Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: About Those Rural White Voters.Uh huh

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    I alway say, if you think it's ok, just say it to their face.
    That is true. You know colored people is a racial slur today. I think (or would hope) Althea and Owl would know better than to walk up to a group and refer to them as colored people (even if they are ok using it on here)

P.O.C. is an interesting one because it is often used by P.O.C. yet a certain subset finds it offensive.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    That is true. But you know colored people is a racial slur. I think (or would hope) Althea and Owl would know better than to walk up to a group and refer to them as colored people (even if they are ok using it on here)

P.O.C. is an interesting one because it is often used by P.O.C. yet a certain subset finds it offensive.

It doesn't bother me, only dates that person saying it.
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,789 Times in 17,242 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    I read the link with an open mind, and noticed there were assertions made with absolutely no corroborating data or evidence, or any description of the methodology used. Just assertions that rural white Americans are a bunch of racist, bigoted homophobes.
    It is a compilation of 8 years of interviews. They published their findings. You would have to compile evidence by accumulating countering interviews to prove bias. Have at it.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    It is a compilation of 8 years of interviews. They published their findings. You would have to compile evidence by accumulating countering interviews to prove bias. Have at it.
    I'm not trying to prove bias. I'm pointing out that the article cited contains a bunch of conclusions with no description of how the author at arrived at those conclusions. Basically just "I interviewed a bunch of small town hicks and determined that they are mad at the government ". Therefore I dismiss it as having no merit.

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I still point to Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance for a real view of small poor rural white America. There's a reason it was a best seller and why he was such a desired guest during the election season.

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,005 Times in 14,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

It doesn't bother me, only dates that person saying it.
    When addressing racists, it helps to use their lingo. I thought the sarcasm was evident
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    When addressing racists, it helps to use their lingo. I thought the sarcasm was evident
    That's some interesting spin.

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,288 Times in 10,487 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,908 Times in 4,224 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    It's myth, division creation by the democrat party to gin up votes. Racism while a serious issue has been diliuted by political hats using it as a bat against people.
    Ruh roh! Did I already place you in the Illiterate Dumbfuck Club?

If not, welcome to that club, illiterate dumbfuck.

9. The Following User Groans At domer76 For This Awful Post:

Underdog (03-23-2018)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

Bourbon (03-23-2018), ThatOwlWoman (03-27-2018)

11. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Ruh roh! Did I already place you in the Illiterate Dumbfuck Club?

If not, welcome to that club, illiterate dumbfuck.

:lol:

your little poutrage here is palpable.

Tell me, when you can't address a post, is it common for you to screech "yer a dumb fuck" and run away, kid?

Democrats relish racial divide, it's thier power base. It's sad because there is a very real issue of racism in this country that we all should deal with. but sniveling little cunts like you are too busy calling anyone not a far left loon a nazi to do anything about it.

12. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,288 Times in 10,487 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,908 Times in 4,224 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    :lol:

your little poutrage here is palpable.

Tell me, when you can't address a post, is it common for you to screech "yer a dumb fuck" and run away, kid?

Democrats relish racial divide, it's thier power base. It's sad because there is a very real issue of racism in this country that we all should deal with. but sniveling little cunts like you are too busy calling anyone not a far left loon a nazi to do anything about it.
    Naw, I don’t run away, twatwaddle. And I didn’t call you a Nazi, did I, bitch? I merely identified you as an illiterate dumbfuck.

And, an illiterate dumbfuck you will always be.

13. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Told you …

Interesting how nobody ever goes and studies rural BLACK folk..it’s like they don’t exist.

A Princeton sociologist spent 8 years asking rural Americans why they’re so pissed off

Hint: it’s not about the economy.

Robert Wuthnow, a sociologist at Princeton University, spent eight years interviewing Americans in small towns across the country. He had one goal: to understand why rural America is so angry with Washington.

So I decided to speak with Wuthnow about what he learned and whether fears about America’s “moral decline” are really just a cover for much deeper fears about race and demographic changes.

In the book, you argue that the anger we’re seeing in rural America is less about economic concerns and more about the perception that Washington is threatening the way of life in small towns. How, specifically, is Washington doing this?

Robert Wuthnow
    I’m not sure that Washington is doing anything to harm these communities. To be honest, a lot of it is just scapegoating. And that’s why you see more xenophobia and racism in these communities. There’s a sense that things are going badly, and the impulse is to blame “others.”

https://3chicspolitico.com/2018/03/2...voters-uh-huh/

Lol! Hint. It ain't the economy.
    I have been saying this for years.

He could have just asked me.

14. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Told you …

Interesting how nobody ever goes and studies rural BLACK folk..it’s like they don’t exist.

A Princeton sociologist spent 8 years asking rural Americans why they’re so pissed off

Hint: it’s not about the economy.

Robert Wuthnow, a sociologist at Princeton University, spent eight years interviewing Americans in small towns across the country. He had one goal: to understand why rural America is so angry with Washington.

So I decided to speak with Wuthnow about what he learned and whether fears about America’s “moral decline” are really just a cover for much deeper fears about race and demographic changes.

In the book, you argue that the anger we’re seeing in rural America is less about economic concerns and more about the perception that Washington is threatening the way of life in small towns. How, specifically, is Washington doing this?

Robert Wuthnow
    I’m not sure that Washington is doing anything to harm these communities. To be honest, a lot of it is just scapegoating. And that’s why you see more xenophobia and racism in these communities. There’s a sense that things are going badly, and the impulse is to blame “others.”

https://3chicspolitico.com/2018/03/2...voters-uh-huh/

Lol! Hint. It ain't the economy.
    You ask why they don't study rural blacks. Not a rhetorical question, do you know what the economic divide is between rural and urban blacks? My other guess is rural blacks basically vote the same as urban blacks do. Urban and rural whites tend to vote differently, hence the interest

15. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Naw, I don’t run away, twatwaddle. And I didn’t call you a Nazi, did I, bitch? I merely identified you as an illiterate dumbfuck.

And, an illiterate dumbfuck you will always be.

You are a bit of a whiny cunt, aren't you? you run away by running your mouth at me without actually addressing anything topical. to simply call someone a "dumbfuck" without adding anything of intelligence doesn't make you look smart.

You do realize this right?

16. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    You ask why they don't study rural blacks. Not a rhetorical question, do you know what the economic divide is between rural and urban blacks? My other guess is rural blacks basically vote the same as urban blacks do. Urban and rural whites tend to vote differently, hence the interest

Stop Guessing ... you're not good at it.
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

17. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Stop Guessing ... you're not good at it.
    Fair enough, I'm not good a lot of things. What do you believe the reason is?

Edit: It is a fact that urban coastal whites are better educated and more economically successful than rural whites.