Members banned from this thread: Cancel 2018. 3, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Truth Detector, canceled.2021.1, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, CFM, Ralph, Cancel 2018.2, Eagle_Eye, countryboy, The Ugly Truth and BodyDouble

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "This Is Extremely Dangerous To Our Democracy" (Sinclair Broadcasting)

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 326 Times in 306 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    We can no longer trust the local news. Local news anchors are being handed something called a 'forced read' and being told they must say it on air, and act like it is their own opinion, or else they get fired. The local news has been sold out to national interests which are taking sides in political reporting.

The FCC has completely shirked it's duty and function to prevent a broadcasting and media monopoly.

Sinclair has been allowed to own too many news outlets, and uses them in a partisan way.

In many cases, your local news has become Trump Mouthpiece News.

You might as well be getting your news from the President's Twitter account:

"On local news stations across the United States last month, dozens of anchors gave the same speech to their combined millions of viewers.

It included a warning about fake news, a promise to report fairly and accurately and a request that viewers go to the station’s website and comment “if you believe our coverage is unfair.”

It may not have seemed strange to individual viewers. But Timothy Burke, the video director at Deadspin, had read a report last month from CNN, which quoted local station anchors who were uncomfortable with the speech.

Mr. Burke tracked down the stations and found when each had aired what he called a “forced read.”

Then he stitched together the various broadcasts to create a supercut of anchors eerily echoing the same lines:

“The sharing of biased and false news has become all too common on social media.”

“Some members of the media use their platforms to push their own personal bias.”

“This is extremely dangerous to our democracy.”

New York Times
    The overwhelming majority of the MSM acts as the DNC ministry of propaganda and actively colluded with the Clinton campaign and the DNC:

Here's one from Dana Millbank of WaPo in which he requests oppo research from the DNC:

https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/22603

And proceeds to publish it verbatim in this article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.202c7c9ee801

Here's the one from Donna Brazille of CNN and the NYTs showing that CNN gave Clinton the debate questions in advance:

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/38478

Here's one showing that a Politico reporter sent his article to the Clinton campaign for approval:

https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/10808

Here is the guest list for the Podesta dinner including numerous MSM "journalists":

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/11409

In fact thanks to wikileaks we know that more than 65 journalists were coordinating with the Clinton campaign:

THE WIKILEAKS LIST: At Least 65 MSM Reporters Were Meeting with and/or Coordinating Offline with Top Hillary Advisors

Another group of 25 mainstream reporters were invited to a dinner at Jhn Podesta’s house on April 9.
    This was a completely different list of reporters!

Here is the current RSVP list to the Thursday Night (4/9) dinner at
    Podesta’s. As a reminder, this is with the 25 reporters more closely
    following HRC (aka the future bus).

Yes
    ABC – Liz Kreutz

Yes
    AP – Julie Pace

Yes
    AP – Ken Thomas

Yes
    AP – Lisa Lerer

AURN – April Ryan

Yes
    Bloomberg – Jennifer Epstein

Yes
    Buzzfeed – Ruby Cramer

Yes
    CBS – Steve Chagaris

Yes
    CNBC – John Harwood

Yes
    CNN – Dan Merica

Yes
    Huffington Post – Amanda Terkel

NO (Panama)

LAT – Mike Memoli
    Yes

LAT – Evan Handler
    Yes

McClatchy – Anita Kumar
    Yes

MSNBC – Alex Seitz-Wald
    Yes

National Journal – Emily Schultheis
    Yes

NBC – Mark Murray
    Yes

NPR – Tamara Keith

NYT – Amy Chozik
    Yes

NYT – Maggie Haberman
    Yes

Politico – Annie Karni
    Politico – Gabe Debenedetti

Yes
    Reuters – Amanda Becker

The Hill – Amie Parnes
    Yes

Washington Post – Anne Gearan
    Yes

WSJ – Laura Meckler

Yes
    WSJ – Peter Nicholas

Yes
    WSJ – Colleen McCain Nelson

https://theintercept.com/2016/10/09/...-relationship/

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016...lary-advisors/

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello and goodbye zymurgy,

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post
    wow. the left is crying about the indoctrination going on.

why? because it isn't them doing it.

I really hate you fuckers
    Welcome to my Ignore List. If you have any more identities here please use them to promptly issue more meaningless insults and hatred so I can further improve my filters.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Fentoine Lum,

Quote Originally Posted by Fentoine Lum View Post
    Clinton deregulated the FCC, this is where it leads. 50 some odd companies in the US media space in the 1980s, 6 multinational corporations now; nothing but corporate state propaganda and perceptual reality management. You're being sold another (at least 1 more) bogus unfounded war even as we type.
    Clinton was way too much of a sell-out to big money for me. I disagree with much of what he did, although he did take good care of the budget.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nova,

Quote Originally Posted by NOVA View Post
    No, they didn't [call CNN fake news] ....I DID...they said absolutely nothing political at all....left or right, liberal or conservative....nothing at all.....
    No, their move was totally one of attempting to establish undeserved trustworthiness. This was done because of news that Sinclair is forming a large conglomerate for the purpose of swaying US public opinion, which is why they presented it in such a seemingly innocuous way.

and Trump calling CNN fake news has been aired on EVERY news station several times for months....
    And I see it has worked well within the Trump Bubble where his every word is doted upon and taken as if it came from the Bible.

looks like Sinclair is far more civic minded than many other stations.....
    Sinclair is not a station. It is a propagandistic opinion-manipulating empire.

"Sinclair has faced scrutiny from media critics, as well as some of its station employees, for the conservative slant of their stations' news reporting and other programming decisions, and how the company's rapid growth has aided its dissemination of content that appeal to these views.[2][3][4] Sinclair has also faced criticism over business practices that circumvent concentration of media ownership regulations, particularly the use of local marketing agreements, accusations that the company had been currying favor with the Trump administration in order to loosen these rules[5] and about its management lacking diversity and being totally controlled by a single family.[6] Critics including former news anchor Dan Rather have described Sinclair's practices as being "an assault on our democracy" by disseminating what they perceive to be Orwellian-like propaganda to its local stations.[7][8][9]"

Wikipedia on Sinclair

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello NOVA,

A thought occurred to me of how to bring this home for ya.

This should put things into perspective...

Would you think it should be allowed if George Soros were to buy up more TV stations than anybody and then start sending them 'Must Read' scripts, and 'Must Run' segments?

How about if Hillary was President, and George Soros already owned a majority of Newspaper publishers and wanted to get the FCC to change the rules and allow him to buy up a majority of TV networks and radio stations, too?

Supposing they did all that, and no laws were violated but they manipulated the laws to their favor?

Would you be OK with that?

Sinclair is a corporate giant that owns or operates around 190 local TV news stations across the country, and it’s been quietly forcing its stations to air nationally produced right-wing spin for years. But when it hired Epshteyn, fresh from a stint in the Trump administration, to serve as its “chief political analyst,” it was only a matter of time before everyone was paying attention. Numerous media and business reporters highlighted Sinclair’s twofold plan for growing local right-wing news: using the company’s still-pending acquisition of Tribune Media stations to further expand its reach across the country (with its potentially unethical relationship with the Trump administration and its appointees paving the way), and hiring Epshteyn as a new, Trump-aligned star for “must-run” national segments.

There is no audience for Boris Epshteyn's pro-Trump propaganda, so Sinclair forces it on people

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (04-14-2018)

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello and goodbye zymurgy,

Welcome to my Ignore List. If you have any more identities here please use them to promptly issue more meaningless insults and hatred so I can further improve my filters.
    bwahahaha. Dear whoever you are: NOBODY FUCKING CARES. YOU ALREADY FUCKED THIS UP BY EXPLAINING THE IGNORE

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sinclair = propaganda

It's the Trump channel.

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,825 Times in 17,258 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,596 Times in 4,274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    dont really see how its different from what the left leaning stations do.
    Not forced to say a message is a pretty damn big difference. You actually don't like the news, so you think it needs control by the right. The left does not control it and do not tell them what to say.

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The freedom of the press is fundamental to our freedom as a people.

A self-government depends on a well-informed actively engaged populace.

It cannot exist unless the people are properly informed.

No entity should be allowed to acquire too much control over the news.

-Even if that entity is the President's twitter account!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Frank Apisa (05-12-2018)