1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 326 Times in 306 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leonthecat View Post
    So is suspension.

Thanks for playing.
    His choice was in school suspension or to protest against the Constitution you fascist little piggy.

2. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,912 Times in 3,648 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,102 Times in 1,032 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseKek View Post
    His choice was in school suspension or to protest against the Constitution you fascist little piggy.
    Read the OP article, racist. There was an alternative study hall.

"so he stayed in class instead of joining the largely anti-gun protest or an alternative “study hall.”"
    We have the intellect to imagine the finality of our own demise but do not have the sophistication to overcome our survival instinct and accept it.
    Solution? Magical thinking and childish promises of everlasting life.
    Ergo, religion.

rac·ist
    rāsəst/noun
    a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
    Ask yourself honestly if this describes what you believe to be true.
    If the answer is yes, you are a racist.

3. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 5,099 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 908 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries

"so he stayed in class instead of joining the largely anti-gun protest or an alternative “study hall.”"
    There was no middle ground for him how many times do I have to explain this to you? There was no option for not choosing sides.

4. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yaya View Post
    There was no middle ground for him how many times do I have to explain this to you? There was no option for not choosing sides.
    The alternative study hall had no agenda, Yurt.
    It was not called "the pro gun study hall".
    It was just a study "hall".
    We have the intellect to imagine the finality of our own demise but do not have the sophistication to overcome our survival instinct and accept it.
    Ergo, religion.

rac·ist
    rāsəst/noun

5. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,632 Times in 4,084 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,357 Times in 1,282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal
    Nothing in the article said that he was "speaking". In fact, the kid himself said he refused to take sides. As Leon the Cat pointed out, the kid was offered a study hall and refused, so the school heads gave him a temporary suspension rather than run all types of legal risks by letting him stay in a virtually empty school.

Once again, right wing toadies post a misleading & inaccurate subject title to further their insane cause of being flunkies for the gun manufacturing industry.

The majority of the students did not take part in the walkout. It was a regular school day, and a regular class schedule should have been offered to any student who came to school that day to go to class. They come first...the walkout was not sanctioned...parents could have come into supervise if they wanted their kids to take part...If a teacher wanted to attend, then it's their responsibility to get class coverage...
    Sitting in the cafeteria with a babysitter is a complete waste of time....and telling that group of kids that they basically don't matter that day...
    Sorry, but your revisionist take coupled what you think should have happened doesn't cut it. Bottom line, the subject title is a LIE.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

Leonthecat (03-20-2018)

7. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

To coin a mixed metaphor, The rabbit hole the right ran down here had nothing in it but a nothing burger .
    Ergo, religion.

rac·ist
    rāsəst/noun

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Leonthecat For This Post:

Taichiliberal (03-24-2018)

9. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 326 Times in 306 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yes the "alternative study hall," is nothing more than in school suspension you nigger dick taking faggot.

10. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseKek View Post
    Yes the "alternative study hall," is nothing more than in school suspension you nigger dick taking faggot.
    No, it was a study hall. Suspension came to the one who ignored officials' directives and went into the empty classroom, racist.
    Ergo, religion.

rac·ist
    rāsəst/noun

11. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,415 Times in 16,404 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Let me repeat, for those of you who don't seem to understand. The majority of the students did not take part in the walkout. It was a regular school day, and a regular class schedule should have been offered to any student who came to school that day to go to class. They come first...the walkout was not sanctioned...parents could have come into supervise if they wanted their kids to take part...If a teacher wanted to attend, then it's their responsibility to get class coverage...
    Sitting in the cafeteria with a babysitter is a complete waste of time....and telling that group of kids that they basically don't matter that day...
    I would imagine that most schools had regular classes, and offered options to the kids who felt that they needed to walk out. Here, detentions were given to the students who chose to walkout... Most of the students were in class, however, where they were supposed to be. And had a right to be.

12. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,632 Times in 4,084 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,357 Times in 1,282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Let me repeat, for those of you who don't seem to understand. The majority of the students did not take part in the walkout. It was a regular school day, and a regular class schedule should have been offered to any student who came to school that day to go to class. They come first...the walkout was not sanctioned...parents could have come into supervise if they wanted their kids to take part...If a teacher wanted to attend, then it's their responsibility to get class coverage...
    I would imagine that most schools had regular classes, and offered options to the kids who felt that they needed to walk out. Here, detentions were given to the students who chose to walkout... Most of the students were in class, however, where they were supposed to be. And had a right to be.
    https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...10#post2275910
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

13. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Some nerd disobeyed school officials orders and got suspended for a day.
    BFD!
    Why is anyone still talking about this?
    Ergo, religion.

rac·ist
    rāsəst/noun

14. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Some nerd disobeyed school officials orders and got suspended for a day.
    BFD!
    Why is anyone still talking about this?
    I imagine because the student had a right to attend classes that day instead of participating in a walk or a study hall. And received a suspension.
    He went to school that day to go to class, and that should have been an option. Teachers should have been in class or gotten coverage. The babysitters could have supervised the walk.
    But, everything is back to "normal" now and schools and communities will be working on ways to tighten up security and have honest conversations so that the kids can feel that they are safe. That's the most important thing

15. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

I imagine because the student had a right to attend classes that day instead of participating in a walk or a study hall. And received a suspension.
    He went to school that day to go to class, and that should have been an option. Teachers should have been in class or gotten coverage. The babysitters could have supervised the walk.
    But, everything is back to "normal" now and schools and communities will be working on ways to tighten up security and have honest conversations so that the kids can feel that they are safe. That's the most important thing
    Which begs the question that no one has asked yet.

Where were the Teachers??

Where they marching with the Students and getting paid to teach, instead of marching??

If the Teachers were marching with the Students and getting paid for that day, does that make it School activity and if so, when did the Parent permission slips get sent home?

Are the School(s) not going to condone the Students walking out of class and marching for anything else that strikes their fancy, at that time??

This raises many more questions; but I'll stick with these, for now.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

16. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    Which begs the question that no one has asked yet.

Where were the Teachers??

Where they marching with the Students and getting paid to teach, instead of marching??

If the Teachers were marching with the Students and getting paid for that day, does that make it School activity and if so, when did the Parent permission slips get sent home?

Are the School(s) not going to condone the Students walking out of class and marching for anything else that strikes their fancy, at that time??

This raises many more questions; but I'll stick with these, for now.
    All good questions-I'm not connected with that particular school system but I would imagine:... It was just a regular school day and of course, the teachers there were being paid to teach. So not sure why they weren't required to be in class...and the kids certainly should not have been shoveled into the cafeteria to just sit. I'm not sure if letters were sent home to explain to parents what was happening that day...I don't think they were off school property, so technically a permission slip wasn't needed. We have out side pep rallies and activities that don't require them. But those are sanctioned school activities and I don't know that this activity was.
    If the schools condone this type of walkout, they technically are going to have to honor any requests from students to hold similar events for a cause that they may be passionate about. That's come up in discussion....
    Most schools in our area had regular classes and smallish "rallies". if a teacher wanted to participate in the activity, they had to find coverage for their class, combine classes...or take a personal day and get a sub. The majority of the kids took part in alternate activities, in class and in school.
    Bottom line. Kids went to school that day to attend classes and should have been offered that opportunity.
    I'm not sure how anyone disagrees with that.
    I've never been sure why they chose 10 AM to memorialize the tragedy. It happened at the end of the school day. To truly pay respect to the students, the end of the day/after school would have been much more appropriate. I know of at least one school that did just that.

17. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

All good questions-I'm not connected with that particular school system but I would imagine:... It was just a regular school day and of course, the teachers there were being paid to teach. So not sure why they weren't required to be in class...and the kids certainly should not have been shoveled into the cafeteria to just sit. I'm not sure if letters were sent home to explain to parents what was happening that day...I don't think they were off school property, so technically a permission slip wasn't needed. We have out side pep rallies and activities that don't require them. But those are sanctioned school activities and I don't know that this activity was.
    If the schools condone this type of walkout, they technically are going to have to honor any requests from students to hold similar events for a cause that they may be passionate about. That's come up in discussion....
    Most schools in our area had regular classes and smallish "rallies". if a teacher wanted to participate in the activity, they had to find coverage for their class, combine classes...or take a personal day and get a sub. The majority of the kids took part in alternate activities, in class and in school.
    Bottom line. Kids went to school that day to attend classes and should have been offered that opportunity.
    I'm not sure how anyone disagrees with that.
    I've never been sure why they chose 10 AM to memorialize the tragedy. It happened at the end of the school day. To truly pay respect to the students, the end of the day/after school would have been much more appropriate. I know of at least one school that did just that.
    This boils down to one very important item:
    Where were the Teachers, who are being paid to be in class and TEACH?
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.