Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: An honest question on assault rifles.

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    It's about parity. It's about the ability of the average citizen to meet the average soldier on almost equal terms.
    Why would the average citizen need to meet the military on ANY terms?

2. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Ahh, but I am not dealing with your personal supposition and conjecture, I'm dealing with matter of facts and history regarding mass school shootings. Like it or not the AR15 (style) was the weapon of choice because the shooter found it most effective...given that's what it was designed for.

So your evaluation of my honesty is worthless. As to your question; it's an assault weapon, as described by earlier retailers, the original designer....it was part of the AWB of 1994, which I found sufficient. You can't ban all weapons, but you can put a dent in what is the closest thing to a military full auto, and thus keep it out of the hands of the potential terrorists and nut jobs.
    I would argue that is is not the most effective. Those who have committed these atrocities strike me as being as ignorant about guns as you are.

They see dipshits like you make a big deal and think there is something to it

Be honest. You just think it looks scary. You have probably never even shot one

3. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Are you really this fucking stupid? Comparing the Civil Rights movement to this urge to own a weapon? Guess what stupid? if there were no seats in the back of the bus (standing room only) but seats in the front during the Jim Crow/segregation days, Rosa couldn't ride and would have to wait for the next bus? Why, her money was just as good as a white persons. Get the picture, stupid?

You have a right to a weapon, but NOT military grade ones....not full automatics, and for a brief time not semi-auto assault weapons. America got along fine with the AWB....crime didn't go through the roof. Deal with it.

Don't you EVER think to get away with that stupidity again.
    If you weren't such an insufferable sanctimonious fuck, maybe someone would give a fuck what you say.
    To claim that military grade weapons are not afforded second amendment protection is just lying out your ass.
    FYI ; you are about half as smart as you think you are.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

4. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Another babbling idiot who can't give a rational, honest answer to a simple question.
    Another self righteous bullshit reply.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

5. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

LMFAO.
    Asault rifles are full auto regardless of what you wrote on wiki.

6. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Post the law that says you can purchase a full automatic rifle TODAY. I believe you are confusing ownership that predates the ban law for such. I'll wait.
    read the hughes amendment. it's pretty simple. if there's anything I know about the laws the best, it's GUN laws.

As for the AR-15 and why it's so popular with clowns like you:

not sure what this has to do with ANYTHING I stated about why I prefer the AR15, but then I personally think it's your own personal fear of weapons.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

7. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

Again, you just ignore what you don't like. The information provided shows the original design for the military, the civilian version is so damned versatile that it's the next best thing..so much so that retailers initially marketed it as such
    and AGAIN, you fail to grasp the simple fact that it IS NOT AN ASSAULT RIFLE. Saying 'its the next best thing' is a marketing tool. It doesn't magically change the FACT that it is no different in how it fires rounds than any other semi auto rifle. It just LOOKS scarier/cooler. That doesn't alter one bit what the gun actually does.

8. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

Sorry, but your insipid stubbornness is of no concern or value:

Thanks for proving you have no clue about guns. Showing a video of an idiot modifying the AR15 with this ignorant 'crank' is fucking hilarious. First, he calls it a gat crank... fucking hilarious. Second, you can fire far faster with your finger than you can with a fucking crank like that.

Again... thanks for once again proving your ignorance.

9. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,632 Times in 11,620 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    and AGAIN, you fail to grasp the simple fact that it IS NOT AN ASSAULT RIFLE. Saying 'its the next best thing' is a marketing tool. It doesn't magically change the FACT that it is no different in how it fires rounds than any other semi auto rifle. It just LOOKS scarier/cooler. That doesn't alter one bit what the gun actually does.
    Haven't you figured out by now you cannot use facts when dealing with the anti-gun nut burgers. If it looks evil it must be evil plain and simple. They don't care that an AR-15 fires in the neighborhood of 45 rounds a minute where an M-16 on full automatic can fire about 600 rounds a minute.

10. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Why would the average citizen need to meet the military on ANY terms?
    It's about the intent of the second amendment.

11. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

CO
    I staunchly support and defend the second amendment and every Americans right to buy any legal weapon they choose. But I must confess I don't understand this infatuation with the AR-15. As a hunting/target weapon my 30-06 is better. So other than cool looking what good is it to the average citizen? Now don't get me wrong I'm not for outlawing them I just wonder why you would want one.

12. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

So it's a better, more effective killing machine...given it's ammo capacity and higher impact ammo used?
    If you're looking to kill something, sure. Unless you're looking to kill something very large or very far away.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

13. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
    CO
    I staunchly support and defend the second amendment and every Americans right to buy any legal weapon they choose. But I must confess I don't understand this infatuation with the AR-15. As a hunting/target weapon my 30-06 is better. So other than cool looking what good is it to the average citizen? Now don't get me wrong I'm not for outlawing them I just wonder why you would want one.
    I don't disagree with any of that. The AR-15 has become the symbol of the anti-gun crowd. Prior to that it was the AK-47. I know you are aware that there are many manufacturers of AR-15's, making them even more affordable than AK's are. So, like you, it isn't the particular weapon, but the principles.

I had to edit (a couple of times) my reply to domer76. Remember that after the Boston Marathon bombing, the authorities used armored vehicles to go house to house, pointing those AR-15's at the citizens, forcing to leave their homes with their hands up, to perform illegal searches. All on the pretext of tracking down an unarmed teenager. So when someone like domer 76 can't imagine cops and soldiers violating their oaths, I am bemused.

Edit to add: I don't own an AR-15 and I don't want one.
    Last edited by Controlled Opposition; 04-16-2018 at 11:07 AM.

14. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don't disagree with any of that. The AR-15 has become the symbol of the anti-gun crowd. Prior to that it was the AK-47. I know you are aware that there are many manufacturers of AR-15's, making them even more affordable than AK's are. So, like you, it isn't the particular weapon, but the principles.

I had to edit (a couple of times) my reply to domer76. Remember that after the Boston Marathon bombing, the authorities used armored vehicles to go house to house, pointing those AR-15's at the citizens, forcing to leave their homes with their hands up, to perform illegal searches. All on the pretext of tracking down an unarmed teenager. So when someone like domer 76 can't imagine cops and soldiers violating their oaths, I am bemused.
    That makes as much sense as anything. I have friends who have AR-15s and when I ask why they bought them they all say I've always wanted one or they are cool looking.

15. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

lol

1) To defend against a tyrannical government? or
    2) To be a first line of defense in lieu of a standing army until one can be formed?

1) You watched Red Dawn too many times.
    2) We already have the biggest, baddest standing army in the history of mankind.

The intent of the 2nd is an outdated vestige of the 18th century. Fast forward a couple hundred years, pally.