Members banned from this thread: PostmodernProphet, Truth Detector, canceled.2021.2, CFM, Ralph, countryboy and The Ugly Truth

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Greetings Good Posters. Anybody up for Civl Discourse of Politics?

1. #196 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,178 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    trail of shit, also moronic analysis. moron. your moronic thought leader is well suited to your moronic nature.
    All I hear is crickets Gomer! CHIRP CHIRP!

But do keep talking! Perhaps you will eventually say something intelligent!

2. #197 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    All I hear is crickets Gomer! CHIRP CHIRP!

But do keep talking! Perhaps you will eventually say something intelligent!
    like the brilliant pelosi and the dog doo insights? your thought leader is a moron and so are you.

3. #198 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,178 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

like the brilliant pelosi and the dog doo insights? your thought leader is a moron and so are you.
    You are not the only asshole with an opinion. [Geeko Sportivo]

And you may quote me on that- if you like!

4. #199 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    You are not the only asshole with an opinion. [Geeko Sportivo]

And you may quote me on that- if you like!
    pelosi doesn't have an opinion. just vague nonsense about dog doo.

what a brilliant take on issues that matter.

5. #200 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

It is to be expected that a Forum with very little moderation would attract anti-social types who have been thrown out of more orderly Forums, and are unable to get along with others in real life.

I would be pretty surprised if a polite individual arrives at a site like this and does NOT get attacked by trolls.

I not only saw it coming, I expected it, and created a plan to deal with it, which has worked very effectively. As far as I am concerned, it has all worked out well, just as outlined in my very first post. Even then, I knew better than to even try to talk directly with trolls. That is why my first post over two years ago wasn't addressed to them at all, but to the good people here of all political positions:

"Hello good people at JPP.

I come in peace to discuss the issues facing the USA. I offer manners and respect for you, and a promise that I will never tell you off, or be mean to you.

I respectfully ask for the same in return. Actually I require it. If you share my values this should represent a welcome diversion from the common immaturity seen here.

I am into civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Anyone who flames on me will be placed on my Ignore List. My rules are more strict than the site rules. My Ignore List is PERMANENT. I never take anyone off Ignore. If you like to call other posters names and you want to blame me, vent on me, etc, please identify yourself by flaming on me promptly so I can add you to my growing Permanent Ignore List.

Anyone can tell me off one time. If I accept that and do nothing I invite more of the same; I become the enabler for this type of unwarranted aggressive behavior. I am not going to do that. I know it is quite common around here, but I am not going to put up with it. I could. I simply choose not to. That's what an Ignore List is for. I feel like if I take part in that kind of tit for tat, that I lower myself to do that.

I fully expect to have a very large Ignore List quite rapidly. This is my strategy for having respectful conversations about our national issues. In order to enjoy what I seek, I must filter out ALL of the trash talk. I don't care what form it comes in. It can be accompanied by a very intelligent post, very articulate. That doesn't matter. If it includes being mean, saying mean things about me, I will add that poster to my Ignore List. I don't say mean things about other people, and I am not going to lower myself to those standards.

Many will not understand this. Some will think I will have nobody to talk to. They are wrong. There are good people with manners who are tired of the trash talking. Not as many as the trash talkers here, but that is not a problem. There is too much activity on this site to keep up with it all anyway. So I am going to build a nice little group of friends here who want to be polite, like they really care about one another. That's what I have in real life, and that is what I will have here. That means I am going to have to make some examples out of some people and show that I mean exactly what I said in my Signature. I refuse to be the target of such venting. Nothing personal at all. I simply choose to remain above that. You can do that too, you know. We all can. I choose to.

Also, it does not escape me that when people are unable to argue their positions solely on points of merit, and feel they must resort to putting down the opposition? When people act like that, it usually means they are not really confident enough in their own position to simply state how they feel and let it be. As if they don't think their own position is strong enough to stand on it's own merit. A position is actually more convincing if you stick to facts, and point out where other posts deviate from facts.

I know there are many on this planet who have a genuine love in their heart for fellow humans. I know they exist because I find examples of it constantly. Sadly, there are also some who are filled with rage and frustration. They are just looking for someone to direct it towards. When we enable one another to do that to us, we perpetuate the grief and hatred. I am not going to do that.

All we have to do is find that love in our hearts for humankind and look for it. It is out there. It is inside all of us. We are intelligent beings, but we are creatures of habit. We Americans have some bad habits. Lately one of them is being mean to others on the internet. Very similar to being mean, dangerous, and overly aggressive as drivers, something which has existed long before the internet, but something which has become worse over time. I have to chuckle when I think that some of our worst posters here post like some of our worst drivers drive, but it's sadly true.

Habits can be changed if you try hard enough. That is a very powerful lesson in life. Do your habits control you? Or do you control your habits... Any habit can be changed or established by simply consciously acting differently for a period of 2-3 weeks. After that time period, it becomes second nature. Then you don't have to think about it, it just comes naturally. It is your new habit. Very powerful for self-improvement.

If you are not proud of your habits, and there is a small part of you, a nagging feeling, that it is not right? Listen to that. You can change your habits. Let it begin with enjoying a mutually respectful and long lasting exchange of ideas with me. You never have to worry that I am going to tell you off. I don't do that. I argue on the basis of merit. If you can do that too I believe you will find your credibility will be very high.

Welcome to a new era at JPP. Let that begin with me, and with you. Thanks for listening; thanks for being kind. Be kind to yourself; be kind to others.

Let's have some fun learning, exchanging ideas, and finding out what makes the other side tick as we get better informed and better able to be responsible citizens!

"
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #201 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    It is to be expected that a Forum with very little moderation would attract anti-social types who have been thrown out of more orderly Forums, and are unable to get along with others in real life.

I would be pretty surprised if a polite individual arrives at a site like this and does NOT get attacked by trolls.

I not only saw it coming, I expected it, and created a plan to deal with it, which has worked very effectively. As far as I am concerned, it has all worked out well, just as outlined in my very first post. Even then, I knew better than to even try to talk directly with trolls. That is why my first post over two years ago wasn't addressed to them at all, but to the good people here of all political positions:

"Hello good people at JPP.

I come in peace to discuss the issues facing the USA. I offer manners and respect for you, and a promise that I will never tell you off, or be mean to you.

I respectfully ask for the same in return. Actually I require it. If you share my values this should represent a welcome diversion from the common immaturity seen here.

I am into civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Anyone who flames on me will be placed on my Ignore List. My rules are more strict than the site rules. My Ignore List is PERMANENT. I never take anyone off Ignore. If you like to call other posters names and you want to blame me, vent on me, etc, please identify yourself by flaming on me promptly so I can add you to my growing Permanent Ignore List.

Anyone can tell me off one time. If I accept that and do nothing I invite more of the same; I become the enabler for this type of unwarranted aggressive behavior. I am not going to do that. I know it is quite common around here, but I am not going to put up with it. I could. I simply choose not to. That's what an Ignore List is for. I feel like if I take part in that kind of tit for tat, that I lower myself to do that.

I fully expect to have a very large Ignore List quite rapidly. This is my strategy for having respectful conversations about our national issues. In order to enjoy what I seek, I must filter out ALL of the trash talk. I don't care what form it comes in. It can be accompanied by a very intelligent post, very articulate. That doesn't matter. If it includes being mean, saying mean things about me, I will add that poster to my Ignore List. I don't say mean things about other people, and I am not going to lower myself to those standards.

Many will not understand this. Some will think I will have nobody to talk to. They are wrong. There are good people with manners who are tired of the trash talking. Not as many as the trash talkers here, but that is not a problem. There is too much activity on this site to keep up with it all anyway. So I am going to build a nice little group of friends here who want to be polite, like they really care about one another. That's what I have in real life, and that is what I will have here. That means I am going to have to make some examples out of some people and show that I mean exactly what I said in my Signature. I refuse to be the target of such venting. Nothing personal at all. I simply choose to remain above that. You can do that too, you know. We all can. I choose to.

Also, it does not escape me that when people are unable to argue their positions solely on points of merit, and feel they must resort to putting down the opposition? When people act like that, it usually means they are not really confident enough in their own position to simply state how they feel and let it be. As if they don't think their own position is strong enough to stand on it's own merit. A position is actually more convincing if you stick to facts, and point out where other posts deviate from facts.

I know there are many on this planet who have a genuine love in their heart for fellow humans. I know they exist because I find examples of it constantly. Sadly, there are also some who are filled with rage and frustration. They are just looking for someone to direct it towards. When we enable one another to do that to us, we perpetuate the grief and hatred. I am not going to do that.

All we have to do is find that love in our hearts for humankind and look for it. It is out there. It is inside all of us. We are intelligent beings, but we are creatures of habit. We Americans have some bad habits. Lately one of them is being mean to others on the internet. Very similar to being mean, dangerous, and overly aggressive as drivers, something which has existed long before the internet, but something which has become worse over time. I have to chuckle when I think that some of our worst posters here post like some of our worst drivers drive, but it's sadly true.

Habits can be changed if you try hard enough. That is a very powerful lesson in life. Do your habits control you? Or do you control your habits... Any habit can be changed or established by simply consciously acting differently for a period of 2-3 weeks. After that time period, it becomes second nature. Then you don't have to think about it, it just comes naturally. It is your new habit. Very powerful for self-improvement.

If you are not proud of your habits, and there is a small part of you, a nagging feeling, that it is not right? Listen to that. You can change your habits. Let it begin with enjoying a mutually respectful and long lasting exchange of ideas with me. You never have to worry that I am going to tell you off. I don't do that. I argue on the basis of merit. If you can do that too I believe you will find your credibility will be very high.

Welcome to a new era at JPP. Let that begin with me, and with you. Thanks for listening; thanks for being kind. Be kind to yourself; be kind to others.

Let's have some fun learning, exchanging ideas, and finding out what makes the other side tick as we get better informed and better able to be responsible citizens!

"
    go eat a bag dicks.

7. #202 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello good people at JPP.

There are always those who disagree with my approach and go further in trying to judge me for it, or discuss whether or not I belong here. This comes from a perception of what the board is to them. What these attitudes fail to grasp is that the board can be different things to different people. I have no doubt my approach yields a very different experience here than a disrespectful approach would.

I'll remind readers that the board is what we make it, and each of us can customize their experience here to suit their own tastes. It is not for any of us to be telling others whether or not they belong here, for that is a decision for each participant. (Anyone who attempts this with me is considered to be getting too personal, and will be Ignore Listed.)

If more participants wish to make the board a more respectful place, then the board will reflect that.

If more participants wish to make the board a very disrespectful place, then the board will reflect that, too.

I have seen some changes since I began posting compared to what it was when I would merely lurk. My approach has been welcomed by some and I'm glad to see people standing up for respectful posting.

A chat board is nothing without participants. A chat board reflects the approach the participants utilize. Hence, the board is what we the posters make it.

Let's all do our best to make this the finest board we can. Thank you, and thank yourselves.

Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (07-14-2020)

9. #203 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Just a reminder:

I do not respond to people on my Ignore List, nor do I talk about them individually nor acknowledge them.

It is disrespectful to talk about somebody who cannot respond. Besides. If I don't wish to have anything to do with somebody I am not going to waste my time making comments specifically about them.

Those on my Ignore List who have some kind of obsession which causes them to reply to my posts, or talk about me, are not only wasting their time, but they are showing why they are on my Ignore List, which is where the disrespectful belong.

That's sad and lame, yes, but I have no control over what other people do. It is of no concern to me.

Who needs grief when it can be filtered out!

There is a great posting experience to be had without the trolls!

10. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-21-2020)

11. #204 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Just a reminder:

I do not respond to people on my Ignore List, nor do I talk about them individually nor acknowledge them.

It is disrespectful to talk about somebody who cannot respond. Besides. If I don't wish to have anything to do with somebody I am not going to waste my time making comments specifically about them.

Those on my Ignore List who have some kind of obsession which causes them to reply to my posts, or talk about me, are not only wasting their time, but they are showing why they are on my Ignore List, which is where the disrespectful belong.

That's sad and lame, yes, but I have no control over what other people do. It is of no concern to me.

Who needs grief when it can be filtered out!

There is a great posting experience to be had without the trolls!
    you like echo chambers, cuz you actually suck at debating.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hermes Thoth For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-21-2020)

13. #205 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

you like echo chambers, cuz you actually suck at debating.
    She's a truly annoying pompous turd, but Doris likes her!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Hermes Thoth (08-21-2020)

15. #206 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grajonca View Post
    She's a truly annoying pompous turd, but Doris likes her!
    Such a brilliant assessment by the Lord of Cretins.
    Lock Him Up

16. #207 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There are always those who disagree with my approach and go further in trying to judge me for it, or discuss whether or not I belong here. This comes from a perception of what the board is to them. What these attitudes fail to grasp is that the board can be different things to different people. I have no doubt my approach yields a very different experience here than a disrespectful approach would.

I'll remind readers that the board is what we make it, and each of us can customize their experience here to suit their own tastes. It is not for any of us to be telling others whether or not they belong here, for that is a decision for each participant. (Anyone who attempts this with me is considered to be getting too personal, and will be Ignore Listed.)

If more participants wish to make the board a more respectful place, then the board will reflect that.

If more participants wish to make the board a very disrespectful place, then the board will reflect that, too.

I have seen some changes since I began posting compared to what it was when I would merely lurk. My approach has been welcomed by some and I'm glad to see people standing up for respectful posting.

A chat board is nothing without participants. A chat board reflects the approach the participants utilize. Hence, the board is what we the posters make it.

Let's all do our best to make this the finest board we can. Thank you, and thank yourselves.

go fuck yourself..

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hermes Thoth For This Post:

anonymoose (08-21-2020)

18. #208 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts

Hello good people at JPP.

Where freedom of speech isn't allowed, you shouldn't waste your time.

19. #209 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello overkill,

Quote Originally Posted by overkill View Post
    Where freedom of speech isn't allowed, you shouldn't waste your time.
    Agreed, but what I am doing here is not limiting freedom of speech. All participants are free to post whatever they want. That freedom does not include forcing others to read it or have anything to do with them.

20. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (09-20-2020)

21. #210 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts

Hello overkill,

Agreed, but what I am doing here is not limiting freedom of speech. All participants are free to post whatever they want. That freedom does not include forcing others to read it or have anything to do with them.
    Strange reply. You agree, then you explain your disagreement.