Members banned from this thread: PostmodernProphet, Truth Detector, canceled.2021.2, CFM, Ralph, countryboy and The Ugly Truth

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Greetings Good Posters. Anybody up for Civl Discourse of Politics?

1. #181 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 Times in 7,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    you think that's great oratory and reason?

you,sir, are a blithering moron.
    You are the best example that helps me make my point.

You sir are full of shit!

2. #182 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,276 Times in 27,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello everybody,

I want to thank the many of you who have accepted me as your friend, and who appreciate polite academic discussions.

You've made this Forum a cherished habit, and it's just fabulous to have this outlet and to see your comments.

During Social Distancing, this Forum represents more social contact than I'm getting elsewhere, so it is especially appreciated now.

I do try to make it a point to call people up, so I get to interface socially that way, but this is so easy, I do this more than calling people.

And it's great, thanks to you, and I appreciate it.
    I commend you for practicing impeccable social etiquette and contributing to civil discourse.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-21-2020)

4. #183 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Geeko Sportivo,

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Poli, you are a stand-up man who remains benevolent or civil no matter who or what attacks you personally.

I admire that.

But, sometimes, and this is one of them, you have to fight fire with fire.

Last night, Nancy Pelosi was on the "The Final Word" on MsNBC and said that DOnald Trump and his minions have Doggy Doo on the soles of their shoes. That was about the most eloquent way to tell the truth and not use profanity at the same time.

Me! I'm not afraid to tell it like it is in words that these Trumptards well understand.

If it smells like SHIT- and it Stinks like SHIT- and it looks like SHIT- IT IS SHIT!

And Donald Trump and his Trumptards are not just wearing SHIT on their Shoes- THEY ARE LITERALLY SWIMMING AND DROWNING IN SHIT!

Sorry, but someone has to tell the whole truth- and nothing but the truth! SO HELP ME GOD!
    Well, however you wish to express yourself is of your concern. And agree with the sentiment of your post.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Geeko Sportivo (05-21-2020)

6. #184 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Cypress,

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I commend you for practicing impeccable social etiquette and contributing to civil discourse.
    Thanks. I'm glad to contribute what I can to the Forum. I know that the Forum is what WE make it.

After all, a forum is nothing without the posters.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #185 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I have recently had to place a few newcomers on Ignore.

I won't be reading anything they have to post anymore, but I can just imagine them telling themselves that I did that because of a disagreement over a political issue, or in general. But here's the deal: People telling themselves something they wish to believe - does not make a false thing true.

I have perfectly cordial conversations with supporters of the president, and I disagree with them most of the time. In a polite way. The difference is that some people are able to understand and allow others to hold opposing views without attacking one another personally. Anybody who might be fooling them self over why I place people on Ignore - that's all that's going on. Self-fooling.

I have no doubt that this is not confined to one person. Plenty of people do this. The worst individual at self-delusion right now is president. It is only logical that these people talk, and share their views. They are entitled to their view. But saying false things does not make them true. Never did, never will. Even if it is more than one person telling one another something they wish to be true. Even THAT doesn't make it what they want it to be, if it is false.

And we need to vote that nonsense out through early Mail-In Voting by November 3rd!

8. #186 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,507 Times in 16,971 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

I won't be reading anything they have to post anymore, but I can just imagine them telling themselves that I did that because of a disagreement over a political issue, or in general. But here's the deal: People telling themselves something they wish to believe - does not make a false thing true.

I have perfectly cordial conversations with supporters of the president, and I disagree with them most of the time. In a polite way. The difference is that some people are able to understand and allow others to hold opposing views without attacking one another personally. Anybody who might be fooling them self over why I place people on Ignore - that's all that's going on. Self-fooling.

I have no doubt that this is not confined to one person. Plenty of people do this. The worst individual at self-delusion right now is president. It is only logical that these people talk, and share their views. They are entitled to their view. But saying false things does not make them true. Never did, never will. Even if it is more than one person telling one another something they wish to be true. Even THAT doesn't make it what they want it to be, if it is false.

And we need to vote that nonsense out through early Mail-In Voting by November 3rd!
    You cry like a damn baby who just shit itself. You have everyone who you disagree with on ignore. Your list has to be longer than Legion's ban list. Why don't you just go away?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

9. #187 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,027 Times in 12,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions.
    This is not about the civility of others, this is about your own desperation to sanitize your experience, which is not what you would do if you were open to learning.

I say what I think and I am constantly accused of "isms" due to the heterodoxy of my mind.... surely I will have the honor of being on your list of "them who must be avoided" soon.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

10. #188 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,601 Times in 9,273 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    You cry like a damn baby who just shit itself. You have everyone who you disagree with on ignore. Your list has to be longer than Legion's ban list. Why don't you just go away?
    Why take the high road when you can take the low road!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

11. #189 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There is little more pathetic than someone who has been Ignored - pretending to be in conversation with someone who refuses to talk to them.

Pathetic and sad. To think that such an individual is reduced to trolling to get attention. And then they don't even get it.

Talk about 'Not getting it!'

A word to the wise:

If you wish to be a part of a discussion, it is not a good idea to insult someone you would like a response from.

The only people who will continue to reply to you after you have unloaded verbal abuse on them are enablers in a dysfunctional relationship.

Most people want no part of that, which is why most people want no part of online forum discussions.

It takes a definite amount of fortitude to navigate a discussion forum in which there is little moderation.

That and a diligence with common sense values and the Ignore feature.

12. #190 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mason View Post
    Why take the high road when you can take the low road!
    She obviously does
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

13. #191 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    You go to right-wing troll discussions and go after the leftists like they are the ones trolling. Maybe you should listen to yourself and not be so sensitive.

14. #192 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    You go to right-wing troll discussions and go after the leftists like they are the ones trolling. Maybe you should listen to yourself and not be so sensitive.

15. #193 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,126 Times in 9,657 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 503 Times in 476 Posts
    Blog Entries

You are the best example that helps me make my point.

You sir are full of shit!
    doggy doo on shoes, you think that's insightful?

you're an idiot.

16. #194 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 Times in 7,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    doggy doo on shoes, you think that's insightful?

you're an idiot.
    I actually thought Nancy's use of the term Doggy-Doo was the most graceful way to say, that Trump and his Administration are going to leave a trail of shit wherever they go as long as they shall live!

If it smells like SHIT and looks like SHIT- It's SHIT!

And you are the idiot for eating the peanuts right out of Donald Trump's SHIT!

17. #195 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,126 Times in 9,657 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 503 Times in 476 Posts
    Blog Entries

I actually thought Nancy's use of the term Doggy-Doo was the most graceful way to say, that Trump and his Administration are going to leave a trail of shit wherever they go as long as they shall live!

If it smells like SHIT and looks like SHIT- It's SHIT!

And you are the idiot for eating the peanuts right out of Donald Trump's SHIT!
    trail of shit, also moronic analysis. moron. your moronic thought leader is well suited to your moronic nature.