Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's beginning to appear that it really is a disease with a lot of conservatives,

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,245 Times in 7,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    "CNN's Anderson Cooper confronted Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) late Monday, questioning whether the conservative lawmaker believes President Trump lies."

"You got to admit, this president has said things which are just demonstrably not true time and time again. The list is a very long one, almost on a daily basis," Cooper said."

"Jordan shot back, saying former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe "has said things that aren't true."

"So you're very bold in calling out Andrew McCabe, not so bold on the president of the United States," Cooper said. "You haven't heard the president lie?"

"Jordan said the president has always been "square" with him. When pressed on whether Trump has ever lied to the American people, Jordan said voters elected Trump to the White House."

"Have you ever heard the president lie?" Cooper asked again."

"I have not," Jordan said."

"Jordan said "nothing comes to mind" when asked again whether the president has ever said something publicly that is a lie."

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/38...-president-lie

This guy has never had a reputation for being credible, but how dumb does he think his followers are?
    Jim Jordan is a jerkoff.

Anderson Cooper should have laid that line on him, "So he could take a dump on your desk and you would defend him for doing so."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Leonthecat (04-18-2018)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,598 Times in 4,276 Posts

Jordan had a huge body of Trump lies to work with. Denying that Trump lies is saying a lot about himself. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...umps-lies.html Jordan made a fool out himself. But as this thread shows, the Repubs fall in line.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Leonthecat (04-18-2018), midcan5 (04-17-2018)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Trump snowflakes are fun to watch, it is amazing the power the man has over the republicans, they are afraid of a base that votes and votes regardless of commonsense.

"It’s easy to laugh, as some of us do, at the phrase “conservative intellectual.” When the most prominent public spokesmen for the right’s ideas include Milo Yiannopoulos, Charles Murray, and Dinesh D’Souza, one might conclude that the movement does not have anything serious to offer beyond “Feminism is cancer,” “Black people are dumb,” and “Democrats are Nazis.” (Those are, as I understand it, the central intellectual contributions of Yiannopoulos, Murray, and D’Souza, respectively.)

https://static.currentaffairs.org/20...ds-philosopher

“The trick never ages; the illusion never wears off. Vote to stop abortion; receive a rollback in capital gains taxes. Vote to make our country strong again; receive deindustrialization. Vote to screw those politically correct college professors; receive electricity deregulation. Vote to get government off our backs; receive conglomeration and monopoly everywhere from media to meatpacking. Vote to stand tall against terrorists; receive Social Security privatization. Vote to strike a blow against elitism; receive a social order in which wealth is more concentrated than ever before in our lifetimes, in which workers have been stripped of power and CEOs are rewarded in a manner beyond imagining.” Thomas Frank, What's the Matter With Kansas?: How Conservatives Won the Heart of America

Trump lies etc: http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

"The moment we no longer have a free press, anything can happen. What makes it possible for a totalitarian or any other dictatorship to rule is that people are not informed; how can you have an opinion if you are not informed? If everybody always lies to you, the consequence is not that you believe the lies, but rather that nobody believes anything any longer. This is because lies, by their very nature, have to be changed, and a lying government has constantly to rewrite its own history. On the receiving end you get not only one lie—a lie which you could go on for the rest of your days—but you get a great number of lies, depending on how the political wind blows. And a people that no longer can believe anything cannot make up its mind. It is deprived not only of its capacity to act but also of its capacity to think and to judge. And with such a people you can then do what you please." Hannah Arendt http://www.nybooks.com/articles/1978...-an-interview/
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midcan5 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-17-2018), zappasguitar (04-17-2018)

7. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 21 Times in 20 Posts

"CNN's Anderson Cooper confronted Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) late Monday, questioning whether the conservative lawmaker believes President Trump lies."

"You got to admit, this president has said things which are just demonstrably not true time and time again. The list is a very long one, almost on a daily basis," Cooper said."

"Jordan shot back, saying former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe "has said things that aren't true."

"So you're very bold in calling out Andrew McCabe, not so bold on the president of the United States," Cooper said. "You haven't heard the president lie?"

"Jordan said the president has always been "square" with him. When pressed on whether Trump has ever lied to the American people, Jordan said voters elected Trump to the White House."

"Jordan said "nothing comes to mind" when asked again whether the president has ever said something publicly that is a lie."

This guy has never had a reputation for being credible, but how dumb does he think his followers are?
    It appears fatal as well.

8. #20 | Top
    I know where the most beautiful small town in America is.
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 25 Times in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodyDouble View Post
    Many have wondered why Cooper has never been credible yet still gets to keep its job. It does know just how dumb and stupid his followers are. I'll give it that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Cat Lady View Post
    It appears fatal as well.
    When? The sooner the better!

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,667 Times in 7,364 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,968 Times in 1,784 Posts

How dumb does he think his followers are?

Well, we are talking about TRUMP voters, so...

Astounding how blatant the lying is that the GOP does to cover for Trump these days.

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ah, let me help you out there "super," it was your man Jordan there who openly denied the obvious, as I noted, a whole lot of conservatives, especially their public figures, have a hard time with honesty, and the only poor soils they are fooling are the likes of yourself, kinda tragic, in a Joseph Heller way
    Super is over on another thread whining because he can't get anyone to discuss the OP.

Yet on THIS thread, he won't discuss the OP.

Help me out, what do they call people like that again?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to zappasguitar For This Post:

Leonthecat (04-18-2018)

12. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,448 Times in 965 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

Trump is a bold faced liar. He doesn't try to hide it because he knows his supporters and care takers will attempt to square the hole and hide it for him no matter the contortions they must subject themselves to.

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    Super is over on another thread whining because he can't get anyone to discuss the OP.

Yet on THIS thread, he won't discuss the OP.

Help me out, what do they call people like that again?
    Assholes like you.

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Assholes like you.
    Awwwwwwww...

Who's the little butthurt Trumpkin?

You must just get sick sometimes of having to sit by quietly and eat all the shit Trump serves, then sit back and smile while he loads you up another plate.

All the whining you GOP crybabies did during the Obama Presidency and now you've got to defend a moron who makes Obama look like Einstein.

Yup, Karma's a bitch, ain't she?

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Assholes like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    Awwwwwwww...

Who's the little butthurt Trumpkin?

You must just get sick sometimes of having to sit by quietly and eat all the shit Trump serves, then sit back and smile while he loads you up another plate.

All the whining you GOP crybabies did during the Obama Presidency and now you've got to defend a moron who makes Obama look like Einstein.

Yup, Karma's a bitch, ain't she?
    O.K. Delusional assholes like you then.

16. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 895 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 88 Times in 87 Posts

It's beginning to appear that it really is a disease with a lot of conservatives
    Infidelity to truth is antithetical to conservatism.

PLEASE do not substitute the word conservative for the word Republican. The Republican political party is not politically conservative.
    "It should be obvious to anyone why conservatives and libertarians should be against Trump. He has no grounding in belief. No core philosophy. No morals. No loyalty. No curiosity. No empathy and no understanding. He demands personal loyalty and not loyalty to the nation. His only core belief is in his own superiority to everyone else. His only want is exercise more and more personal power." smb / purveyor of fact 18/03/18

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello archives,

Thanks for posting this:

Willful ignorance.

A big problem from this lying is that it hurts the USA.

Ironically, hurting the USA does not make it greater. Lying by our leaders makes America less great.

This man is a terrible president, and everyone who looks the other way because they think they are getting something good out of it is guilty of making America less great.

A nation's spirit is a terrible thing to waste.

The damage caused by this will go far beyond Trump's short existence as president.

We are very dangerously testing the resilience of the USA to endure.

Trump supporters seem to have us in a race. Which can we destroy first? The USA or the world?

Trump supporters don't seem to care about either. They claim they do. They have themselves fooled into thinking they do.

Where are the real conservatives who care about people, community, and longevity?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

18. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

WARNING…….Trump Derangement Syndrome.…….WARNING!
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

19. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ah, let me help you out there "super," it was your man Jordan there who openly denied the obvious, as I noted, a whole lot of conservatives, especially their public figures, have a hard time with honesty, and the only poor soils they are fooling are the likes of yourself, kinda tragic, in a Joseph Heller way
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.