Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What has the right wing become.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,774 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    What is amazing is how Trump took over the Republican party with ease. They Repubs did not put up a fight. They caved after many criticized him during the primaries pointing out that he is unqualified and dangerous. Trump imperils the whole concept of America, like the separation off powers to the understanding of diplomacy. His wreckage will haunt us for a long time.

I think many congressional Republicans know he's a wrong 'un, but the only ones who speak out are those who plan not to run again. The rest have caved in or even actively help him like the obnoxious Nunes. What that says about their character is disturbing.

If he gets enough time he may succeed in corrupting political discourse, making people as indifferent to truth as he is himself. That could be his worst legacy.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    I think many congressional Republicans know he's a wrong 'un, but the only ones who speak out are those who plan not to run again. The rest have caved in or even actively help him like the obnoxious Nunes. What that says about their character is disturbing.

If he gets enough time he may succeed in corrupting political discourse, making people as indifferent to truth as he is himself. That could be his worst legacy.
    It's pretty simple. People in Congress like to get re-elected. If their district supports Trump and having to pretend to support him (even if they don't) is what it takes to get re-elected then that's what most will do. It's why Congress always gets such a low rating because it happens on both sides of the isle.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Funny thread. Thanks for the laughs

4. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.3 For This Post:

Truth Detector (03-22-2018)

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,242 Times in 7,657 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post

Actually, Mitch McConnell...put a major shot across the Trump bow with his comments yesterday.

I think more and more Republicans are getting tired of carrying water for this abomination.

I think they may well kick him to the ground.

In fact...I'm looking forward to it.

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 130 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    its funny that you don't see that coming from you lefties as well. Us Libertarians are laughing at your hypocrisy.
    Libertarians are nothing but Anarchist for the wealthy, they belong to the hate party, Scum bags party.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jbander For This Post:

Frank Apisa (03-22-2018)

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by jbander View Post
    Libertarians are nothing but Anarchist for the wealthy, they belong to the hate party, Scum bags party.
    That's some impressive ignorance. No one has fought longer to end the drug war and militarization of the police than libertarians. But big government types such as yourself are afraid to walk out the door in the morning huh?

9. The Following User Groans At cawacko For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (03-22-2018)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Truth Detector (03-22-2018)

11. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,755 Times in 4,505 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    It's pretty simple. People in Congress like to get re-elected. If their district supports Trump and having to pretend to support him (even if they don't) is what it takes to get re-elected then that's what most will do. It's why Congress always gets such a low rating because it happens on both sides of the isle.
    I think many of the Republicans are concerned about losing their seats and/or losing control of the House. The special elections and generic ballot polls have them worried. Trump ran ahead of only 24 of 241 Republican House winners. But, most mid-term voters are not voting based on presidential performance but for party or incumbent.

12. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,628 Times in 9,296 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    A VERY long time. Institutions like the FBI will be feeling this decades from now.
    Trump is trying to turn the FBI into his Gestapo!

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That's some impressive ignorance. No one has fought longer to end the drug war and militarization of the police than libertarians. But big government types such as yourself are afraid to walk out the door in the morning huh?
    Interesting, how you percieve yourself, I wouldn't describe you that way. I always believe in going impressive with my ignorance. I really do get a kick out of the part about me wanting bigger government. Where do you get this stuff big guy?

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mason View Post
    Trump is trying to turn the FBI into his Gestapo!
    What type of person sells out their countries future to support the biggest pile of shit that has ever walked even near the white house. I see them straight out as traitors. In the worst way, literally selling out their country to apiece their hatre of all things. Doesn't get much uglier then that, They have to go, all of them. Then I want them chipped and watched for the rest of their lives so they don't get another chance at destroying this country.

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

These people are so full of hate that they would sell out this country so they can continue to express their hatred of just about everything, as they wave a flag over the top of it and talk about god.
    There has always been a group like this in this country but this well groomed group of the right had enough numbers to elect this hate monster. What says it all to me is that they are still supporting this piece of crap even when he is by all indications owned by Putin and the Russians and is more of a dictator then a President and is so far from the teaching of Jesus
    How hypocritical and fake are these evangelicals , that were needed to elect this pagan, this anti Christ and what are their ministers that stood in front of their flock and told them to vote for this trash.
    What has this country become. Will we get it back to where we help the needy, don't sell hate messages about immigrants, don't attack our government and our courts and media and every criminal watch dog in this country has. From any voice that won't support this mad man. How does this crap get a following in this country.
    I don't know who you are kidding. We, as a nation, have NEVER helped the needy. we have always had movements that hate immigrants. We have always had a love/hate relationship with government. The media has always been the butt end of politicians and businessmen. We have even had nutjobs as President before and survived.

Don't get me wrong. I would love it if respected the media. If we supported the needy. If we embraced immigrants. If we took government seriously and we didn't have a nutjob as President. But I also live in the real world.

16. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by smb View Post
    I don't know who you are kidding. We, as a nation, have NEVER helped the needy. we have always had movements that hate immigrants. We have always had a love/hate relationship with government. The media has always been the butt end of politicians and businessmen. We have even had nutjobs as President before and survived.

Don't get me wrong. I would love it if respected the media. If we supported the needy. If we embraced immigrants. If we took government seriously and we didn't have a nutjob as President. But I also live in the real world.
    How would you define, or envision, us taking the government seriously?

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,242 Times in 7,657 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

How would you define, or envision, us taking the government seriously?
    We, the people...ARE the government.

We have got to get away from the mindset that "the government" is the enemy...or that "the government" is part of the problem and not a part of the solution.

Governments are essential to society. Governments are instituted by us...and derive their powers from our consent.

We have to agree to be governed...or we devolve into anarchy and chaos.

18. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

These people are so full of hate that they would sell out this country so they can continue to express their hatred of just about everything, as they wave a flag over the top of it and talk about god.
    There has always been a group like this in this country but this well groomed group of the right had enough numbers to elect this hate monster. What says it all to me is that they are still supporting this piece of crap even when he is by all indications owned by Putin and the Russians and is more of a dictator then a President and is so far from the teaching of Jesus
    How hypocritical and fake are these evangelicals , that were needed to elect this pagan, this anti Christ and what are their ministers that stood in front of their flock and told them to vote for this trash.
    What has this country become. Will we get it back to where we help the needy, don't sell hate messages about immigrants, don't attack our government and our courts and media and every criminal watch dog in this country has. From any voice that won't support this mad man. How does this crap get a following in this country.

The Right hasn't become anything that wasn't already known ... it's just now undeniably out in the open.
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

19. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by smb View Post

This I would like to hear about, tell us the other president that was the nut job scum bag is. This country has approached the needs of the needy in a totally respectable manner as far as I'm concerned, until now. Now we have a hate party taking from the poor to give to the rich. The only comparison I can think of now would be the total failure of Reagan with his goofball Reaganomics and tax law,