Members banned from this thread: cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Truth Detector, canceled.2021.1, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, CFM, Ralph, Eagle_Eye, countryboy, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, smb and BodyDouble

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Right Wing Propaganda Machine RWPM

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default The Right Wing Propaganda Machine RWPM

There exists a certain mindset in the USA which is not content with simply being well-informed and championing their own cause. Instead, they actually try to change the news to their favor. This involves spreading false and misleading headlines, sound bytes and stories. Usually about those who they wish to discredit. Fake news. It happens on both sides of the political spectrum, but there is far more of it on the right. I call this the:

Right Wing Propaganda Machine RWPM

This mindset can be found on conservative talk radio. It plays into listeners’ fears with real sounding reasons why good conservatives should think liberals are the worst kind of person in the world.
    Except it is a game.

The game goes like this: Say something provocative. Back it up with ‘evidence.’ Draw conclusions. Don’t worry about omitting important information, or vetting sources. Don’t worry about making things up. Pile on a lot of horrible sounding adjectives which are impossible to prove. The idea is to get the listeners - very - concerned about X.

Then hit ‘em with a commercial!

If you can do that, and do it well, then you can be a multi-millionaire.

"Indeed, on January 18th, the staff of Devin Nunes, the Republican chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, produced a report purporting to show that the real conspiracy revolved around Hillary Clinton. “The truth,” Nunes said, is that Clinton “colluded with the Russians to get dirt on Trump, to feed it to the F.B.I. to open up an investigation into the other campaign.” Glenn Kessler, who writes the nonpartisan Fact Checker blog at the Washington Post, awarded Nunes’s statement four Pinocchios—his rating for an outright lie. “There is no evidence that Clinton was involved in Steele’s reports or worked with Russian entities to feed information to Steele,” Kessler wrote.

[none of this was supported with any evidence]

Nonetheless, conservative talk-show hosts amplified Nunes’s message. On Fox News, Tucker Carlson denounced Steele as “an intense partisan with passionately left-wing views about American politics,” and said, inaccurately, that his “sloppy and reckless” research “appears to form the basis” of the entire Mueller investigation. Sean Hannity charged that Steele’s dossier was “claptrap” filled with “Russian lies” that were intended to poison “our own intelligence and law-enforcement network” against Trump. The editorial page of the Wall Street Journal accused Steele of turning the F.B.I. into “a tool of anti-Trump political actors.” Rush Limbaugh warned his radio listeners, “The battle is between people like us and the Deep State who are trying to keep hidden what they did.”"

Christopher Steele, the Man Behind the Trump Dossier: How the ex-spy tried to warn the world about Trump’s ties to Russia. By Jane Mayer

How about a different take on that?

"Steele was the President of the Cambridge Union at university, and was a career British intelligence officer with service in Moscow, Paris and Afghanistan prior to work as the head of the Russia desk at British intelligence HQS.

While in London he worked as the personal handler of Russian defector Alexander Litvinenko. He was a respected professional who had success in some of the most difficult intelligence environments.

He retired from SIS in 2009 and started Orbis Business Intelligence along with a former colleague. Prior to his work on the Russian dossier for Orbis, he was best known for his investigation of the world soccer association (FIFA), which provided direct support to the FBI’s successful corruption case.

Steele and Orbis were also known for assisting various European countries in understanding Russian efforts to meddle in their affairs.

Like any private firm, Orbis’s ability to remain in business relies on its track record of credibility. Success for Steele and his colleagues depends on his integrity, reliability, and the firm’s reputation for serious work. In this regard, Steele is putting his reputation and his company’s continued existence on the line with each report.

Yes, as with anyone operating in the murky world of intelligence, he could be duped. Nonetheless, his reputation for handling sensitive Russian espionage operations over the years suggests that he is security conscious and aware of Russian counterintelligence and disinformation efforts.

His willingness to share his work with professional investigative agencies such as the FBI and the British Security Service also suggest that he is comfortable opening his work to scrutiny, and is seen as a serious partner by the best in the business.

As one recently retired senior intelligence officer with deep experience in espionage investigations quipped, "I assign more credence to the Steele report knowing that the FBI paid him for his research. From my experience, there is nobody more miserly than the FBI. If they were willing to pay Mr. Steele, they must have seen something of real value." "

NewsWeek: What Exactly Does the Steele Dirty Russian Dossier on Trump Contain? By John Sipher

The RWPM absolutely - trashed- Steele's reputation with zero proof that he had anything to do with American politics. All of it nothing more than rumors. When we look deeper into it this guy, Steele is actually a very well respected good guy just doing a high specialized job.

One of the reasons American politics is *so* polarized is the RWPM.

Making money dividing America.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

There are no more news programs left, they are all propaganda at this point. Don't trust any of them, but study all of them. Be very careful listening to propaganda shows that tell you what you want to hear.

3. The Following User Groans At Evmetro For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (03-21-2018)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

The only thing you are missing is the fact that a lot of right wing demogogues are raking in millions preying on conservatives in need of scapegoats, you might say they are pimping hate to make a buck

5. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

kudzu (03-21-2018)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries

You're quite right about the Right-wing propaganda machine. It's designed to prevent the people from taking power for their interests.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig234 For This Post:

kudzu (03-21-2018)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

DUPLICATE
    Last edited by kudzu; 03-21-2018 at 01:19 AM.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This article is excellent.

"Christopher Steele, the Man Behind the Trump Dossier: How the ex-spy tried to warn the world about Trump’s ties to Russia. By Jane Mayer"

Meanwhile , Trump's newest lawyer thinks the FBI "framed" Trump.

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump Hires Lawyer Who Has Pushed Theory That Justice Dept ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/19/u...mp-lawyer.html

2 days ago - MANCHESTER, N.H. — President Trump hired the longtime Washington lawyer Joseph E. diGenova on Monday, adding an aggressive voice to his legal team who has pushed the theory on television that the F.B.I. and Justice Department framed Mr. Trump. Mr. diGenova, a former United States attorney, ...

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Evmetro,

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    There are no more news programs left, they are all propaganda at this point.
    I disagree. I trust the PBS News Hour. They have no for-profit agenda or restrictions. And BBC is pretty good too. As for the for-profit news programs, they are not 'all propaganda,' either. Yes, they are loaded with it, but it is not 'all propaganda.'

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    Don't trust any of them, but study all of them. Be very careful listening to propaganda shows that tell you what you want to hear.
    Wise advice. Chatting politics online has helped greatly in helping to recognize slanted material.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

kudzu (03-21-2018)

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello archives,

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    The only thing you are missing is the fact that a lot of right wing demogogues are raking in millions preying on conservatives in need of scapegoats, you might say they are pimping hate to make a buck
    So true! And deplorable.

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Craig234,

Quote Originally Posted by Craig234 View Post
    You're quite right about the Right-wing propaganda machine. It's designed to prevent the people from taking power for their interests.
    I believe the RWPM is a combination of profiteers and demagogues. Some are in it for the money, others for an agenda, some for both.

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello kudzu,

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    This article is excellent.

"Christopher Steele, the Man Behind the Trump Dossier: How the ex-spy tried to warn the world about Trump’s ties to Russia. By Jane Mayer"

Meanwhile , Trump's newest lawyer thinks the FBI "framed" Trump.
    I KNOW! Right? I just used snippets out of both of those articles, but if you take the time to read the entirety it is an education. A real wake-up call! Especially the Jane Mayer piece. I mean wow. She just spilled the beans about the whole enchilada.

It is tragic what the RWPM did to Steele.

I think they got that Russian contact poisoned by Putin's cronies.

McCain's advisor probably leaked the Steele dossier to the press. That was never intended. Steele feared greatly for the lives of his contacts should that dossier *ever* get out. He should have insisted to meet with McCain only. Of course hindsight is 20-20.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

kudzu (03-21-2018)

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello kudzu,

Trump Hires Lawyer Who Has Pushed Theory That Justice Dept ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/19/u...mp-lawyer.html

2 days ago - MANCHESTER, N.H. — President Trump hired the longtime Washington lawyer Joseph E. diGenova on Monday, adding an aggressive voice to his legal team who has pushed the theory on television that the F.B.I. and Justice Department framed Mr. Trump. Mr. diGenova, a former United States attorney, ...
    Trump is *so* dirty.

Now I need to read that article.

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello kudzu,

Trump is *so* dirty.

Now I need to read that article.
    He is dirty.. and Kushner is as well.......

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello kudzu,

He is dirty.. and Kushner is as well.......
    Yup! Don Jr, too.

That was a good article.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

kudzu (03-21-2018)

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello kudzu,

Yup! Don Jr, too.

That was a good article.

I am still surprised that so many amoral crooks are all in the Trump camp.