Thread: US military to remain in Syria.

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    stick to the point, I don't ask about your "loyalties" though I haven't seen any criticism at all from you about KSA.

My concern is realpolitik, and geopolitical alliances- as well as the costs of constantly adding more and more weaponry and personnel to NATO. Tensions are so bad now I'm also concerned about a tripwire war.

I want Russia to be in the European sphere, it's natural orbit- as opposed to the growing Sino_Russian alliance in both their militarys and economy, and I want what's best for the Russian people and sanctions are crippling it's economy.
    The only way to help Russia ( and the world) is to help it integrate into international banking and business

Putin is doing what any decent leader would do to push back on NATO expansion-
    and US meddling in the Ukraine's maidan

We like servile leaders like Yeltsin, a drunken fool, who was a tool of the west, with disregard for his own country.
    Putin comes along as a Russian nationalist, and we flip out

You want Russia to be in the European sphere? Jesus.. What do you know of Russian history?

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    You want Russia to be in the European sphere? Jesus.. What do you know of Russian history?
    oh lord. here we go.. look at the geography. look at the cities and the Christian culture
    as opposed to it's Asian holdings in Siberia.

I'm not getting into Russian history,

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,626 Times in 27,290 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

stick to the point, I don't ask about your "loyalties" though I haven't seen any criticism at all from you about KSA.

My concern is realpolitik, and geopolitical alliances- as well as the costs of constantly adding more and more weaponry and personnel to NATO. Tensions are so bad now I'm also concerned about a tripwire war.

I want Russia to be in the European sphere, it's natural orbit- as opposed to the growing Sino_Russian alliance in both their militarys and economy, and I want what's best for the Russian people and sanctions are crippling it's economy.
    The only way to help Russia ( and the world) is to help it integrate into international banking and business

Putin is doing what any decent leader would do to push back on NATO expansion-
    and US meddling in the Ukraine's maidan

We like servile leaders like Yeltsin, a drunken fool, who was a tool of the west, with disregard for his own country.
    Putin comes along as a Russian nationalist, and we flip out
    Naïve and uninformed.
    You are indulging in an Anglo-centric view.

Generally speaking, Russia has never been interested in integration in the west; being in the west's "sphere". They would typically view your narrative of bringing them into the "orbit", the "sphere" of the west as insulting. Russia is not interested in being in the western orbit or sphere, in being perceived as a subsidiary to the west.

Russian has a unique orthodox culture that is first and foremost slavo-centric...even Eurasian.

"Russia was a slave in Europe but would be a master in Asia." - Fyodor Dostoyevsky
    They generally view their unique Slavic culture and history as distinct from the west, as relatively pure compared to the west, and they generally find much about the west to be decadent and impure.

I am almost positive they are not interested in being in the west's sphere or orbit, but they have designs of their own that are more Eurasian and slavophile in orientation. I have spent a lifetime hoping for liberals and reformers to hold sway in Russia, but it will be on their terms. Not on what we think they need.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

dukkha (04-15-2018)

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Naïve and uninformed.
    You are indulging in an Anglo-American-centric view.

Generally speaking, Russia has never been interested in integration in the west; being in the west's "sphere". They would typically view your narrative of bringing them into the "orbit", the "sphere" of the west as insulting. Russia is not interested in being in the western orbit or sphere, in being perceived as a subsidiary to the west.

Russian has a unique orthodox culture that is first and foremost slavo-centric...even Eurasian.

They generally view their unique Slavic culture and history as distinct from the west, as relatively pure compared to the west, and they generally find much about the west to be decadent and impure.

I am almost positive they are not interested in being in the west's sphere or orbit, but they have designs of their own that are more Eurasian and slavophile in orientation. I have spent a lifetime hoping for liberals and reformers to hold sway in Russia, but it will be on their terms. Not on what we think they need.
    i'm not all that up on Russian history, and I do look at the spheres of influence from a global east/west view when it comes to orbits.

My interest in Russia is for it's people's well being, and for a rapproachment with the US/NATO to the point where we aren't constantly expanding right up to their border and driving military spending.
    As a person who is interested in peaceful co-existence, i hope you can appreciate that basic concept

"Impure" or not Russia has wobbled from the Sino orbit to more western/European integration and back.
    we certainly are doing our very best to drive Putin into Xi's willing arms.
    My Objection -and for what? it does not serve our national interest to do so.

Russian interference in our election by bots and trolls? yet no one mentions the anti-Russan hate by McCain and Graham that drives our defense spending, or the hegemony of China that it enables
    OR our disgusting meddling in Ukraine's maidan that forced Putin's hand to annex Crimea.
    ( access to Sevastopol)

we're playing a dangerous game,and Haley is a driving force -along with the generalized Russiaphobia
    ginned up by Democrats and IC leadership (and Republicans), that makes even any attempt to question
    Cold War 2.0 as being 'Putin's pony' .

Russia deserves it own ability to practice nationalism, just like the USA and China do.
    This silly "eye on the Baltics" increasing meme serves no ones' interest except the warmonger.

Thanks for your perspective,and explaining this to me..it's helpful to understand that Eurasian pan-Russian
    outlook

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Cypress (04-16-2018)

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,484 Times in 6,228 Posts
    Blog Entries

In case nobody has noticed- Russia is part of Europe.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

comment (below) from your link: i can't stand her sanctimonious moral preening at the UN either
    That should be ' hypocritical sanctimonious moral preening ' if you consider the hundreds of thousands of Yemeni deaths that she cheer-leads.

Haley is the neoZionists' pin-up.

Maria Ressa.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (04-16-2018)

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

How nice. Soros is to be admired for his philanthrophy, don't you think?

Or are you another of those ignorant, knee jerk hate Soros types?
    Soros is just a name to me.

Now here's an old guy I admire;

Roger Waters Slams Syria's White Helmets: 'A Fake Organization Fronting for Terrorists'

During a concert last Friday in Barcelona, Waters denounced the 2017 Nobel Peace Prize nominee rights group a 'fake organization' that prompted propaganda for 'jihadists and terrorists'

https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-...ront-1.6007488

Maria Ressa.

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Has anybody noticed the absolute silence from ' Israel' with regard to the success of the ' chemical attack ' ploy ?

Analysis Putin May Limit Israel's Operations in Syria in Retaliation for U.S.-led Strikes

https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/e...rike-1.5995793
    Last edited by moon; 04-16-2018 at 02:58 AM.

Maria Ressa.

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    That should be ' hypocritical sanctimonious moral preening ' if you consider the hundreds of thousands of Yemeni deaths that she cheer-leads.

Haley is the neoZionists' pin-up.
    I'm not happy about HOW KSA fights in Yemen. They refuse to use their army,so they bomb the crap out of everything.
    But Iran should not be supplying missiles and material to Huthis either. It's a proxy war on Yemen's back

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm not happy about HOW KSA fights in Yemen. They refuse to use their army,so they bomb the crap out of everything.
    But Iran should not be supplying missiles and material to Huthis either. It's a proxy war on Yemen's back
    Arms dealers are the scourge of the world. They thrive upon fear.

Maria Ressa.

14. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

I gather that, now, the Americans are to remain in Syria if the Fatman is talking to the French, otherwise not. They call it world leadership!

15. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iolo View Post
    I gather that, now, the Americans are to remain in Syria if the Fatman is talking to the French, otherwise not. They call it world leadership!
    ' Israel' decides Washington's ME policies and nobody else. Others might complicate the issue - but the US will not go against ' Israel's' demands under any form of white Evangelical government- such as exists today.

Maria Ressa.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

iolo (04-16-2018)

17. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yemen is a terrible situation.. I am surprised the Saudis have shown such restraint and didn't respond in 2007.

18. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yemen is a terrible situation.. I am surprised the Saudis have shown such restraint and didn't respond in 2007.
    you mean prior restraint? cause thy have been accused of bombing hospitals

Airstrikes on hospitals in Yemen
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airstr...itals_in_Yemen

19. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Sauds are nothing but inbred tyrannical despots- and the sooner that their House falls the better for everybody.

Maria Ressa.