Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A right to not be shot......where is that at?

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,249 Times in 7,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    so slate is not a valid source for you?

http://media.ca11.uscourts.gov/opini...673.rehord.pdf
    No.

And the Supreme Court has not ruled on this yet...so even the 11th does not settle it.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    No.

And the Supreme Court has not ruled on this yet...so even the 11th does not settle it.
    the supreme court has reversed many appeals court rulings based upon similiar situations, the denial of qualified immunity over use of excessive force. that should settle it for you.

and in case it doesn't.....

http://blogs.findlaw.com/supreme_cou...-immunity.html
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

the supreme court has reversed many appeals court rulings based upon similiar situations, the denial of qualified immunity over use of excessive force. that should settle it for you.

and in case it doesn't.....

http://blogs.findlaw.com/supreme_cou...-immunity.html
    Smarter...if you want to assume you have no right not to be shot...fine with me.

I only hope I never get so tangled up in the kind of nonsense you allow yourself to become entangled in.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Smarter...if you want to assume you have no right not to be shot...fine with me.

I only hope I never get so tangled up in the kind of nonsense you allow yourself to become entangled in.
    its not me assuming it, it's the courts flat out telling you that.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

its not me assuming it, it's the courts flat out telling you that.
    Okay, you may be right.

IF YOU ARE...(something I am not yet convinced of)...with any kind of luck, our nation will one day be rid of the crud producing a society where one does not have such a right.

It'll take a while. I acknowledge that. Right now we are in a right-tilted political climate. But that disgusting political climate will change.

The myopic world of 1918...eventually gave way to the more enlightened age of the late 20th century. We look at the Jim Crow, anti-women's rights, backward thinking American conservatives of 1918 as trash we are well rid of. I expect that in 2118...they will look back at the troglodytes of today's American conservatism and wonder how supposedly intelligent humans could have thought as they do. And I am sure they will say, "We are well rid of that trash."

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Okay, you may be right.

IF YOU ARE...(something I am not yet convinced of)...with any kind of luck, our nation will one day be rid of the crud producing a society where one does not have such a right.

It'll take a while. I acknowledge that. Right now we are in a right-tilted political climate. But that disgusting political climate will change.

The myopic world of 1918...eventually gave way to the more enlightened age of the late 20th century. We look at the Jim Crow, anti-women's rights, backward thinking American conservatives of 1918 as trash we are well rid of. I expect that in 2118...they will look back at the troglodytes of today's American conservatism and wonder how supposedly intelligent humans could have thought as they do. And I am sure they will say, "We are well rid of that trash."
    while it's nice to see you try to paint this as a left/right paradigm of politics, these cases and decisions have been done by both dem and rep nominees......in other words, establishment statist judicial fucktards who are pro government. I certainly do hope that the day comes when we can sit back in comforting knowledge that the government can't shoot us in our homes just because, but that day is not here so until you can force the government to acknowledge that they have no right to shoot us, you can't force citizens to acknowledge that there's a right not to be shot.

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,630 Times in 11,620 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

read post 18 then
    Ok a whole lot of talk without one reference to the guiding directives used to make the ruling. Sorry sport you're goining to have to to better than that.

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
    Ok a whole lot of talk without one reference to the guiding directives used to make the ruling. Sorry sport you're goining to have to to better than that.
    court rulings aren't good enough for you? should I ask god for a directive? try post 32

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

court rulings aren't good enough for you? should I ask god for a directive? try post 32
    Not without knowing why they ruled the way they ruled. So unless you can produce verifiable data to support your position I will have to assume you are clueless on this subject.

Oh and your other example has nothing to do with the subject it applies to the 4th amendment.

"The Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution provides that "[t]he right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly ...

So Sorry!!!!!!!

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Not without knowing why they ruled the way they ruled. So unless you can produce verifiable data to support your position I will have to assume you are clueless on this subject.

Oh and your other example has nothing to do with the subject it applies to the 4th amendment.

"The Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution provides that "[t]he right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly ...

So Sorry!!!!!!!
    so sorry you're unable to accept federal court rulings on the subject. the board will just have to consider you a clueless idiot.

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,821 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 610 Times in 560 Posts

i've heard this many times over the last few years, so someone show where, exactly, this right exists.
    The unalienable right of "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." Being shot can take your "life." Being shot can take your "liberty." Being shot certainly will make you UN- "happy."
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    The unalienable right of "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." Being shot can take your "life." Being shot can take your "liberty." Being shot certainly will make you UN- "happy."
    take it up with the numerous courts and the US Supreme Court who have said there isn't one.

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

so sorry you're unable to accept federal court rulings on the subject. the board will just have to consider you a clueless idiot.
    Oh I am more than willing to accept documented cout cases. Unfortunately all you have produced is blogs and hearsay crap. If you are so sure you are right then you should have no problem citing documented court cases that supports your position.

I will close with this if you are so positive there is no right not to get shot then try shooting someone and see what happens.

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Oh I am more than willing to accept documented cout cases. Unfortunately all you have produced is blogs and hearsay crap. If you are so sure you are right then you should have no problem citing documented court cases that supports your position.

I will close with this if you are so positive there is no right not to get shot then try shooting someone and see what happens.
    read post 30 and 32 then

15. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,761 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    Those are not rights but just a philosophical statement in the Declaration. They have no legal standing.