Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: An honest question on assault rifles.

1. #346 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,725 Times in 4,158 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,364 Times in 1,289 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    And there you have it folks...another dumbass right wing gunner blow hard reduced to babbling.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

2. #347 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,725 Times in 4,158 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,364 Times in 1,289 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    The 2nd Amendment does not exist for home protection. Because people like you exist, that wish to supplant the American position with the British position, confirms the threat to liberty which demands that the people retain their arms.
    Again, since I have no criminal record or advocacy for mindless anarchy and have NEVER advocated a rescinding of the 2nd Amendment, your insinuation is basically a slanderous lie. You have stated that you need an assault weapon because people disagree with you....that's the mindset of dictators, despots, communist and monarchial governments. Those are threats to liberty.

That's you, toodles. You said it, not me. And Britain and the USA have been allies for a LONG time, don't cha know.

Thanks for your honesty....you fascist git. Prattle on.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

3. #348 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Spare me the hair splitting, because the nuts that have been choosing this weapon did so because it fit exactly what they wanted to do....assault a crowd of people. Deal with it.
    Since I'm a law abiding citizen, what right do you have to know what I own or to try and restrict what is currently legal?
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

4. #349 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Seems you think that if one doesn't use EXACTLY the same term as you negates the bottom line. That's not the case here, chuckles.....what you have is a conversion from semi-auto to full auto....whether it's a crank or a flip of a switch and trigger pull or a bump stock. The victims don't really care. The magazine, the high capacity ammo capability...yeah, it's an assault rifle, as many victims of mass shootings discovered.
    Semi auto= 1 round down range with each pull of the trigger.
    Full auto = many rounds down range with a single pull.

I'm surprised that you weren't aware of this.

5. #350 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    It wouldn't take an expert to wreak havoc with a 12 gauge pump.
    Or a semi auto 12 gauge.

6. #351 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"The Constitution preserves "the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison of Virginia, The Federalist, No. 46)
    The second amendment allowed the US to send firearms to GB, from private owners, during WW II and also created a situation where the Japanese decided to NOT try to invade the US.

7. #352 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So, what, there should only be one model of handgun, shotgun and rifle available to civilians?
    The anti gunners want to regulate what the 2nd amendment says; but I don't see them writing their complaints on parchment, using a quill pen and then sending them to JPP via a man on a horse.

8. #353 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The usual ignorant dreck. You can do more damage "in a crowd situation" with a pump shotgun. That's why the Army used them as trench sweepers and that's why they're nicknamed "street sweepers". But, as others have noted, they don't get the same publicity as the ARs get. Yhey also recoil more, which the pussies who commit mass school shootings probably can't handle.
    This is the true semi auto street sweeper shotgun.

It's smaller then an AR-15 and can do a hell of a lot more damage and they're are still legal to own.

9. #354 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Let me dumb it down for you:

1. She gave no answer to the op as to why SHE NEEDS that particular weapon.

2. Her childish description of "liberals'" does not answer the OP.

3. Her referral to the recent case here in NYC is moronic...video of that case show a mentally disturbed man running up to people and pointing a metal tube their head quickly, making a threat and then running away. Not enough time to determine if it was a gun or pipe or garden hose handle. Out of all the 911 calls made, 9/10 said they weren't sure if it was a gun or not....the dispatch just issues a "man with a gun" scenario to the cops. A tragedy, but the cops were justified (IMHO) in their reaction. (fatal shooting).
    Since when does "NEED" fit into this?

Why do people NEED sports cars?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

NOVA (04-23-2018)

11. #355 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Please provide valid proof as to what exactly is this "special license" that a CIVILIAN can purchase/acquire to get a fully automatic weapon. in the meantime, please note that the law states that anyone owning a full automatic https://rocketffl.com/who-can-own-a-...o-machine-gun/

As to your take on the 3d printer thing on bump stocks....if bump stocks are made illegal, selling/distributing those specs on the net will be illegal, as will be the software for it.

Now, quit stalling and answer the OP question.
    The "specs" are already out there.

How are you going to stop people from "sharing"?

12. #356 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I've provided some facts regarding the ammo capability of the AR15. The whole rapid fire trigger pull of the AR15 is it's big selling point....couple that with ammo as powerful as some of the bolt action hunting rifles out there, and you have an assault rifle. It's shorter barrel length does not match with standard hunting rifles...very telling.

Now, answer the OP, please.
    Are you aware that almost any rifle can be modified to fire faster??
    Different springs to start with.

13. #357 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,676 Times in 27,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Again, since I have no criminal record or advocacy for mindless anarchy and have NEVER advocated a rescinding of the 2nd Amendment, your insinuation is basically a slanderous lie. You have stated that you need an assault weapon because people disagree with you....that's the mindset of dictators, despots, communist and monarchial governments. Those are threats to liberty.

That's you, toodles. You said it, not me. And Britain and the USA have been allies for a LONG time, don't cha know.

Thanks for your honesty....you fascist git. Prattle on.
    We are making progress though, chap.

It was mere weeks ago, that gun humpers would howl at me in protest - they would literally be triggered - when I made the statement that these civilian assault rifles really had no place in America's traditional gun culture of hunting or self defense. They actually are a mediocre to middling choice for personal self defense.....that these weapons primarily catered to the Rambo fantasies some dudes never outgrow.

At this point, we have had more than enough gun humpers full on admit they want these weapons to satiate their Rambo-esque fantasies of overthrowing the federal government, or warding off invading regiments of Cubans, that we can safely say my original statements were correct all along.

14. The Following User Groans At Cypress For This Awful Post:

rjhenn (04-24-2018)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Taichiliberal (04-24-2018)

16. #358 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

Wrong as usual. You can repeat yourself ad nausea...doesn't change the history of this weapon...and folk like you got their wish and put this back on the market...the retailers advertised it's efficiency, and people bought it on that salesmanship...as did the perpetrators of recent mass shootings. Deal with it.
    Sorry kiddo, you are the one repeating falsehoods.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Superfreak For This Post:

rjhenn (04-24-2018)

18. #359 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

I am still laughing at "honest question."
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

19. #360 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    We are making progress though, chap.

It was mere weeks ago, that gun humpers would howl at me in protest - they would literally be triggered - when I made the statement that these civilian assault rifles really had no place in America's traditional gun culture of hunting or self defense. They actually are a mediocre to middling choice for personal self defense.....that these weapons primarily catered to the Rambo fantasies some dudes never outgrow.

At this point, we have had more than enough gun humpers full on admit they want these weapons to satiate their Rambo-esque fantasies of overthrowing the federal government, or warding off invading regiments of Cubans, that we can safely say my original statements were correct all along.
    Please show where one pro-gun poster spoke of " Rambo-esque fantasies" or of "warding off invading regiments of Cubans".