Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just how much of a biased joke has Fox News become?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,903 Times in 7,963 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Default Just how much of a biased joke has Fox News become?

This is why we have so many ignorant Bible thumpers and Trumptards running around fucking up society. This is how a childish mental defective like Trump managed to crap his way into the WH.

Fox News: Either Planet X Will Kill Us All on April 23rd or the Rapture Can Happen Any Time, Take Your Pick

Silly fringe theories about Planet X—an imagined planet typically named Nibiru that is on course to hit or pass by Earth with disastrous consequences—are the kind of thing normally relegated to vanity press-published books or those tabloids you browse in the supermarket checkout aisle. On Wednesday, they made it*into Fox News, with the added caveat that maybe some other Biblical catastrophe could surprise us instead.

The Planet X theory first emerged in 1995 and is usually evidenced by tortured interpretations of religious texts, with vague suppositions that NASA either hasn’t detected this ominous celestial body or is actively covering up its existence to prevent widespread panic. In an article*filed to Fox’s website*on Wednesday, this time the prophesied doomsday comes courtesy of an article in British rag the*Daily Express*citing numerologist David Meade’s interpretation of the Bible’s Revelation 12:1-2:

Is The Rapture finally here? One Christian numerologist says a biblical sign strongly suggests it.

The passage reads: “And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of 12 stars. She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth.”
    In the passage, the woman is represented as Virgo.

According to Meade, the alignment represents “the Lion of the tribe of Judah,” marking the Rapture, the belief that Christ will bring the faithful into paradise prior to a period of tribulation on earth that precedes the end of time.

(Incredibly, while the*Express*article introduces Meade as a conspiracy theorist, the Fox News one does not.)

Meade is apparently telling every gullible soul with the time to listen that Planet X will appear above the Earth on April 23rd, 2018. This will trigger the Rapture, because the planet’s massive gravitational forces will cause volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, tsunamis, and all that other bad stuff you see in Roland Emmerich movies.

To contest this grand claim, Fox News includes one view from a mainstream scientific source in just nine words:

NASA repeatedly has said Planet X is a hoax.
    To clarify,*NASA has said*that Caltech researchers analyzing the orbit of objects in the Kuiper Belt have found some evidence that there is indeed a large planet in orbit around the Sun beyond Neptune that could be as large as 10 Earth masses. (This is also sometimes referred to by the nickname of “Planet X” in the media, though the conspiracy theories predate any scientific evidence of its existence.) The existence of this planet is merely theoretical, though similar analysis of Uranus’ orbit*laid the basis*to*first observe Neptune*in 1846.

If it does exist, NASA says the available evidence indicates the unknown planet would be “about 20 times farther from the sun on average than Neptune” with an orbital period of 10,000-20,000 Earth years. That’s way further away than Pluto, which no one really seems concerned about smacking Earth in the face.

Regarding the Nibiru theory,*in an article*on NASA’s Solar System Exploration Research Virtual Institute, NASA planetary astronomer Daniel Morrison says conspiracy theorists are “constantly changing their story” on the catastrophic nature of Planet X. Morrison warned that Nibiru stories circulate on YouTube and numerous websites, that he sometimes gets five emails a day about it, and that “If [a story] is real, it is likely to be in regular news media, not just posted on some website.”

Fox, which is apparently some website, instead directed readers to this lengthy quote from Jonathan Sarfati, a physical chemist who happens to be a*Young Earth creationist*and is thereby maybe not the ideal person to pick for a debunker. According to Safarti, we don’t need to worry about April 23rd, not specifically because Planet X does not exist, but because the Rapture will happen at any time it damn well pleases:

He told the Express: “As usual with any astrology (or Christian adaptations of it), one cherry-picks the stars that fit the desired conclusion.

“There is nothing to suggest that April 23 is a momentous date for biblical prophecy, and Christians need to be careful about being drawn into such sensationalist claims.

“We won’t know the day or the hour—so we should be prepared at all times!”

There you have it, folks. Either a mythical planet is going to rend the Earth beneath its mighty gravity on April 23rd, or something else just as bad and unpredictable could happen at any time. The only thing that’s clear? NASA is hiding something.
    I suggest we have a WE'RE STILL HERE!!!! party on April 24th.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

evince (04-29-2018), Guno צְבִי (04-21-2018), Oracle Of JPP 714 (04-21-2018), ThatOwlWoman (04-30-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,555 Times in 17,085 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

On the 24th all the religious nuts will say they did not believe it.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

evince (04-29-2018), Guno צְבִי (04-21-2018), ThatOwlWoman (04-30-2018)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 400 Times in 363 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    This is why we have so many ignorant Bible thumpers and Trumptards running around fucking up society. This is how a childish mental defective like Trump managed to crap his way into the WH.

They don't care. They know baby jeebus will forgive them and wash them free of sin with his blood.
    TRUMP SUCKS. TRUMP SUCKS! TRUMP SUCKS! TRUMP SUCKS!
    ​The worst name you can call trump is trump. be best PIP LUTZ
    I come in peace! YO MAMA SHOULD KNOW UH HUH!

PIMP DADDY STFU>YURT Come Closer

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oracle Of JPP 714 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-06-2018), Nomad (04-21-2018)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    I don’t know any who do.

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    I don’t know any who do.
    So you did not read all the posts? We were fed all the bible quotes and were shown the depth of their blind faith. No Rupture, but they will not reconsider. They are like Trumpys, they ignore evidence and their imaginations will conjure up excuses that are good enough for them to stay in the same spot.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

evince (04-29-2018)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

So you did not read all the posts? We were fed all the bible quotes and were shown the depth of their blind faith. No Rupture, but they will not reconsider. They are like Trumpys, they ignore evidence and their imaginations will conjure up excuses that are good enough for them to stay in the same spot.
    I still do not know any [religious people] who believe in the rapture (I do not BTW) who actually thought it would happen on April 23. As to this message board, no, I didn’t take the time to read all the posts on this thread ... I don’t really care about the comments on a goofy idea.

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

I guess if liberals think Fox spews right wing propaganda that must mean they believe all of the other networks are sufficiently left wing?

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don’t know any who do.
    Fox News: Either Planet X Will Kill Us All on April 23rd or the Rapture Can Happen Any Time, Take Your Pick

13. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Oracle Of JPP 714 (04-30-2018)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I still do not know any [religious people] who believe in the rapture (I do not BTW) who actually thought it would happen on April 23. As to this message board, no, I didn’t take the time to read all the posts on this thread ... I don’t really care about the comments on a goofy idea.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Oracle Of JPP 714 (04-30-2018)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    I guess if liberals think Fox spews right wing propaganda that must mean they believe all of the other networks are sufficiently left wing?

the stations who didn't report this insanity were correct huh idiot

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evince For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-06-2018), Oracle Of JPP 714 (04-30-2018)

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Let's have an orgy then to celebrate! Leave the guns grab the colonies when you come.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oracle Of JPP 714 For This Post:

Nomad (04-30-2018), ThatOwlWoman (04-30-2018)

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    So what if they are? I am happy with that. cnn, the most trusted name in news.

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I know some. But my knowing some, does not swing the argument, which is on this board we had a very long thread with rightys telling us bible backing of the rupture and how they accepted the world would end the 23rd. they are silent about that now. They pretend it did not happen. that is what a religious mind set can do to people.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-06-2018), Oracle Of JPP 714 (05-06-2018)

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 429 Times in 408 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Become"? It's always been a joke.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to CharacterAssassin For This Post:

Oracle Of JPP 714 (05-06-2018)

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,654 Times in 4,435 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Please. I am no fan of Fox news but the article did not say this was going to happen. People need to research their sources.

This is what the Fox story actually said: "Biblical prophecy claims the Rapture is coming April 23, numerologist says."

Fox is as useless as MSNBC and CNN for anyone wanting news.