Thread: Me

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LadyMoonlight View Post
    Thank you for your welcome.
    Don’t take it personally. Billy is a site mod and says that to everyone. It’s probably The friendliest thing he will say to you. Billy is the least biased and fairest person on JPP. He hates everyone equally.
    Billy is also an Iraq war veteran who served as a Marine and has earned mucho respect from me...even if he is from Michigan.

I’m Mott. I’m a former Eisenhower Republican, pretty much an extinct breed. I left the GOP primarily due to their tacit tolerance of racist and bigots, and due to the utter incompetence of the Bush administration and its immoral invasion of Iraq and their embracing of the only economic system that’s as spectacular a failure as communism, Supply Side Economics.

I’m civil to all who are civil to me except for those who are openly racist for whom I do not have any respect for.

I to am a bibliophile though my background is in science. I also have a warped sense of humor. I look forward to spirited yet civil debate with you.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

TOP (03-18-2018)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    Consider killing yourself.
    LOL Thanks for that anything that makes the world funny is worth a thanks.

"To listen to someone is to put oneself in his place while he is speaking. To put oneself in the place of someone whose soul is corroded by affliction, or in near danger of it, is to annihilate oneself It is more difficult than suicide would be for a happy child. Therefore the afflicted are not listened to. They are like someone whose tongue has been cut out and who occasionally forgets the fact. When they move their lips no ear perceives any sound. And they themselves soon sink into impotence in the use of language, because of the certainty of not being heard ... And the afflicted are nearly always equally deaf to one another; and each of them, constrained by the general indifference, strives by means of self-delusion or forgetfulness to become deaf to his own self." Simone Weil
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,617 Times in 11,612 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

We can always use another female conservative voice here. You say you are a teacher. Be prepared to be accused of being a sock. Anyway Welcome.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

Truth Detector (03-26-2018)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    I had to throw egg at the libertarian, in hopes that Midcan will re-enact his failed "Libertarianism in a Nutshell" threads from back on FP. Unfortunately, we don't have the full contingent of libertarians around (Ironhead, Stringy, IH8, Beefy, etc.) to proverbially bash his head into the pavement the way FP did at the time.
    Thanks Threedee, it is nice to know one is read and remembered. And while many will only deny and whine, there is that individual, that person still open to thinking that may think just a bit differently with eyes open. Some post for them.

I keep lots of old posts and odd writings as the same nonsense repeats itself like some old tired thought.

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/sho...ht=libertarian

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/sho...light=nutshell
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default For Threedee, enjoy

Originally posted on fullpolitics.com

Libertarianism in a nutshell II

Rand's mother receives excellent care during her pregnancy
    rand is born in a public education university hospital
    he is well cared for in corporate day care
    his parents have health insurance through work
    he lives in a neighborhood in which the tax code provides good schools
    he attends public school and his parents can afford tutors if needed
    his grandparents provide funds for college
    he attends a state college and graduates with a business degree
    in college he joins a libertarian group
    a friend of his father recommends him to a colleague for a job interview
    he lands a job
    he marries a woman of similar background
    they have two children
    he repeats much of the life of his parents but enters politics
    he runs as a republican libertarian
    his campaign stresses libertarian principles of freedom
    hard work and the free market are the forces that matter
    the election is close
    rand wins
    he enters during a time of excessive budget deficits
    an enormous budget package includes reduced taxes and a reduction in entitlements
    rand true to his libertarian creed votes yes
    his is the deciding vote
    protesters hold signs of disagreement in the streets
    breakfast and lunch services are stopped for many children
    loans are limited for education funds
    early child care is reduced
    health care also receives a large cutback
    rand has been true to his libertarian creed
    after all he made it on his own didn't he?

Addendum

https://www.ted.com/talks/alexander_...st_in_business

http://web.inter.nl.net/users/Paul.T...bertarian.html
    http://www.spectacle.org/897/trust.html

"The most fundamental problem with libertarianism is very simple: freedom, though a good thing, is simply not the only good thing in life. Simple physical security, which even a prisoner can possess, is not freedom, but one cannot live without it. Prosperity is connected to freedom, in that it makes us free to consume, but it is not the same thing, in that one can be rich but as unfree as a Victorian tycoon's wife. A family is in fact one of the least free things imaginable, as the emotional satisfactions of it derive from relations that we are either born into without choice or, once they are chosen, entail obligations that we cannot walk away from with ease or justice. But security, prosperity, and family are in fact the bulk of happiness for most real people and the principal issues that concern governments." Robert Locke

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...-of-the-right/

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

G'day folks

Let me begin by stating that I am a conservative. I began life as a Lefty (sigh, yeah, I know) but as I progressed through life, learning as I went, I reached a stage where I RAN to the right as fast as I could. I belong to no religion (religion is a social construction for social control...one man deciding how the society he lives in should behave), so please don't tie conservatism with religion with me. However, that is not to say I don't believe in a Higher Power, I do, just not the version(s) everyone else believes in.

I am a High School History/English teacher in a State school (I also teach Geography, which I dislike intensely but have no option but to do the best I can). If I had my time to do again, and I knew what I know now and I had the money, I would absolutely, without doubt, home-school my kids. I am a conservative teacher surrounded by Left-wing teachers and, trust me, it makes for interesting staff room discussions, although I have reached the point where more and more, I no longer bother to discuss things. Being the sole voice of reason means its usually not worth the effort and energy!

I am fanatically pro-Israel, nothing more to be said. I am anti pre-born baby execution (aka abortion), nothing more to be said on that one either.

I believe that the biggest danger to western society is Islam, and for that I will undoubtedly be accused of Islamophobia ("A word created by Fascists and used by cowards to manipulate morons" - Christopher Hitchens).

While I am appreciative of some areas of progress made in the last few decades, I miss the respect, self-respect, decency, good manners, resilience, independence and strength of both will and character that we have thrown away to create our modern world (my middle name should be 1950s).

I have never been, am not now and never will be a feminist. I favour a mother with babies and/or young children, being a traditional stay-at-home, homemaker. Women have always had power, just not control, and the hand that rocks the cradle really does rule the world!

I do not like Trump, but I almost fell to my knees in gratitude and thanked the Powers That Be when Clinton failed to become President.

I do not put people on ignore and have never used an ignore thingo, wouldn't know where to find it. Personally, I find ignore to be somewhat infantile.

I rarely post, I prefer to read the responses of others, although that could change in the future. At my age (65), I really do not have the energy or inclination to carry on arguing/debating with anyone. I read and think "Ok, you're a moron without a clue", or "Yep, I agree, you know what you are talking about". Some would probably say that I lack the skills to argue/debate proficiently and intelligently.

My hobbies are reading, which I do every morning before work and every night. Unfortunately, so far, publishers are not enthusiastic about my writing (although the last publisher called my novel intriguing). I also etch on glass and mirrors.

Well, that's about it on me.
    Welcome, I am glad to see that you are waking up from the lefty condition. I woke from the lefty condition as well, which is why I know you still have a long way to go. Once I reached the point of running to the right, the run went on for about a decade.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Evmetro For This Post:

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
    We can always use another female conservative voice here. You say you are a teacher. Be prepared to be accused of being a sock. Anyway Welcome.
    Thank you for your welcome. How would being a teacher mean an accusation of a sock (whatever that means)?

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    Welcome, I am glad to see that you are waking up from the lefty condition. I woke from the lefty condition as well, which is why I know you still have a long way to go. Once I reached the point of running to the right, the run went on for about a decade.
    I woke up 2 decades ago I don't have a long way to go, I am even more conservative than most people realise.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LadyMoonlight For This Post:

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Don’t take it personally. Billy is a site mod and says that to everyone. It’s probably The friendliest thing he will say to you. Billy is the least biased and fairest person on JPP. He hates everyone equally.
    Billy is also an Iraq war veteran who served as a Marine and has earned mucho respect from me...even if he is from Michigan.

I’m Mott. I’m a former Eisenhower Republican, pretty much an extinct breed. I left the GOP primarily due to their tacit tolerance of racist and bigots, and due to the utter incompetence of the Bush administration and its immoral invasion of Iraq and their embracing of the only economic system that’s as spectacular a failure as communism, Supply Side Economics.

I’m civil to all who are civil to me except for those who are openly racist for whom I do not have any respect for.

I to am a bibliophile though my background is in science. I also have a warped sense of humor. I look forward to spirited yet civil debate with you.
    Thank you for your welcome. Warped sense of humour sounds good!

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I believe that the biggest danger to western society is Islam, and for that I will undoubtedly be accused of Islamophobia ("A word created by Fascists and used by cowards to manipulate morons" - Christopher Hitchens).
    I believe this as well. Nobody really needs to accuse me of having Islamophobia, because I openly confess. I hereby declare that I fear Islam and dhimmitude. I served in the sand during the Desert Shield and Desert Storm, and faced Muslims in their natural habitat, which has left me with a fear of seeing USA succumb to Islam.

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    I had to throw egg at the libertarian, in hopes that Midcan will re-enact his failed "Libertarianism in a Nutshell" threads from back on FP. Unfortunately, we don't have the full contingent of libertarians around (Ironhead, Stringy, IH8, Beefy, etc.) to proverbially bash his head into the pavement the way FP did at the time.
    Where is Stringfellow?
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

16. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thank you for your welcome. How would being a teacher mean an accusation of a sock (whatever that means)?
    Who is the new sock?
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Who is the new sock?
    If it is a sock, it is a lefty. There are several items in the opening post that make it sound like it could be written written by a lefty.

18. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,240 Times in 7,656 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Welcome. I've never understood how anyone can be a conservative once they have lived life a bit? But then again in America conservative is just an ideology and an opposing position rather than a considered life style or philosophy. I try to use 'American conservative' for the word meaning here is surely different than other places in which it may consist of genuine thoughtful and considered values. Egads that sounds presumptuous but I'll stick to it.

And homeschooling is brainwashing on another level. Life is other people and learning from other people. Life is social.

I want to attach a few links, not for Me but to challenge or maybe just plant a seed in another reader that life is complicated and openness and inclusion are good things. I hope the top two aren't too harsh?

http://polaris.gseis.ucla.edu/pagre/conservatism.html

https://deanbaker.net/books/the-cons...anny-state.htm

And a few of my threads.

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/sho...ative-Wakes-Up

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/sho...nservative-hat

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/sho...e-Embarrassing

Conservatism [Republicans today] in a Nutshell

A man is lost in the woods and it starts snowing, off in the distance he sees a cabin. Slowly he makes his way only to find a locked gate, he rings the bell and a voice asks what he wants. He tells the voice his plight and is told by the voice that there is a church down the road and that they will pray for him.

Libertarianism [Socially liberal republicans today] in a Nutshell

The snow continues and growing more tired and cold, the man sees another cabin, struggling he barely makes it, he knocks and finally opens the door to warm himself. There is a full kettle of hot soup, he helps himself. Soon out of a back room comes a man, he scolds the man and tells him to leave as this is private property. The man stumbles out the door.

Liberalism in a Nutshell

Nearly exhausted the man sees a third cabin. Slowly he makes his way, opens the door and warms himself. There is soup in a kettle and he helps himself. From a back room a woman enters, she sits down next to him and they talk. He sleeps the night on the floor and the next morning goes on his way.
    Hey Midcan,

I try always to modify my comments on conservatism with the word "American." I suspect conservatives around the world look on American conservatism as something scraped from the bottom of a long neglected cesspool.

I also, as much as possible, try to use "American conservatism" rather than speak of "American conservatives." I know people who identify as conservatives...whom I love as family and friends.

American conservatism used to be of great value to this country. They were the loyal opposition...keeping American liberalism in check (something that has to be done often.)

Now, American conservatism is of value only for the mentally defective among us.

Libertarianism is on a rung far below American conservatism. FAR BELOW!

19. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

Rune (03-26-2018)