Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Once you eliminate the impossible...

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,313 Times in 53,224 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Ugly Truth View Post
    It is impossible. The fundamental law of physics is the law of causality. Nothing can create itself. It's a scientific fact.
    Actually, it is not. I think that you are talking about the first law of thermodynamics which states that matter can neither be created nor destroyed. Have you taken any science courses at the university level? Maybe this analogy will help. Think of an atomic bomb warhead. It contains a shaped charge surrounding enriched plutonium (P-239). When the charge is triggered, it compresses the plutonium to a critical mass, which then causes the nuclear explosion. What happens to all the materials in that warhead? They're gone, right? Not exactly. Most of the material is converted into energy, therefore showing that the first law is valid.

As for the Universe, the Big Bang, and the first law:

"It really describes a very rapid expansion or stretching of space itself rather than an explosion in pre-existing space. Perhaps a better analogy sometimes used to describe the even expansion of galaxies throughout the universe is that of raisins baked in a cake becoming more distant from each other as the cake rises and expands, or alternatively of a balloon inflating.

"Neither does it attempt to explain what initiated the creation of the universe, or what came before the Big Bang, or even what lies outside the universe. All of this is generally considered to be outside the remit of physics, and more the concern of philosophy. Given that time and space as we understand it began with the Big Bang, the phase “before the Big Bang” is as meaningless as “north of the North Pole”.

"Therefore, to those who claim that the very idea of a Big Bang violates the First Law of Thermodynamics (also known as the Law of Conservation of Energy) that matter and energy cannot be created or destroyed, proponents respond that the Big Bang does not address the creation of the universe, only its evolution, and that, as the laws of science break down anyway as we approach the creation of the universe, there is no reason to believe that the First Law of Thermodynamics would apply."

( https://www.physicsoftheuniverse.com...s_bigbang.html )

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    I also wonder about the cave art of CANTABRIA, SPAIN created some 30,000 years ago by Ice age women and children.
    why do you wonder.......they are descendants of God's created, just like everyone else.....

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    Who created God?
    why do people think that question stops the discussion.......nobody created God you dimwitted atheist.......

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Link up.
    post #93.....

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don't know your answer to that question. That's why I ax'd.
    I'm pretty sure I answered it for you just last week........are you just an idiot or do you have a short memory.....

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Not to my satisfaction...
    fuck your satisfaction.......even if you are not satisfied, an eternal being has no beginning and therefore needs no creator.....

7. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Look it up yourself, you dumbfuck. You do know know how to use Google. Right?
    I disagree.....in the sentence "Domer is a dumbfuck" it is properly one word.......

8. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I think that's true.. Funny that Genesis doesn't mention the civilizations that existed 30-40,000 years ago.
    what do they gave to do with the message of God's salvation.......

9. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    what do they gave to do with the message of God's salvation.......
    So God had no interest in human kind until 5777 years ago when Adam and Eve appeared on the scene?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (03-18-2018)

11. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 58 Times in 51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    then stop starting threads claiming you've proven something that everyone knows can't be proved......
    Excuse me, but I used a scientific fact as my proof. Nothing physical can create itself. The physical universe exists. Therefore, it was created. Simple logic.

12. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 58 Times in 51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Actually, it is not. I think that you are talking about the first law of thermodynamics which states that matter can neither be created nor destroyed. Have you taken any science courses at the university level? Maybe this analogy will help. Think of an atomic bomb warhead. It contains a shaped charge surrounding enriched plutonium (P-239). When the charge is triggered, it compresses the plutonium to a critical mass, which then causes the nuclear explosion. What happens to all the materials in that warhead? They're gone, right? Not exactly. Most of the material is converted into energy, therefore showing that the first law is valid.

As for the Universe, the Big Bang, and the first law:

"It really describes a very rapid expansion or stretching of space itself rather than an explosion in pre-existing space. Perhaps a better analogy sometimes used to describe the even expansion of galaxies throughout the universe is that of raisins baked in a cake becoming more distant from each other as the cake rises and expands, or alternatively of a balloon inflating.

"Neither does it attempt to explain what initiated the creation of the universe, or what came before the Big Bang, or even what lies outside the universe. All of this is generally considered to be outside the remit of physics, and more the concern of philosophy. Given that time and space as we understand it began with the Big Bang, the phase “before the Big Bang” is as meaningless as “north of the North Pole”.

"Therefore, to those who claim that the very idea of a Big Bang violates the First Law of Thermodynamics (also known as the Law of Conservation of Energy) that matter and energy cannot be created or destroyed, proponents respond that the Big Bang does not address the creation of the universe, only its evolution, and that, as the laws of science break down anyway as we approach the creation of the universe, there is no reason to believe that the First Law of Thermodynamics would apply."

( https://www.physicsoftheuniverse.com...s_bigbang.html )
    Do you know what the law of causality is? That is what I'm talking about. It's pretty simple. Compare it to someone being their own father, or creating themselves from nothing. Everything has a cause. And there had to be a first cause for everything. Science does not allow an infinite regression of causes. One cause, that was not caused by anything, started everything. It's the only explanation that makes sense.

13. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Do you know what the law of causality is? That is what I'm talking about. It's pretty simple. Compare it to someone being their own father, or creating themselves from nothing. Everything has a cause. And there had to be a first cause for everything. Science does not allow an infinite regression of causes. One cause, that was not caused by anything, started everything. It's the only explanation that makes sense.
    Kindly name the scientific law that discusses this and if you want to provide a link (like I did, twice), that would be great too.

You seem to want to confuse science with philosophy/mythology. So let me ask you this. You state that you believe that nothing can exist without a creator. You stated that you believe that the Universe has a creator.

If your first postulate (nothing can exist without a creator) is true, then who created your creator?

14. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So God had no interest in human kind until 5777 years ago when Adam and Eve appeared on the scene?
    Well, the "real" God didn't. Those prior gods were fake news gods.

15. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

why are you making up numbers?.....

16. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Excuse me, but I used a scientific fact as my proof. Nothing physical can create itself. The physical universe exists. Therefore, it was created. Simple logic.
    this does not prove that God did it.....that is a matter only for faith.......