Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lt. Col. Ralph Peters says he's 'ashamed' of Fox News and leaves his role as analyst

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,405 Times in 53,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    Why would you return money you earned?
    I think it would depend on the circumstances. In this case it would have been an honorable thing, but I don't think less of this guy if he didn't.

I wonder how the network spun this to the viewers? Mostly likely they just pretended he never worked there and no one said a word about his departure and the aftermath.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Women have never been drafted.. and we don't have a draft now. Are you an invalid?
    Didn't mention the draft, cunt. Can't you read? Your last two posts have you mentioning two things I didn't say.

Why don't you want women having to do what men have to do, hypocrite?

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

My God.. Peters knows Russia unlike Trumpie.

Colonel Peters spent more than two decades in the Army, eventually specializing in Russian intelligence.

I think we have reach a point in Trump's America where were seek out and celebrate incompetence.
    It sin't matter his experience, he's a consistent advocate for confrontationalism
    We got plenty of 2 bit experienced Intel officials who run around wanting confrontation - it's a worthless posture and dangerous as well

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I think it would depend on the circumstances. In this case it would have been an honorable thing, but I don't think less of this guy if he didn't.

I wonder how the network spun this to the viewers? Mostly likely they just pretended he never worked there and no one said a word about his departure and the aftermath.
    They gushed about liking him. Its in the cut and paste.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (03-21-2018)

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,364 Times in 6,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

My God.. Peters knows Russia unlike Trumpie.

Colonel Peters spent more than two decades in the Army, eventually specializing in Russian intelligence.

I think we have reach a point in Trump's America where were seek out and celebrate incompetence.
    Anatta's just parroting the right wing damage control talking points. She doesn't know squat about Colonel Peters. She's just a FoxNews sycophant.
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

kudzu (03-21-2018)

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldvoTrumpovich View Post
    Anatta's just parroting the right wing damage control talking points. She doesn't know squat about Colonel Peters. She's just a FoxNews sycophant.
    The Russian are hacking US power grids.

Russian Hackers Attacking U.S. Power Grid and Aviation, FBI Warns ...

https://www.bloomberg.com/.../russia...-aviation-fbi-...

6 days ago - Russian hackers are conducting a broad assault on the U.S. electric grid, water processing plants, air transportation facilities and other targets in rolling attacks on some of the country's most sensitive infrastructure, U.S. government officials said Thursday.

U.S. says Russian hackers targeted American energy grid - POLITICO
    https://www.politico.com/story/.../d...gy-grid-813745
    6 days ago - Russian hackers attempted to access the grid and other industries primarily to spy and collect information, according to an alert.

Cyberattacks Put Russian Fingers on the Switch at Power Plants, U.S. ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/15/u...erattacks.html

6 days ago - In the last year, Russian hackers have gone from infiltrating business networks of energy, water and nuclear plants to worming their way into control rooms. ... American officials and security firms, including Symantec and CrowdStrike, believe that Russian attacks on the Ukrainian power grid in 2015 and ...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (03-21-2018)

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I am not an ardent fan of Ralph Peters.. His Middle East map was patently stupid, but I do think he knows Russia and their threats to US power grids.

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Retired Lt. Col. Ralph Peters, a longtime analyst for Fox News, told colleagues he is done with the network he says has become "a propaganda machine" for President Trump.

Peters said in an email first reported Tuesday by BuzzFeed that he chose not to renew his contract as a paid contributor with Fox News on March 1 because he was "ashamed" of the network.

He said the 21st Century Fox-owned cable channel has gone from being a valuable conservative voice to "assaulting our constitutional order and the rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers."

Peters' comments directly targeted the network's opinions hosts — which include Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham — for their consistent attacks on special counsel Robert S. Mueller III's investigation into Russia's interference with the 2016 presidential election. Mueller is also looking into whether Trump obstructed justice when he fired James B. Comey from his post as FBI director.

"When prime-time hosts — who have never served our country in any capacity — dismiss facts and empirical reality to launch profoundly dishonest assaults on the FBI, the Justice Department, the courts, the intelligence community (in which I served) and, not least, a model public servant and genuine war hero such as Robert Mueller — all the while scaremongering with lurid warnings of 'deep-state' machinations — I cannot be part of the same organization, even at a remove," Peters wrote. "To me, Fox News is now wittingly harming our system of government for profit."

Peters' missive is the second time in a week Fox News' top-rated conservative opinion hosts have been subjected to internal criticism. While not nearly as harsh, Fox News anchor Shepard Smith said in an interview with Time magazine that some of the network's opinion programming "is there strictly to be entertaining," which led to some blowback from Hannity and Ingraham on social media. (Hannity called Smith "clueless" about the reporting done on his program).

But Peters' remarks are noteworthy because as a Fox News national security analyst for 10 years, he has been a foreign policy hawk who frequently criticized the Obama administration. He was once suspended from the network for a week in 2015 after an appearance on the Fox Business Network in which he used a vulgar term to describe former President Obama's fortitude in combating terrorism by Islamic extremists.

Peters' email notes that his condemnation of Fox News does not include the hard news reporters at the operation whom he called "talented professionals in a poisoned environment." He also excluded the Fox Business Network, "where numerous hosts retain a respect for facts and maintain a measure of integrity."

A Fox News representative did not comment on Peters' contract but defended its on-air talent.

"Ralph Peters is entitled to his opinion despite the fact that he's choosing to use it as a weapon in order to gain attention," the network said in a statement. "We are extremely proud of our top-rated prime-time hosts and all of our opinion programming."

http://www.latimes.com/business/holl...320-story.html
    -He was Democrat plant at FOX.
    -He probably wasn't a REAL colonel.
    -He was really a LEFTY who voted once for a Democrat.
    -His wife gave money to Hillary.
    -His daddy was George Soros.

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Retired Lt. Col. Ralph Peters, a longtime analyst for Fox News, told colleagues he is done with the network he says has become "a propaganda machine" for President Trump.

Peters said in an email first reported Tuesday by BuzzFeed that he chose not to renew his contract as a paid contributor with Fox News on March 1 because he was "ashamed" of the network.

He said the 21st Century Fox-owned cable channel has gone from being a valuable conservative voice to "assaulting our constitutional order and the rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers."

Peters' comments directly targeted the network's opinions hosts — which include Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham — for their consistent attacks on special counsel Robert S. Mueller III's investigation into Russia's interference with the 2016 presidential election. Mueller is also looking into whether Trump obstructed justice when he fired James B. Comey from his post as FBI director.

"When prime-time hosts — who have never served our country in any capacity — dismiss facts and empirical reality to launch profoundly dishonest assaults on the FBI, the Justice Department, the courts, the intelligence community (in which I served) and, not least, a model public servant and genuine war hero such as Robert Mueller — all the while scaremongering with lurid warnings of 'deep-state' machinations — I cannot be part of the same organization, even at a remove," Peters wrote. "To me, Fox News is now wittingly harming our system of government for profit."

Peters' missive is the second time in a week Fox News' top-rated conservative opinion hosts have been subjected to internal criticism. While not nearly as harsh, Fox News anchor Shepard Smith said in an interview with Time magazine that some of the network's opinion programming "is there strictly to be entertaining," which led to some blowback from Hannity and Ingraham on social media. (Hannity called Smith "clueless" about the reporting done on his program).

But Peters' remarks are noteworthy because as a Fox News national security analyst for 10 years, he has been a foreign policy hawk who frequently criticized the Obama administration. He was once suspended from the network for a week in 2015 after an appearance on the Fox Business Network in which he used a vulgar term to describe former President Obama's fortitude in combating terrorism by Islamic extremists.

Peters' email notes that his condemnation of Fox News does not include the hard news reporters at the operation whom he called "talented professionals in a poisoned environment." He also excluded the Fox Business Network, "where numerous hosts retain a respect for facts and maintain a measure of integrity."

A Fox News representative did not comment on Peters' contract but defended its on-air talent.

"Ralph Peters is entitled to his opinion despite the fact that he's choosing to use it as a weapon in order to gain attention," the network said in a statement. "We are extremely proud of our top-rated prime-time hosts and all of our opinion programming."

http://www.latimes.com/business/holl...320-story.html
    What took him so long. We all knew this 10 years ago.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

kudzu (03-21-2018)

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Where did I mention Vietnam? Not being drafted doesn't mean one can't serve.

Why aren't women subject to registering for selective service? I thought women wanted equality. Why aren't all those complaining they aren't being treated equally out pushing for women to have to do what men have had to do for years? That's right. Those pushing and pushing and pushing for equality are the type that want equal benefits just not equal responsibility.
    Because genius, the last time we had a draft, women were barely 'legal'people. We stopped drafting in 72. Women couldn't buy a house in their name alone, BARELY had been able to get credit cards and cars without co-signers. Couldn't choose their own last name. Were maybe 10 years into being able to get BIRTH CONTROL. And it was even before Roe v. Wade.

When we reinstitute the draft, that will be fully examined, I would assume all will register and I feel sure they will gladly serve.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Centerleftfl For This Post:

kudzu (03-21-2018)

16. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    Because genius, the last time we had a draft, women were barely 'legal'people. We stopped drafting in 72. Women couldn't buy a house in their name alone, BARELY had been able to get credit cards and cars without co-signers. Couldn't choose their own last name. Were maybe 10 years into being able to get BIRTH CONTROL. And it was even before Roe v. Wade.

When we reinstitute the draft, that will be fully examined, I would assume all will register and I feel sure they will gladly serve.
    You do know the selective service registration still goes on today don't you? It's 2018 and there is no excuse for women that want to be treated equally to have to do what men do in that area. Any opposition proves that women only want equality in benefits not responsibility.

17. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You do know the selective service registration still goes on today don't you? It's 2018 and there is no excuse for women that want to be treated equally to have to do what men do in that area. Any opposition proves that women only want equality in benefits not responsibility.
    Men don't HAVE to enlist either........

18. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Men don't HAVE to enlist either........
    I'm not talking about enlisting or the draft you stupid fucking cunt.

Are you aware that males still have to register with the selective service and females don't? There's a reason why you didn't have to. You're inferior to any male on this planet.

19. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm not talking about enlisting or the draft you stupid fucking cunt.

Are you aware that males still have to register with the selective service and females don't? There's a reason why you didn't have to. You're inferior to any male on this planet.
    You are alone, aren't you? Are you an invalid?

20. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You are alone, aren't you? Are you an invalid?
    Actually, your daughter is CUMing over tonight.