Hello Evmetro,

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
I am your political opponent. Don't you want to silence your opposition?
No, not at all. The diversity of views is what makes America great. The more voices heard in a Democratic Republic, the better it operates. Silencing voices actually works against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
According to the lefties of this board, my being a righty automatically qualifies me as a racist and a hater, so doesn't that make you want put me on ignore?
No, I don't believe that. I'll make that call and thus far I see no reason to place you on Ignore.

People are going to disagree. That's only being human. We each have unique life experiences which lead us to believe the things we do. I am interested in talking to people who believe differently; and learning why others believe the things they do. It's only if and when I learn that their beliefs are motivated by hatred directed at me over false assumptions that I decide not to listen to that individual any more.

You can believe anything you like. As long as we share a mutual respect I am not going to place you on Ignore. The only caveat to that is that I cannot respect anyone who expresses outright racism here. It's all about treating others fairly with me.

Most of the flamers here should really just agree to disagree and let it be.

I find if I partake in the flames, it affects my life, causes unneeded stress. So I avoid it. I still want to talk about politics.

And, you know, I find a lot of good discussions here where people don't have to go off on one another. I wouldn't be here if it was nothing but flames. I don't accept that thing about: "Well all the other kids are doing it, PLEASE can I do it too?" No. I have to be myself. And so do some others, btw.

And you know this place would be boring anyway if everybody was the same. I don't mind being a little different if it means standing up for what I believe in.