Thread: I'm a silk merchant joining political discussions

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default I'm a silk merchant joining political discussions

I'm a silk merchant. I've been working on building and growing a silk business. Today is my day off and I wanted to read and post about politics.
    These day's the US market is getting pretty hard. With the Chinese offering factory retail through Amazon, our businesses are starting to feel the burn of economic arbitration.
    It's hard work to get a business up in the USA, I've had to jump through so many hoops and have many more to jump through.

Anyhow, It's good to meet you all.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tofit For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (04-03-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

Don't fuck up.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Interesting. Have fun, follow the rules.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello tofit,

Welcome to the fray. A fairly untamed bunch here. I hope you can tolerate all the trash talk and find some of the genuine political discussions.

I don't know why you chose to talk about your work. I can't imagine why anybody would want to put their personal info out on the internet. I suppose it doesn't hurt your business to do networking.

Good luck here. I hope this place is not too rough for you. There is as much talk about one another as there is about politics. Lotta small minds here.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (04-03-2018)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tofit View Post
    I'm a silk merchant. I've been working on building and growing a silk business. Today is my day off and I wanted to read and post about politics.
    These day's the US market is getting pretty hard. With the Chinese offering factory retail through Amazon, our businesses are starting to feel the burn of economic arbitration.
    It's hard work to get a business up in the USA, I've had to jump through so many hoops and have many more to jump through.

Anyhow, It's good to meet you all.
    Hi Silk. Welcome to JPP. Maybe Amazon is the problem with your business model since they have a near monopoly In online retail distribution?
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!