is the $10,000 cap on the federal deduction for state and local taxes (SALT). California, arguably the most liberal state in the country, currently has the nation's highest base sales tax rate (7.25 percent) and the highest top marginal income tax rate (13.3 percent). The higher the tax rates, the more taxpayers can deduct on their federal returns. As a result, states like California benefit financially at the federal government's expense. Portions of the new tax law were designed to end that.

According to the IRS, California's 71,000 taxpayers with $1 million or more in taxable income deducted on average $462,500 in 2015. Middle-class taxpayers earning between $50,000 and $100,000 deducted on average $6,940 during the same period. Given that the new law increases the standard deduction to $12,000 for single filers, $18,000 for heads of household, and $24,000 for joint filers in 2018 (compared to $6,500, $9,550, and $13,000 respectively under previous law), few middle class families will be affected by the $10,000 cap on SALT deductions.

The hypocrisy of California's liberal dominated legislature is mind numbing. The foundation of liberalism is higher taxes. How many times have you heard a Democrat claim "the rich need to pay their fair share?" One would think they got their wish with the enactment of the new tax law.

For several months, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), along with every single Congressional Democrat they represent (not one voted in favor of the tax cuts bill), complained the new tax law is a "giveaway to the rich." But the elimination of the SALT deduction does the opposite. It takes away from the rich and puts more of their money into the federal government's coffers.

In an effort to end what he considers an overreach by the federal government to collect more in taxes from the Golden State's highest earners, California Senate President Kevin de Leon is proposing legislation that would help California's wealthiest avoid higher tax payments. His answer? The California Excellence Fund. Mr. de Leon wants to designate the fund as a charity, which would allow California's wealthiest to write off their state taxes as a charitable contribution. Wondering which charitable entities will be the recipients of these "donations?" Look no further than California's general fund, the money from which will be appropriated by the state legislature. Get the picture?

What's the real purpose behind this sham charitable fund? The new top federal tax rate of 37 percent combined with California's top state tax rate of 13.3 percent means California's wealthiest will pay 50.3 percent of their income in taxes. According to an April 2017 report by the Orange County Register, since 2010 California has seen a net outflow of $36 billion in income. Placating the rich by trying to help them avoid — yes, avoid — paying more in federal taxes is California's way of keeping their income in-state rather than watching it leave for lower-income states.

What about California businesses? According to a recent study conducted by Joseph Vranich, a site selection consultant and president of Irvine, California-based Spectrum Location Solutions, roughly 9,000 California businesses have moved their headquarters or diverted projects to out-of-state locations during the past seven years in an effort to avoid higher taxes and increased regulations.

The exodus of businesses could increase even further if a new bill put forth by California Assemblymen Kevin McCarty of Sacramento and Phil Ting of San Francisco, both Democrats, is passed. Assembly Constitutional Amendment 22 would require a surcharge for California businesses taking in more than $1 million, and would effectively take away half of the federal tax cut that companies in the Golden State receive. McCarty and Ting want to see the additional tax revenue distributed to programs benefiting low-income and middle-income families.

California's Pelosi, along with Senators Schumer, Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass), and Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), never seem to miss an opportunity to tell the uninformed masses that the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is a bad deal for America. Their silence and hypocrisy regarding California's legislative tax policy and its effect on wealthy earners and businesses can only be described as a Festivus miracle!
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I like police, fire, roads, safe drugs, safe food, clean water, clean air, voting, safety, a military defense, all those things my tax dollars supply for me.
    you like stealing the money of others to provide for you, taker.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    So you really do think liberals and Democrats don't hire army of accountants and attorneys to help with their taxes? Interesting. I understand as a liberal you would like to believe it not to be true but you could not be more wrong.
    the Donny has billions and cant pay on time

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

its the way the founders planned it asshole

we know you hate everything American

MOVE

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Nah, I’ve never taken what I didn’t pay for, I have worked most of my life. You enjoy all those things as well, so I guess that makes you a taker, too, otherwise you would be living off the grid, which you aren’t.

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_tax#Early_examples

The US federal government imposed the first personal income tax, on August 5, 1861, to help pay for its war effort in the American Civil War - (3% of all incomes over US$800) (equivalent to $21,800 in 2017).[11][verification needed] This tax was repealed and replaced by another income tax in 1862.[12][verification needed] It was only in 1894 that the first peacetime income tax was passed through the Wilson-Gorman tariff. The rate was 2% on income over $4000 (equivalent to $113,000 in 2017), which meant fewer than 10% of households would pay any. The purpose of the income tax was to make up for revenue that would be lost by tariff reductions.[13] The US Supreme Court ruled the income tax unconstitutional, the 10th amendment forbidding any powers not expressed in the US Constitution, and there being no power to impose any other than a direct tax by apportionment.
    In 1913, the Sixteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution made the income tax a permanent fixture in the U.S. tax system. In fiscal year 1918, annual internal revenue collections for the first time passed the billion-dollar mark, rising to $5.4 billion by 1920.[14] The amount of income collected via income tax has varied dramatically, from 1% in the early days of US income tax to taxation rates of over 90% during WW2.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Phantasmal (04-18-2018)

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They take from you in one for or another

So you want to return to the days of tariff and excise taxes? Sale of public lands? You will pay for your services one way or another.

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    its the way the founders planned it asshole

we know you hate everything American

MOVE
    make me, and come and take my ARs, cowardly racist.

if the founders wanted it so they could take our income tax, explain why the 16th Amendment didnt happen until 1913

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    the Donny has billions and cant pay on time
    Whether you file an extension or not, the money is still due by April 15th (or this year the 17th) you fucking idiot.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Superfreak For This Post:

Truth Detector (04-18-2018)

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Nah, I’ve never taken what I didn’t pay for, I have worked most of my life. You enjoy all those things as well, so I guess that makes you a taker, too, otherwise you would be living off the grid, which you aren’t.
    LOL show the itemized budget listing that shows I pay for the police, fire, and FDA crap that you love.

16. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

LOL show the itemized budget listing that shows I pay for the police, fire, and FDA crap that you love.
    lol, go live off the grid, then you don’t have to worry what you pay for!

17. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They take from you in one for or another

So you want to return to the days of tariff and excise taxes? Sale of public lands? You will pay for your services one way or another.
    he lies anyway

he doesn't know the history