Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Trump: I will eliminate the National Debt in 8 years. He increased it by $2 Trillion.

1. #211 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldvoTrumpovich View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. The only way to reduce the National Debt is to reduce spending and that would involve restructuring Social Security and Medicare, the two biggest burdens on the National Debt. Entitlements are a small part but they certainly wouldn't "crash the economy". Still, the entitlements should be reigned in and limited to only those who actually need them. And they should have a cap on them so as to not allow people to become dependent on welfare for a lifetime. It's not fair to the American taxpayer that these entitlement programs are not run more efficiently and with less waste.
    SS should be means tested as well as get rid of the $118,000 limit. It's crazy that billionaires only pay into FICA what someone who makes $118,000 pays. People are living longer so the SS age should be raised as well. A task force should be installed that would go after Medicare cheats. Medicare is responsible for billions of dollars of fraud, waste and abuse. It's unfair to the American taxpayers that these two programs, the two biggest draws on the debt, are the two most mismanaged, wasteful and fraudulent programs. No politician has the balls to fix them.
    Do you really believe taxing the rich will solve the problem. Do you really have that much faith in the government? I don't. The more they tax, the more they spend. It will fix nothing. The last thing you want to do is take money out of the capitalist engine and throw it down the deep, dark hole in Washington never to be seen again. That's what will crash the economy.
    Those "entitlements" are virtually all spent. Eliminating them would be, almost diollar for dollar, reducing consumer spending, thus reducing economic activity. Taxing the rich more would have almost zero effect on consumer spending, since they'd still have more than everyone else. SS and Medicare are largely funded by specific taxes, and don't have much effect on the debt. SS, in particular, has been loaning money to the government for decades. It would be good to go after all fraud and waste in government spending, but even if we could eliminate all of it, it would make almost no difference. As far as Medicare goes, what we really need is Medicare for all. We are the only developed nation rhat doesn't have some form of single payer health insurance, and it shows in our general level of health and our life expectancy, as compared to other developed nations.
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rjhenn For This Post:

Frank Apisa (04-18-2018)

3. #212 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    you are a fascist

you hate dissent just like all fascists

You love lies.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

4. #213 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    Actually, and independent is often someone who lacks the initiative to take a stand.
    Yet another redneck post. An independent is not a party sheep, slavishly following party dogma.

5. #214 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

A liberal starting a thread concerning worry about the deficit is my morning laugh,
    thank you, my coffee tastes so much better.
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

6. #215 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Another left wing talking point I've heard countless times. You're pretty good at parroting the radical left wing drivel. Mad Cow, Stewart and Cooper must love having you as their minion.

An independent is typically someone who's afraid to take a stand. They almost always vote for the candidate with the (D) after his/her name but are ashamed to admit it.
    Being an independent is, in and of itself, taking a stand. Consistently voting for one party is refusing to take a stand, but simply doing what the party expects of you. IOW, being a sheep. As you are.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rjhenn For This Post:

Frank Apisa (04-18-2018)

8. #216 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,245 Times in 7,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    Being an independent is, in and of itself, taking a stand. Consistently voting for one party is refusing to take a stand, but simply doing what the party expects of you. IOW, being a sheep. As you are.
    That requires a repeat:

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

rjhenn (04-18-2018)

10. #217 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

All liberals are.
    And another.

11. #218 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    A liberal starting a thread concerning worry about the deficit is my morning laugh,
    thank you, my coffee tastes so much better.
    You voted to balloon the deficit.

12. #219 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I notice that you've had to resort to banning me from your threads to avoid getting your ass kicked again.
    You're probably banned because you refuse to, or are completely unable to, contribute anything except redneck ad hominems and fantasies about kicking ass.

13. #220 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

All liberals are.
    Nope, you're proving to be a "wimpy little fuck", with your redneck braggadocio, and nothing else.

14. #221 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,364 Times in 6,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Those "entitlements" are virtually all spent. Eliminating them would be, almost diollar for dollar, reducing consumer spending, thus reducing economic activity. Taxing the rich more would have almost zero effect on consumer spending, since they'd still have more than everyone else. SS and Medicare are largely funded by specific taxes, and don't have much effect on the debt. SS, in particular, has been loaning money to the government for decades. It would be good to go after all fraud and waste in government spending, but even if we could eliminate all of it, it would make almost no difference. As far as Medicare goes, what we really need is Medicare for all. We are the only developed nation rhat doesn't have some form of single payer health insurance, and it shows in our general level of health and our life expectancy, as compared to other developed nations.
    Where do you get that (bolded above)? Got any facts to back it up?

Medicare is already a huge drain on the budget because of its inefficiency and fraud and you want to expand it to all? Don't compare US to other countries and their healthcare systems. It's not apples-to-apples. If there's anything that would bankrupt the government and crash the US economy, it's Medicare for all.
    We're $20 trillion in debt, my friend. Can you wrap your mind around that? Does that not ring alarm bells in your head? The US economy is the one thing that all Americans are dependent on. The only entity that could bring it down is the US government.

Read this: http://"https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ex...d&t=hy&ia=web"
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

15. #222 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,598 Times in 4,276 Posts

Leftys don't get it. Saying it is the same thing as doing it. Trump has slashed the debt , The CBO is wrong. Trump and Fox are correct. Numbers fail when in meeting Trump and the right. It is what he says it is.

16. The Following User Groans At Nordberg For This Awful Post:

sear (04-18-2018)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Frank Apisa (04-18-2018)

18. #223 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 895 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 88 Times in 87 Posts

Trump: I will eliminate the National Debt in 8 years. He increased it by $2 Trillion.
    "I am going to take care of everybody. I don't care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody's gunna be taken care of much better than they're taken care of now." Candidate Trump 15/09/27 to CBS Scott Pelly

"You're going to have such great healthcare at a tiny fraction of the cost." candidate Trump 16/10/25 from campaign podium

“Nobody knew that healthcare could be so complicated.” President Trump
    "It should be obvious to anyone why conservatives and libertarians should be against Trump. He has no grounding in belief. No core philosophy. No morals. No loyalty. No curiosity. No empathy and no understanding. He demands personal loyalty and not loyalty to the nation. His only core belief is in his own superiority to everyone else. His only want is exercise more and more personal power." smb / purveyor of fact 18/03/18

19. The Following User Says Thank You to sear For This Post:

Frank Apisa (04-18-2018)

20. #224 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Nope, you're proving to be a "wimpy little fuck", with your redneck braggadocio, and nothing else.
    Oh look, the redneck thing again. Can you be specific on what leads you to this conclusion, bigot?

21. #225 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't consistently vote for one party. You fail again, bigot.