Members banned from this thread: evince, canceled.2021.2 and CFM

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 83% Of America's Top High School Science Students Are The Children Of Immigrants

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iewitness View Post
    you have earned your peanuts. it is nothing to me. us gov. public schools are for training gov./ corp. property. enjoy yourself. you fare sumptuously upon the fruits of your election and labors. I think it is ironic that certain state owned vehicle id tags say "state owned" and "permanent". I saw the immediate effects of two deadly disintegrated vehicle crashes en route from Charleston to charlotte today. gnarly. I am being ridiculous.
    in other words you have no qualifications.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    in other words you have no qualifications.
    yes sir. you are the power and glory. you are the qualified god of this world.
    Even so, Come, Lord Jesus
    I do not participate in delusion count me out

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    can you beat my 40 languages? didnt think so. https://futurism.com/googles-new-ear...y-in-your-ear/
    True. If you speak 40 you must be a real hero and stuff. While I'm sure I could learn 40, and languages are something that come easily to me, I don't particularly want to.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    True. If you speak 40 you must be a real hero and stuff. While I'm sure I could learn 40, and languages are something that come easily to me, I don't particularly want to.

me neither which is why I would use a device should the need arise

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Can you teach me English?
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Dude...if that were true then they wouldn’t have what it takes to earn a STEM degree. To quote Keith Moon “The kids are all right.”.
    Mott, have you tried hiring any of these graduates? Work ethic is obviously not taught at home nor at the educational institute they graduate from. Pretty much well educated folks useless as tits on a nun.

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Mott, have you tried hiring any of these graduates? Work ethic is obviously not taught at home nor at the educational institute they graduate from. Pretty much well educated folks useless as tits on a nun.

You are just posting traditional Blue Collar hatred for educated people.

8. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You are just posting traditional Blue Collar hatred for educated people.
    Is that a fact? My profession demands professional degrees and licensure. Do not bother trying to talk down to me. The fact is maybe 25% of millennials get it. The other 75% (like yourself) are not worth a fuck.

9. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

Among the 40 finalists of the 2016 Intel Science Talent Search, 14 had parents both born in India, 11 had parents both born in China, and seven had parents both born in the United States. People of Indian and Chinese birth represent only about 1% of the U.S. population each, according to the Pew Research Center.
    In addition to China, India and the United States, the countries of origin for the parents of 2016 Intel Science Talent Search finalists represent a diverse set of countries, including Canada, Cyprus, Iran, Japan, Nigeria, Singapore, South Korea and Taiwan.
    Odd that not one from Mexico, Central or South America is in that group with so many coming from those countries.
    Last edited by Cancel 2018.1; 03-18-2018 at 01:02 PM.

10. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,701 Times in 27,337 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

I have worked with a lot of undergraduate interns...and for the most part they are incredible. Motivated, eager to learn, and competent.

I wish I could have had my shit together at age 21, like these kids I have been around.

IN some ways, life is more complicated and these kids face more challenges than I did at that age. No question, more of them are continuing to live longer at home, and take longer to get their shit together than in the "good old days". I think that is just because life became more complicated, and these kids got saddled with more debt and challenges. The days of when a 22 year old can come straight out of college and be guaranteed a cube job in a corporate office are long gone. That is not a reflection on 20-somethings today.

I am resisting the temptation to turn into an old fart, yelling at the kids to get off the lawn, and complaining about the younger generation. I remember resenting that about old farts when I was 19 years old.

11. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I have worked with a lot of undergraduate interns...and for the most part they are incredible. Motivated, eager to learn, and competent.

I wish I could have had my shit together at age 21, like these kids I have been around.

IN some ways, life is more complicated and these kids face more challenges than I did at that age. No question, more of them are continuing to live longer at home, and take longer to get their shit together than in the "good old days". I think that is just because life became more complicated, and these kids got saddled with more debt and challenges. The days of when a 22 year old can come straight out of college and be guaranteed a cube job in a corporate office are long gone. That is not a reflection on 20-somethings today.

I am resisting the temptation to turn into an old fart, yelling at the kids to get off the lawn, and complaining about the younger generation. I remember resenting that about old farts when I was 19 years old.
    Any chance you can send any of these young folks to Massachusetts? Where you and Mott are must have most of them!

12. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Is that a fact? My profession demands professional degrees and licensure. Do not bother trying to talk down to me. The fact is maybe 25% of millennials get it. The other 75% (like yourself) are not worth a fuck.
    if you think I am a millennial you need your dog handling license revoked.

13. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

if you think I am a millennial you need your dog handling license revoked.
    Then you are the reason for them. Which is even worse.

14. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Then you are the reason for them. Which is even worse.

you are just an arrogant ignorant trumpster...good luck with that.

15. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

you are just an arrogant ignorant trumpster...good luck with that.
    Go away little man. Your whimpering makes you look worse than you already do.