Members banned from this thread: Cancel 2018. 3, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Truth Detector, canceled.2021.1, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, CFM, Ralph, Cancel 2018.2, Eagle_Eye, countryboy, The Ugly Truth and BodyDouble

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "This Is Extremely Dangerous To Our Democracy" (Sinclair Broadcasting)

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default "This Is Extremely Dangerous To Our Democracy" (Sinclair Broadcasting)

We can no longer trust the local news. Local news anchors are being handed something called a 'forced read' and being told they must say it on air, and act like it is their own opinion, or else they get fired. The local news has been sold out to national interests which are taking sides in political reporting.

The FCC has completely shirked it's duty and function to prevent a broadcasting and media monopoly.

Sinclair has been allowed to own too many news outlets, and uses them in a partisan way.

In many cases, your local news has become Trump Mouthpiece News.

You might as well be getting your news from the President's Twitter account:

"On local news stations across the United States last month, dozens of anchors gave the same speech to their combined millions of viewers.

It included a warning about fake news, a promise to report fairly and accurately and a request that viewers go to the station’s website and comment “if you believe our coverage is unfair.”

It may not have seemed strange to individual viewers. But Timothy Burke, the video director at Deadspin, had read a report last month from CNN, which quoted local station anchors who were uncomfortable with the speech.

Mr. Burke tracked down the stations and found when each had aired what he called a “forced read.”

Then he stitched together the various broadcasts to create a supercut of anchors eerily echoing the same lines:

“The sharing of biased and false news has become all too common on social media.”

“Some members of the media use their platforms to push their own personal bias.”

“This is extremely dangerous to our democracy.”

New York Times
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 04-03-2018 at 07:43 AM.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

"Extremely dangerous" barely does it justice, Poli.

These savages will not be satisfied until they destroy the Republic.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

We can't trust the local news any more.

The best source of being informed is the internet and an analytical mind.

Here's how to be well-informed in today's media landscape.

You read/hear/see something on modern media. Or perhaps at a site like this.

You go online and do a search. 'Follow the money' is a great guideline. Who profits and why?

Read from numerous sources. Avoid well-known biased sites, or only use them to learn what the easily duped are being told.

Verify the sources used by the sources. If a report or study is cited, click on that. see if the information was accurately depicted or if it was cherry picked.

Learn to discern fact from opinion.

NPR has a good reputation for avoiding big money influence.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

kudzu (04-11-2018)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

dont really see how its different from what the left leaning stations do.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

6. The Following User Groans At tsuke For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (04-05-2018)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    Well, what you see as the "left leaning stations" don't recite in uniform a "must read" script, actually borders on flat out propaganda by design

8. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-03-2018)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 313 Times in 276 Posts

Trump is right, fake news is a danger to our democracy.

If we could only get the Clinton News Network shut down.

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello tsuke,

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    There is no rich conglomerate dictating ''must read' and 'must run' material to local left-leaning stations. Most of them are independent and NPR stations. They decide what to run, not some big for-profit corporation trying to sway public opinion as a part of their crony capitalism like the Sinclair empire does for the right.

Freedom of the press is letting local stations decide for them selves what to run.

Sinclair is Trump Mouthpiece Media. Part of the RWPM, Right Wing Propaganda Machine.

The free press does not include slanted media monopolies.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 04-05-2018 at 01:13 PM.

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,571 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Sinclair is only the latest part of taking over messaging in America by corporations and the rich. https://www.cjr.org/resources/?c=cablevision Corporations bought up newspapers, radio stations, movie studios, cable,magazines and everything else they could. Now they want to take over the local news. This is not benign. It is part of a plot to take over the messaging in America. This is a lot bigger and more dangerous than the vulpine Sinclair owning local news. It has a purpose. To control the news. Once they do that, democracy is dead.
    The Nazis proved once you control what people see and hear, they will fall in line. I was just following orders.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-05-2018)

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Well, what you see as the "left leaning stations" don't recite in uniform a "must read" script, actually borders on flat out propaganda by design
    Pinheads don't seem to understand exactly what they read.....

On local news stations across the United States last month, dozens of anchors gave the same speech to their combined millions of viewers.
    It included a warning about fake news, a promise to report fairly and accurately and a request that viewers go to the station’s website and comment “if you believe our coverage is unfair.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/02/b...rs-script.html

WTF is propaganda about that.....nothing....they even wanted their viewers to criticize their own coverage if they thought it was biased....

thats not something CNN would do.....

Sinclair owns the stations and wanted their viewers to know what their policy was and they not only have a right but an obligation to do that....and whose opinion do pinheads go to...?
    CNN of course, the fake news network that had to retract fake articles in the past .....

In a company statement, Sinclair said Monday that the announcements “were responding to the public’s distrust in news generally” and that “the promos served no political agenda, and represented nothing more than an effort to differentiate our award-winning news programming from other, less reliable sources of information.”
    “We aren’t sure of the motivation for the criticism, but find it curious that we would be attacked for asking our news people to remind their audiences that unsubstantiated stories exist on social media, which result in an ill-informed public with potentially dangerous consequences,” Livingston said in the statement. “It is ironic that we would be attacked for messages promoting our journalistic initiative for fair and objective reporting, and for specifically asking the public to hold our newsrooms accountable. Our local stations keep our audiences’ trust by staying focused on fact-based reporting and clearly identifying commentary.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.838c26537f6a
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello NOVA,

Quote Originally Posted by NOVA View Post
    Pinheads don't seem to understand exactly what they read.....

On local news stations across the United States last month, dozens of anchors gave the same speech to their combined millions of viewers.
    It included a warning about fake news, a promise to report fairly and accurately and a request that viewers go to the station’s website and comment “if you believe our coverage is unfair.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/02/b...rs-script.html

WTF is propaganda about that
    The propaganda part is that it was represented as a question coming from the local anchor but in reality it was not at all the view of the local anchor. Anchors were told to read this statement word for word, pretend it was their own message or the message of the local station, only it wasn't. It was an attempt to gain the confidence of viewers under false pretenses.

.....nothing....they even wanted their viewers to criticize their own coverage if they thought it was biased....
    Except it wasn't their own coverage. It is a network pretending over and over to be a local station - taking advantage of people who believe their local station is more credible than networks.

thats not something CNN would do.....
    Wrong. CNN invites criticism.

Sinclair owns the stations and wanted their viewers to know what their policy was
    But they didn't want them to know that Sinclair dictates content and requires them to pretend it is from their own local staff.

and whose opinion do pinheads go to...?
    CNN of course, the fake news network that had to retract fake articles in the past .....
    CNN is not fake news.

In a company statement, Sinclair said Monday that the announcements “were responding to the public’s distrust in news generally” and that “the promos served no political agenda, and represented nothing more than an effort to differentiate our award-winning news programming from other, less reliable sources of information.”
    Just like a con-man, they want to first establish trust. People need to understand the owners of Sinclair are biased and heavily pro-Trump. The Sinclair network is like Trump Mouthpiece Network.

“We aren’t sure of the motivation for the criticism,
    A lie. They know exactly why they were criticized. They are hoping you won't want to learn why.

but find it curious that we would be attacked for asking our news people to remind their audiences that unsubstantiated stories exist on social media, which result in an ill-informed public with potentially dangerous consequences,” Livingston said in the statement. “It is ironic that we would be attacked for messages promoting our journalistic initiative for fair and objective reporting, and for specifically asking the public to hold our newsrooms accountable. Our local stations keep our audiences’ trust by staying focused on fact-based reporting and clearly identifying commentary.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.838c26537f6a
    And how many of those local newsrooms have experienced lay offs and staff cut-backs because so much of the broadcast content actually comes from one centralized source?

Also, notice how they did not claim that CNN was fake news? They probably broadcast pundits who say or show clips of Trump calling CNN fake news, but they do not maintain that as a network position? Looks to me like Sinclair is far more biased than CNN.

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    We can no longer trust the local news. Local news anchors are being handed something called a 'forced read' and being told they must say it on air, and act like it is their own opinion, or else they get fired. The local news has been sold out to national interests which are taking sides in political reporting.

The FCC has completely shirked it's duty and function to prevent a broadcasting and media monopoly.

Sinclair has been allowed to own too many news outlets, and uses them in a partisan way.

"On local news stations across the United States last month, dozens of anchors gave the same speech to their combined millions of viewers.

It included a warning about fake news, a promise to report fairly and accurately and a request that viewers go to the station’s website and comment “if you believe our coverage is unfair.”

It may not have seemed strange to individual viewers. But Timothy Burke, the video director at Deadspin, had read a report last month from CNN, which quoted local station anchors who were uncomfortable with the speech.

Mr. Burke tracked down the stations and found when each had aired what he called a “forced read.”

Then he stitched together the various broadcasts to create a supercut of anchors eerily echoing the same lines:

“The sharing of biased and false news has become all too common on social media.”

“Some members of the media use their platforms to push their own personal bias.”

New York Times
    I really think Murdock and fox are in big trouble

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

I occasionally flip to Fox News to just see how far our realities are apart ... and it's amazing
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,613 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

wow. the left is crying about the indoctrination going on.

why? because it isn't them doing it.

I really hate you fuckers

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

New York Times

Clinton deregulated the FCC, this is where it leads. 50 some odd companies in the US media space in the 1980s, 6 multinational corporations now; nothing but corporate state propaganda and perceptual reality management. You're being sold another (at least 1 more) bogus unfounded war even as we type.

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Hello NOVA,

The propaganda part is that it was represented as a question coming from the local anchor but in reality it was not at all the view of the local anchor. Anchors were told to read this statement word for word, pretend it was their own message or the message of the local station, only it wasn't. It was an attempt to gain the confidence of viewers under false pretenses.
    There was no question in the report...
    It wasn't presented as coming from Sinclair or the local reporter, It wasn't specified at all.......and it don't matter....they didn't pretend anything like your claiming....

Except it wasn't their own coverage. It is a network pretending over and over to be a local station - taking advantage of people who believe their local station is more credible than networks.
    They asked the listeners to contact their stations website to give complains and opinions...obviously about the content of the station they were listening to...

But they didn't want them to know that Sinclair dictates content and requires them to pretend it is from their own local staff.
    Again, your claim is nonsense....there is no indication that Sinclair 'dictates content' or have their reporters pretend anything .... news is news whether its local or national....

CNN is not fake news.
    CNN was been forced to makes corrections a few times in the past....why?...because their news was incorrect and unvirified....in others words, "fake"

Just like a con-man, they want to first establish trust. People need to understand the owners of Sinclair are biased and heavily pro-Trump. The Sinclair network is like Trump Mouthpiece Network.
    I don't personally know about their content but even if its as you claim, its no different than MSNBC or CNN being totally a mouthpiece of the left (Democrat liberals)

A lie. They know exactly why they were criticized. They are hoping you won't want to learn why.
    They were criticized for warning listeners that fake and slanted news exists and to complain to their station if they feel that way about what they hear on their local station...
    Sounds more like a Civil service announcement to me.....

And how many of those local newsrooms have experienced lay offs and staff cut-backs because so much of the broadcast content actually comes from one centralized source?
    Irrelevant....

Also, notice how they did not claim that CNN was fake news? They probably broadcast pundits who say or show clips of Trump calling CNN fake news, but they do not maintain that as a network position? Looks to me like Sinclair is far more biased than CNN.
    No, they didn't....I DID...they said absolutely nothing political at all....left or right, liberal or conservative....nothing at all.....
    and Trump calling CNN fake news has been aired on EVERY news station several times for months....
    looks like Sinclair is far more civic minded than many other stations.....
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.