Thread: R admits voter ID is trump win

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    your fantasies do not concern us.......photo ID will be passed in every state not run by demmycrats if it hasn't already......then only blue states will have to worry about voter fraud.....
    Not to mention how easy it will be for THE RUSSIANSto actually vote in our elections, instead of just "meddling". And it is really quite funny to hear these idiots call GOP voters uneducated, while at the same time saying that hundreds of thousands of their own brain surgeons are evidently not intelligent enough to figure out a way to identify themselves to anyone outside of their immediate families! And they have evidently been off the grid like this all of their lives!
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,761 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesh View Post
    Because it's not a real problem and is a defacto poll tax designed to suppress the vote of people YOU would prefer don't vote

The elderly...the poor...the infirm...all people who people like you see as probable Dem voters.

Never mind that you steal the suffrage of Republicans and independents as well.
    The elderly? They are the most loyal Republican voters.

If the elderly, poor, and infirm are capable of registering to vote and making it to the polls, it seems a voter ID would be just as easy. If these people choose to vote by mail then many states do not require an ID for mail-in ballots.

Hillary lost WI because black turnout was much lower than for Obama--it was not because they did not have a voter ID.

If those "uneducated" Trump voters can figure out how to get an ID you would think Democrats could figure out how unless they are actually less educated.

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by callinectes View Post
    Not to mention how easy it will be for THE RUSSIANSto actually vote in our elections, instead of just "meddling". And it is really quite funny to hear these idiots call GOP voters uneducated, while at the same time saying that hundreds of thousands of their own brain surgeons are evidently not intelligent enough to figure out a way to identify themselves to anyone outside of their immediate families! And they have evidently been off the grid like this all of their lives!
    The RW intent for strict voter ID is clear. Crystal, bitch

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    I was responding to questions I was asked.

Pay attention.
    I didn't ask you any questions you doddering old fool. Now wipe the fucking drool off your chin and answer my fucking question you fucking dipshit. In what way does my side try to circumvent elections? Be specific if you can, ask the nurse for help if necessary.
    Every life matters

5. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

FUCK THE POLICE (08-16-2018)

6. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,252 Times in 7,662 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    I didn't ask you any questions you doddering old fool. Now wipe the fucking drool off your chin and answer my fucking question...
    I'm sorry. I sometimes have difficulty conversing with raving lunatics.

You claim you did not ask me any questions...and then demand that I answer your question.

Are you fucking nuts...or fucking crazy?

In what way does my side try to circumvent elections? Be specific if you can, ask the nurse for help if necessary.
    Go fuck yourself, Boy.

Was that specific enough?

7. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,670 Times in 16,595 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

You claim you did not ask me any questions...and then demand that I answer your question.

Go fuck yourself, Boy.

Chill Frank...really

8. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,252 Times in 7,662 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Chill Frank...really

That's me!

9. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,670 Times in 16,595 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

That's me!
    That was not cool as a cucumber....sorry

10. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    The elderly? They are the most loyal Republican voters.

If the elderly, poor, and infirm are capable of registering to vote and making it to the polls, it seems a voter ID would be just as easy. If these people choose to vote by mail then many states do not require an ID for mail-in ballots.

Hillary lost WI because black turnout was much lower than for Obama--it was not because they did not have a voter ID.

If those "uneducated" Trump voters can figure out how to get an ID you would think Democrats could figure out how unless they are actually less educated.
    Sorry but the GOP paints with a broad brush. The very elderly...the ones impacted by this...are often dependent on programs that Republicans are trying to kill.

And registration is one hurdle...and the only hurdle people should have to overcome to exercise their constitutional right to vote.

Republicans don't WANT those groups to vote so they put up as many hurdles as possible...in spite of the fact that there is NO real need for any of this. Voter fraud is not a significant problem...but voter ID disenfranchises hundreds of thousands of LEGAL voters.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lesh For This Post:

Frank Apisa (08-16-2018), ThatOwlWoman (08-15-2018)

12. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Go fuck yourself, Boy.

This is why I usually don't bother engaging you troll. You've got nothing.
    Every life matters

13. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

FUCK THE POLICE (08-16-2018)

14. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,761 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesh View Post
    Sorry but the GOP paints with a broad brush. The very elderly...the ones impacted by this...are often dependent on programs that Republicans are trying to kill.

And registration is one hurdle...and the only hurdle people should have to overcome to exercise their constitutional right to vote.

Republicans don't WANT those groups to vote so they put up as many hurdles as possible...in spite of the fact that there is NO real need for any of this. Voter fraud is not a significant problem...but voter ID disenfranchises hundreds of thousands of LEGAL voters.
    An ID is no more a hurdle than registering to vote and is free in most states and is not even required for mail-in ballots in most cases. Some states even have mobile vans to issue IDs. Voter registration does not even require a person to prove citizenship.

I agree voter fraud is not a big issue (including Russians) and ID's are probably unnecessary; but I also don't believe voter suppression is an issue. No studies have shown voters who cannot vote because they lack the necessary documentation to get one. Some reports show the ID were not even being asked for in some precincts. The AG in this thread "suggested" IDs were a problem, not that he "admitted" they won WI and he had no evidence to support his claim.

Voter impersonation fraud is not a big issue and neither is voter suppression--they are made-up talking points to give partisans something to get incensed about.

And no Republicans want to end Social Security or Medicare. There are about 435 candidates for the House, I challenge you to show me one campaigning to end these programs. I have a very conservative Congressman and I got a brochure recently in which he prominently claimed he was for protecting these programs.

15. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Don't be silly. Voter ID laws keep elections honest. No amount of leftist loonery will ever change that.
    Don't be ignorant. our elections have been investigated many times and ID voting illegally is almost unheard of. That is a fact. What is also true is when you register to vote, you show your ID and sign your name. Then your registration is checked and if you qualify, you get a voters ID card. Is that not an ID? Of course it is. And then the poll worker checks yoiur signature to the one in the books. Good system that has been proven to work very well.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (08-15-2018)

17. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    The RW intent for strict voter ID is clear. Crystal, bitch
    You are partially correct, slut. I DO know exactly why the RW wants strict voter ID, it's because of people like my brother in law. What's NOT clear is why idiots like you are so against it
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

18. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    An ID is no more a hurdle than registering to vote and is free in most states and is not even required for mail-in ballots in most cases. Some states even have mobile vans to issue IDs. Voter registration does not even require a person to prove citizenship.

I agree voter fraud is not a big issue (including Russians) and ID's are probably unnecessary; but I also don't believe voter suppression is an issue. No studies have shown voters who cannot vote because they lack the necessary documentation to get one. Some reports show the ID were not even being asked for in some precincts. The AG in this thread "suggested" IDs were a problem, not that he "admitted" they won WI and he had no evidence to support his claim.

Voter impersonation fraud is not a big issue and neither is voter suppression--they are made-up talking points to give partisans something to get incensed about.

And no Republicans want to end Social Security or Medicare. There are about 435 candidates for the House, I challenge you to show me one campaigning to end these programs. I have a very conservative Congressman and I got a brochure recently in which he prominently claimed he was for protecting these programs.
    Of course it's a hurdle. Many elderly people no longer have birth certificates which are needed nor do they drive. WHat about people who lost their records in house fires...divorce moves whatever and don't have the time and money needed to replace them?

What about the time needed to travel to one of the (in some states...few) places that issue IDs ? Time and travel cost money...and for poor folks that's money they may not want to part with...

In fact...voter suppression is the only way Republicans can win elections. High voter turnout usually ensures Dem victories. There just aren't enough rich folks to vote for their agenda

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Lesh For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (08-15-2018)

20. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by callinectes View Post
    You are partially correct, slut. I DO know exactly why the RW wants strict voter ID, it's because of people like my brother in law. What's NOT clear is why idiots like you are so against it
    Crystal, bitch.