Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: White Democracy transition to a Multi-Ethnic Democracy...

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Felonia von Pantsuit View Post
    Fuck off faggot. Why don’t you get loaded and accuse someone of threatening your spawn again? I bet she will love having a drunk old man

When are you going to get it douche? BAC Panther is like a dirty fucking muslime. He will never accept you. He wants you defeated. You are too fucking stupid to realize it.

You deserve everything you get.

PS

You seem to making use of thread bans yourself but like a typical liberal it is ok for you.
    So cute to see you side with Desh.

No one is destroying anyone on this board. No "winning" occurs here. It's all conversation.

Me banning you and Desh is not quite the same as you banning 80% of the board. Nice try though

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

kudzu (03-16-2018)

3. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post

No one is destroying anyone on this board. No "winning" occurs here. It's all conversation.

Me banning you and Desh is not quite the same as you banning 80% of the board. Nice try though
    Deshtard made a typo.

Only a virtue signaling attention seeking faggot would think she actually threatened your spawn

Are you that desperate for attention?

Now get back to trying to gain BACs approval

Did your daddy not love you enough?

4. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Your comments about money and economics are at least debatable .. even as libertarian and they tend to be.
    Since you didn't want me commenting on this Berkeley event last night because I was a Republican here's a Berkeley City Council member speaking about Berkeley who is definitely not a Republican. Not trying to put words in your mouth but I can't imagine you say this is fine just because they vote progressively.

Opinion: Berkeley’s zoning laws wall off communities of color, seniors, low-income people and others

Zoning laws in Berkeley have been used historically to exclude African Americans and other populations from certain parts of the city. For equity’s sake, they must be changed.

In The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in an Age of Colorblindness, author Michelle Alexander notes that even in the age of Obama, the vestiges of slavery remained. Just as Jim Crow laws survive through mass incarceration, so does an American caste-structure continue through the use of zoning.

Zoning in Berkeley began in the 1910s as an open effort to protect single family homes from “deterioration.” (See “The Necessity of a Zone Ordinance in Berkeley” by Charles Henry Cheney, Berkeley Civic Bulletin, Vol. III: No 10, May 18, 1915.) In an address to the Berkeley City Club in 1915, City Attorney Frank V. Cornish articulated what wealthy elites considered to be neighborhood “deterioration” – the intrusion of “undesirables” and “heathen Chinese” in Berkeley.

Zoning, as a phenomenon, swept the entire nation, but as overt racial restrictions were struck down by the U.S. Supreme Court, proxies for race prevailed. Zoning discourse evolved from “no negroes” to “no apartments.” Berkeley City Attorney Frank V. Cornish asserted that keeping apartments away from affluent areas was necessary, as “[a]partment houses are the bane of the owner of the single family dwelling.” This sentiment was the source of decades of racially exclusionary zoning laws.

But in the 1960s, the people won a victory. BART was coming to Berkeley and threatened to continue the practice of walling off communities of color to enforce segregation. South Berkeley — already reeling from decades of redlining, deed restrictions, and overt racial zoning — organized to underground the BART line. The community succeeded, thanks to the tireless work of our neighborhood activists, including Mabel Howard and Ron Dellums. Shortly thereafter, the African American population started moving into new apartments in North and East Berkeley.

In response, Berkeley passed the “Neighborhood Preservation Ordinance”, effectively banning new apartment construction for several decades. This ordinance did not mention race, but instead sought to preserve “neighborhood character”. As a result, from 1970 to 2000, fewer than 600 dwelling units were built in Berkeley. We can track the steady decline of the African American population in Berkeley — almost to the year — with the enactment of this ordinance. Fewer units means more pressure on our low-income residents and people on fixed incomes, like seniors and people with disabilities. It means pressure on young people growing up and studying in Berkeley who cannot find a place to live.

Today, most people who oppose apartment construction similarly complain about impacts on neighborhood character. Impacts such as parking, traffic, shadows, views, and claims that families only live in houses. Though we have evolved to become a more inclusive society, our institutions and zoning laws don’t reflect our new ethic.

The pernicious thing about exclusion is that it begins with the most vulnerable, and then expands to everyone else. What started off as exclusion based on race, has now expanded to include class, economic status, and age. If we continue to limit the construction of apartment buildings to only one part of town, we will not meet the needs of seniors, the working class, low-income people, and young people.

Integration and the fight for civil rights are ongoing. This is why Berkeley declared itself a sanctuary city, despite incredible pressure and threats of retaliation from Washington D.C. The next step in our journey toward inclusion requires the sensible and ethical reform of our zoning laws.

All doors open!

Ben Bartlett is the City Councilman representing District 3. Yelda Bartlett is an attorney.

http://www.berkeleyside.com/2017/06/...-people-others

5. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Since you didn't want me commenting on this Berkeley event last night because I was a Republican here's a Berkeley City Council member speaking about Berkeley who is definitely not a Republican. Not trying to put words in your mouth but I can't imagine you say this is fine just because they vote progressively.

Opinion: Berkeley’s zoning laws wall off communities of color, seniors, low-income people and others

Zoning laws in Berkeley have been used historically to exclude African Americans and other populations from certain parts of the city. For equity’s sake, they must be changed.

In The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in an Age of Colorblindness, author Michelle Alexander notes that even in the age of Obama, the vestiges of slavery remained. Just as Jim Crow laws survive through mass incarceration, so does an American caste-structure continue through the use of zoning.

Zoning in Berkeley began in the 1910s as an open effort to protect single family homes from “deterioration.” (See “The Necessity of a Zone Ordinance in Berkeley” by Charles Henry Cheney, Berkeley Civic Bulletin, Vol. III: No 10, May 18, 1915.) In an address to the Berkeley City Club in 1915, City Attorney Frank V. Cornish articulated what wealthy elites considered to be neighborhood “deterioration” – the intrusion of “undesirables” and “heathen Chinese” in Berkeley.

Zoning, as a phenomenon, swept the entire nation, but as overt racial restrictions were struck down by the U.S. Supreme Court, proxies for race prevailed. Zoning discourse evolved from “no negroes” to “no apartments.” Berkeley City Attorney Frank V. Cornish asserted that keeping apartments away from affluent areas was necessary, as “[a]partment houses are the bane of the owner of the single family dwelling.” This sentiment was the source of decades of racially exclusionary zoning laws.

But in the 1960s, the people won a victory. BART was coming to Berkeley and threatened to continue the practice of walling off communities of color to enforce segregation. South Berkeley — already reeling from decades of redlining, deed restrictions, and overt racial zoning — organized to underground the BART line. The community succeeded, thanks to the tireless work of our neighborhood activists, including Mabel Howard and Ron Dellums. Shortly thereafter, the African American population started moving into new apartments in North and East Berkeley.

In response, Berkeley passed the “Neighborhood Preservation Ordinance”, effectively banning new apartment construction for several decades. This ordinance did not mention race, but instead sought to preserve “neighborhood character”. As a result, from 1970 to 2000, fewer than 600 dwelling units were built in Berkeley. We can track the steady decline of the African American population in Berkeley — almost to the year — with the enactment of this ordinance. Fewer units means more pressure on our low-income residents and people on fixed incomes, like seniors and people with disabilities. It means pressure on young people growing up and studying in Berkeley who cannot find a place to live.

Today, most people who oppose apartment construction similarly complain about impacts on neighborhood character. Impacts such as parking, traffic, shadows, views, and claims that families only live in houses. Though we have evolved to become a more inclusive society, our institutions and zoning laws don’t reflect our new ethic.

The pernicious thing about exclusion is that it begins with the most vulnerable, and then expands to everyone else. What started off as exclusion based on race, has now expanded to include class, economic status, and age. If we continue to limit the construction of apartment buildings to only one part of town, we will not meet the needs of seniors, the working class, low-income people, and young people.

Integration and the fight for civil rights are ongoing. This is why Berkeley declared itself a sanctuary city, despite incredible pressure and threats of retaliation from Washington D.C. The next step in our journey toward inclusion requires the sensible and ethical reform of our zoning laws.

All doors open!

Ben Bartlett is the City Councilman representing District 3. Yelda Bartlett is an attorney.

http://www.berkeleyside.com/2017/06/...-people-others
    Here's the thing.

1st off you seem to think only people of color can't afford to live in this community. Black people live everywhere.

2nd you seem to think these are liberals because they live in Berkely. Do realize racist white men live everywhere?

The last few jobs I had were in "liberal" Los Angeles, and every department head was ran by racist whites.....they have to live somewhere.

3rd thinking there are no right wing conservatives in CA is just stupid. The biggest one is in office right now and he had to be voted in. Trying to use zoning laws to prove liberals are racist is stretching your BS so thin it's see through.

Everyone else on this board will buy you BS, I wont'. I from CA born and raised, born in the 60's and trust me the racism ain't because of zoning laws.

6. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I was talking specifically about Berkeley. You may not have a problem with people fighting to keep their neighborhood's from changing, many don't (even though the current zoning is the same racist discriminatory zoning when it was originally created). There are many in Berkeley who felt that way.
    This entire country full of whites kept neighborhoods separate. Sun down towns, etc. How the fuck are you trying to lay this at the feet of CA?

I see right through you.

When President Obama became President racist right wing republicans started demonizing Chicago as if it was a third world country.....and Americans brought into it.

Now CA didn't vote for dump and the racist right wing does the same thing.

Do yourself a favor, get the hell out of CA.

7. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    This entire country full of whites kept neighborhoods separate. Sun down towns, etc. How the fuck are you trying to lay this at the feet of CA?

I see right through you.

When President Obama became President racist right wing republicans started demonizing Chicago as if it was a third world country.....and Americans brought into it.

Keep him

8. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Here's the thing.

1st off you seem to think only people of color can't afford to live in this community. Black people live everywhere.

2nd you seem to think these are liberals because they live in Berkely. Do realize racist white men live everywhere?

The last few jobs I had were in "liberal" Los Angeles, and every department head was ran by racist whites.....they have to live somewhere.

3rd thinking there are no right wing conservatives in CA is just stupid. The biggest one is in office right now and he had to be voted in. Trying to use zoning laws to prove liberals are racist is stretching your BS so thin it's see through.

Everyone else on this board will buy you BS, I wont'. I from CA born and raised, born in the 60's and trust me the racism ain't because of zoning laws.
    So you didn't read the article and you have no idea about housing segregation laws. Ok

9. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I see right through you.

Honest question, do you have any idea how city governments work? Or do you believe the President controls everything America?

10. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Honest question, do you have any idea how city governments work? Or do you believe the President controls everything America?
    You know NOTHING about honesty.

11. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    First, your tribe isn't defined as 'white people.' It's only some white people. Take a look around you. Start with this board then expand that view out to the American people. It's just some white people on your team, your side, your tribe.

Unlike you brother, my tribe is not defined by race. All races of people are on this side .. including all the ones you hate. Good job.

This is not about white people OBVIOUSLY. This is just about you and the shrinking scared of everything people on your side. Stop hiding behind white people. There are millions of white people who do not want you speaking for them. Thus, your argument can only be about some white people.

You and every single one of you on that side of society all hide behind white people. You hide there because racism and the belief that there is something 'special' about you because you're white is all you have. Racism has always been a refuge for weak people and unintelligent people haunted by their own sense of inferiority.

I never run dude.

If you'd like to continue this conversation with the more educated definition of your 'some' team .. I'd have no problem having that conversation with you brother.
    What gives you the idea I think I’m special because I’m white?

The dirty little secret is democrats have adopted tribalism into their politics by dividing up the electorate based on race, ethnicity, gender, imagined gender lol, religion and etc. The only difference is they call it Identity Politics instead of tribalism. But it is what it is.

And in practically every instance, these groups are pitted against white conservatives—and if you happen to be a white Christian conservative male, well you’re pretty much public enemy Number One.

Which is fine, but that’s not what I’m getting at.

What’s the end game for tribal politics in this country? Even in this thread it’s been stated that people like myself can’t die off fast enough. What’s going to happen when we do? Will it usher in a multicultural Utopia?

Or will it be like other places where tribalism reigns?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

12. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Apparently your reading comprehension isn't up to snuff. I never used the word destroyed and I was talking about politically, not you personally, although I wouldn't put it past the BLM ANTIFA fuck.

This is probably how you went all Zipperhead and falsely accused Deshtard of threatening your spawn.

13. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,286 Times in 10,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,908 Times in 4,224 Posts
    Blog Entries

Are these NIMBY liberal Berkeley folks recognizing their racism here?
    Did you take a survey of their particular demographics? Or are you making that assumption?

14. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You know NOTHING about honesty.
    Ok troll

15. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-17-2018)

16. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Did you take a survey of their particular demographics? Or are you making that assumption?
    I did not personally ask each speaker their political party. Berkeley has just over 100K residents. 65% are registered democrats. 4% republican. 3% Green

17. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    What gives you the idea I think I’m special because I’m white?

The dirty little secret is democrats have adopted tribalism into their politics by dividing up the electorate based on race, ethnicity, gender, imagined gender lol, religion and etc. The only difference is they call it Identity Politics instead of tribalism. But it is what it is.

And in practically every instance, these groups are pitted against white conservatives—and if you happen to be a white Christian conservative male, well you’re pretty much public enemy Number One.

Which is fine, but that’s not what I’m getting at.

What’s the end game for tribal politics in this country? Even in this thread it’s been stated that people like myself can’t die off fast enough. What’s going to happen when we do? Will it usher in a multicultural Utopia?

Or will it be like other places where tribalism reigns?
    Republicans talking about tribalism makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. The republican tribe is white people only .. but you somehow think the future is in danger without your white-only political party. I don't. I think the future is much brighter without the racism of the right-wing Republican Party.

The open-door policy of democrats vs the whites-only policy of republicans is a no-brainer.

.. and again, you're not speaking for white people .. only the rapidly shrinking some white people of your party .. who are going to get slaughtered in the coming midterms.

Perhaps you think a white-only political party has a future in an evolving America, but I don't. Such a strategy doesn't even make bad sense.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.