Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McMaster to Resign as National Security Adviser, and Will Be Replaced by John Bolton

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Cool McMaster to Resign as National Security Adviser, and Will Be Replaced by John Bolton

WASHINGTON — Lt. Gen. H. R. McMaster, the battle-tested Army officer tapped as President Trump’s national security adviser last year to stabilize a turbulent foreign policy operation, will resign and be replaced by John R. Bolton, a hard-line former United States ambassador to the United Nations, White House officials said Thursday.

General McMaster will retire from the military, the officials said. He has been discussing his departure with President Trump for several weeks, they said, but decided to speed up his departure, in part because questions about his status were casting a shadow over his conversations with foreign officials.

The officials also said that Mr. Trump wanted to fill out his national security team before his meeting with North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong-un. He replaced Secretary of State Rex W. Tillerson with the C.I.A. director, Mike Pompeo, last week.

Officials emphasized that General McMaster’s departure was a mutual decision and amicable, with none of the recrimination that marked Mr. Tillerson’s exit. They said it was not related to a leak on Tuesday of briefing materials for Mr. Trump’s phone call with President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia.

Read more: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/22/u...mp-bolton.html

New Clowns for the Circus
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump is insane. Look at his tweets.

There has been friction between Trump and McMaster. Last month, Trump upbraided McMaster after the general told a national security conference in Munich that there was “incontrovertible” evidence of Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

Trump tweeted that McMaster “forgot to say that the results of the 2016 election were not impacted or changed by the Russians and that the only Collusion was between Russia and Crooked H, the DNC and the Dems. Remember the Dirty Dossier, Uranium, Speeches, Emails and the Podesta Company!”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ton/425301002/

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

JOHN BOLTON is a son of a bitch. Men don't change their stripes. He was called a "serial abuser" to staffers over the years. (Probably with his first wife, but Republicans don't give a shit about those things).

Things just got worse.

PS And for a little 'flavor', Bolton was a swinger on the NY city circuit in the 70's. Hummm, maybe Trump and he know each other from years gone by.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Centerleftfl For This Post:

christiefan915 (03-22-2018), kudzu (03-22-2018)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Bolton is of course bad news- he's a neocon.
    I think what's happening here is some desire to change/work around the Iran nuke deal.
    Pompeo and Bolton are huge critic of the deal.

However considering the Russiaphobia infecting minds that should know better, Trump has had a steady hand in satisfying the Phobes, and still trying to keep any Putin talks fruitful by not going overboard with useless acrimony.
    Hopefully Bolton doesn't upset the apple cart- but Bolton is a bad actor

6. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

kudzu (03-22-2018)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Dear Sir:

I'm writing to urge you to consider blocking in committee the nomination of John Bolton as ambassador to the UN.

In the late summer of 1994, I worked as the subcontracted leader of a US AID project in Kyrgyzstan officially awarded to a HUB primary contractor. My own employer was Black, Manafort, Stone & Kelly, and I reported directly to Republican leader Charlie Black.

After months of incompetence, poor contract performance, inadequate in-country funding, and a general lack of interest or support in our work from the prime contractor, I was forced to make US AID officials aware of the prime contractor's poor performance.

I flew from Kyrgyzstan to Moscow to meet with other Black Manafort employees who were leading or subcontracted to other US AID projects. While there, I met with US AID officials and expressed my concerns about the project -- chief among them, the prime contractor's inability to keep enough cash in country to allow us to pay bills, which directly resulted in armed threats by Kyrgyz contractors to me and my staff.

Within hours of sending a letter to US AID officials outlining my concerns, I met John Bolton, whom the prime contractor hired as legal counsel to represent them to US AID. And, so, within hours of dispatching that letter, my hell began.

Mr. Bolton proceeded to chase me through the halls of a Russian hotel -- throwing things at me, shoving threatening letters under my door and, generally, behaving like a madman. For nearly two weeks, while I awaited fresh direction from my company and from US AID, John Bolton hounded me in such an appalling way that I eventually retreated to my hotel room and stayed there. Mr. Bolton, of course, then routinely visited me there to pound on the door and shout threats.

When US AID asked me to return to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan in advance of assuming leadership of a project in Kazakstan, I returned to my project to find that John Bolton had proceeded me by two days. Why? To meet with every other AID team leader as well as US foreign-service officials in Bishkek, claiming that I was under investigation for misuse of funds and likely was facing jail time. As US AID can confirm, nothing was further from the truth.

He indicated to key employees of or contractors to State that, based on his discussions with investigatory officials, I was headed for federal prison and, if they refused to cooperate with either him or the prime contractor's replacement team leader, they, too, would find themselves the subjects of federal investigation. As a further aside, he made unconscionable comments about my weight, my wardrobe and, with a couple of team leaders, my sexuality, hinting that I was a lesbian (for the record, I'm not).

When I resurfaced in Kyrgyzstan, I learned that he had done such a convincing job of smearing me that it took me weeks -- with the direct intervention of US AID officials -- to limit the damage. In fact, it was only US AID's appoinment of me as a project leader in Almaty, Kazakstan that largely put paid to the rumors Mr. Bolton maliciously circulated.

As a maligned whistleblower, I've learned firsthand the lengths Mr. Bolton will go to accomplish any goal he sets for himself. Truth flew out the window. Decency flew out the window. In his bid to smear me and promote the interests of his client, he went straight for the low road and stayed there.

John Bolton put me through hell -- and he did everything he could to intimidate, malign and threaten not just me, but anybody unwilling to go along with his version of events. His behavior back in 1994 wasn't just unforgivable, it was pathological.

I cannot believe that this is a man being seriously considered for any diplomatic position, let alone such a critical posting to the UN. Others you may call before your committee will be able to speak better to his stated dislike for and objection to stated UN goals. I write you to speak about the very character of the man.

It took me years to get over Mr. Bolton's actions in that Moscow hotel in 1994, his intensely personal attacks and his shocking attempts to malign my character.

I urge you from the bottom of my heart to use your ability to block Mr. Bolton's nomination in committee.

Respectfully yours,

Melody Townsel
    Dallas, TX 75208

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2005/4/15/106909/-

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

christiefan915 (03-22-2018)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

end USAID.. it's nothing more then a way to undermine governments we don't like

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,182 Times in 25,717 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    Dear Sir:

I'm writing to urge you to consider blocking in committee the nomination of John Bolton as ambassador to the UN.

In the late summer of 1994, I worked as the subcontracted leader of a US AID project in Kyrgyzstan officially awarded to a HUB primary contractor. My own employer was Black, Manafort, Stone & Kelly, and I reported directly to Republican leader Charlie Black.

After months of incompetence, poor contract performance, inadequate in-country funding, and a general lack of interest or support in our work from the prime contractor, I was forced to make US AID officials aware of the prime contractor's poor performance.

I flew from Kyrgyzstan to Moscow to meet with other Black Manafort employees who were leading or subcontracted to other US AID projects. While there, I met with US AID officials and expressed my concerns about the project -- chief among them, the prime contractor's inability to keep enough cash in country to allow us to pay bills, which directly resulted in armed threats by Kyrgyz contractors to me and my staff.

Within hours of sending a letter to US AID officials outlining my concerns, I met John Bolton, whom the prime contractor hired as legal counsel to represent them to US AID. And, so, within hours of dispatching that letter, my hell began.

Mr. Bolton proceeded to chase me through the halls of a Russian hotel -- throwing things at me, shoving threatening letters under my door and, generally, behaving like a madman. For nearly two weeks, while I awaited fresh direction from my company and from US AID, John Bolton hounded me in such an appalling way that I eventually retreated to my hotel room and stayed there. Mr. Bolton, of course, then routinely visited me there to pound on the door and shout threats.

When US AID asked me to return to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan in advance of assuming leadership of a project in Kazakstan, I returned to my project to find that John Bolton had proceeded me by two days. Why? To meet with every other AID team leader as well as US foreign-service officials in Bishkek, claiming that I was under investigation for misuse of funds and likely was facing jail time. As US AID can confirm, nothing was further from the truth.

He indicated to key employees of or contractors to State that, based on his discussions with investigatory officials, I was headed for federal prison and, if they refused to cooperate with either him or the prime contractor's replacement team leader, they, too, would find themselves the subjects of federal investigation. As a further aside, he made unconscionable comments about my weight, my wardrobe and, with a couple of team leaders, my sexuality, hinting that I was a lesbian (for the record, I'm not).

When I resurfaced in Kyrgyzstan, I learned that he had done such a convincing job of smearing me that it took me weeks -- with the direct intervention of US AID officials -- to limit the damage. In fact, it was only US AID's appoinment of me as a project leader in Almaty, Kazakstan that largely put paid to the rumors Mr. Bolton maliciously circulated.

As a maligned whistleblower, I've learned firsthand the lengths Mr. Bolton will go to accomplish any goal he sets for himself. Truth flew out the window. Decency flew out the window. In his bid to smear me and promote the interests of his client, he went straight for the low road and stayed there.

John Bolton put me through hell -- and he did everything he could to intimidate, malign and threaten not just me, but anybody unwilling to go along with his version of events. His behavior back in 1994 wasn't just unforgivable, it was pathological.

I cannot believe that this is a man being seriously considered for any diplomatic position, let alone such a critical posting to the UN. Others you may call before your committee will be able to speak better to his stated dislike for and objection to stated UN goals. I write you to speak about the very character of the man.

It took me years to get over Mr. Bolton's actions in that Moscow hotel in 1994, his intensely personal attacks and his shocking attempts to malign my character.

I urge you from the bottom of my heart to use your ability to block Mr. Bolton's nomination in committee.

Respectfully yours,

Melody Townsel
    Dallas, TX 75208

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2005/4/15/106909/-
    What a piece of crap he is. No wonder trump picked him.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

11. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Cypress (03-22-2018)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, there had to be something to displace the news about Trump being warned not to congratulate Putin on his sham election. The President was furious about that. Why, it made him look stupid. Not that he needs any help. He wasn't furious that he didn't even bother to read the warning, but that it got leaked out that he didn't do it.

And what's the difference? Even if his staff is efficient and functional, or if they are a bunch of yes men, if he's not going to listen to them what's the difference? Same end result. Lousy leadership.

We need to get rid of this guy as soon as we can.

He's making us look bad.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post

He’s perfect ... this is all on Doand ... won’t be able to blame Hillary, Bill or Barack on this collosel Fuck Wad.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Exactly... Trump is certain of Bolton's loyalty.

Trump needs to go..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Well, there had to be something to displace the news about Trump being warned not to congratulate Putin on his sham election. The President was furious about that. Why, it made him look stupid. Not that he needs any help. He wasn't furious that he didn't even bother to read the warning, but that it got leaked out that he didn't do it.

And what's the difference? Even if his staff is efficient and functional, or if they are a bunch of yes men, if he's not going to listen to them what's the difference? Same end result. Lousy leadership.

He's making us look bad.

Never Fear: Mueller Friday is just hours away.

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He's making us look bad.
    Trump is stupid... nobody has to make him look stupid.

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    He’s perfect ... this is all on Doand ... won’t be able to blame Hillary, Bill or Barack on this collosel Fuck Wad.
    This is true. But I won't be surprised if trump manages to work in a dig about somebody!

― Charles Dickens

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

He's making us look bad.
    He is stupid. He's congratulating a man who won a rigged election. What a farce.

― Charles Dickens

21. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

kudzu (03-22-2018)

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This is true. But I won't be surprised if trump manages to work in a dig about somebody!

Liberals need their nose rubbed in it, to get their ass out and Vote next time ... this should do it.