Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: White Democracy transition to a Multi-Ethnic Democracy...

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,773 Times in 27,247 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    So because the Republican Party is all white it doesn't bother you that old white people in Berkeley turn out in force against new development in their neighborhood because it could bring in "others" and (they think) hurt their property values?

So essentially racism is only racism if a Republican does it?

shut up wack

you are just so pathetic

2. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

TTQ64 (03-16-2018)

3. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

So because the Republican Party is all white it doesn't bother you that old white people in Berkeley turn out in force against new development in their neighborhood because it could bring in "others" and (they think) hurt their property values?

So essentially racism is only racism if a Republican does it?
    Your perceptions of what motivates old white people in Berkeley doesn't bother me. How are they 'racist' when they vote, organize, and act against racism?

Your side isn't doing ANY of that, and the fact they they are virtually all white does indeed bother you, but you try to reconcile it by looking for racism among those doing what you should be doing about it.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

4. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,711 Times in 27,343 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

I'm not making a who is more racist argument. I'm just showing a real world example. As we all know there is varying kinds of racism. There are people on this board who regularly drop N*bombs but in the real world my guess would be they have miserable lives and have no power to affect anyone. In the Berkeley example many of those people I'm sure would claim they abhor racism yet their power as million dollar homeowners and ability to influence what gets developed in their city has very real effects on others, especially p.o.c. who get priced out of the City.

So just viewing from a partisan perspective is missing the forest for the trees if the goal is real change.
    Everybody had bias and prejudice they have inherited culturally, from parents, from environmental conditions.
    We all have an obligation towards trying to recognize it, to make strides towards self-improvement, and to try to keep our controllable flaws in check.

Irrespective of politics and ideology.

We also have an obligation to assess and be realistic about the scope and nature of a problem like institutional racism. One ideology (liberal), for the most part, recognizes it actually exists...that it is actually a real thing. And this ideology, to some extent, makes incremental steps towards addressing it.

The other ideology (modern conservatism) generally does not.

5. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Your perceptions of what motivates old white people in Berkeley doesn't bother me. How are they 'racist' when they vote, organize, and act against racism?

Your side isn't doing ANY of that, and the fact they they are virtually all white does indeed bother you, but you try to reconcile it by looking for racism among those doing what you should be doing about it.
    There were black folks on Twitter last night calling the Berkeley people racist. Are they wrong?

You are coming from a straight tribalism perspective that racism is ok when its done by people who vote how you like.

I mean I have voted for four straight Democratic Mayors of San Francisco. This upcoming election I will vote for a progressive black woman as Mayor. So locally I can't be racist right? Locally I can complain about racism that people who vote like me do.

6. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Everybody had bias and prejudice they have inherited culturally, from parents, from environmental conditions.
    We all have an obligation towards trying to recognize it, to make strides towards self-improvement, and to try to keep our controllable flaws in check.

Irrespective of politics and ideology.

We also have an obligation to assess and be realistic about the scope and nature of a problem like institutional racism. One ideology (liberal), for the most part, recognizes it actually exists...that it is actually a real thing. And this ideology, to some extent, makes incremental steps towards addressing it.

The other ideology (modern conservatism) generally does not.
    Are these NIMBY liberal Berkeley folks recognizing their racism here?

7. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There were black folks on Twitter last night calling the Berkeley people racist. Are they wrong?

You are coming from a straight tribalism perspective that racism is ok when its done by people who vote how you like.

I mean I have voted for four straight Democratic Mayors of San Francisco. This upcoming election I will vote for a progressive black woman as Mayor. So locally I can't be racist right? Locally I can complain about racism that people who vote like me do.
    Most of those same black people would call you a racist because you're a republican. Would they be wrong?

I've never called you a racist .. but you are a republican.

Let's just say I like you local politics far better than your national. :0)
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

8. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Most of those same black people would call you a racist because you're a republican. Would they be wrong?

I've never called you a racist .. but you are a republican.

Let's just say I like you local politics far better than your national. :0)
    I'm just trying to understand the bigger picture here. Is it because I'm a Republican that you don't like me calling out racism from old white (liberal) people or you just don't believe liberals can be racist?

Because I responded to Cypress' comment about money and economics with the Berkeley example from last night. And your first response was I'm a Republican. Do liberals not care about money and economics because if that's your argument the actions in Berkeley clearly belie that.

9. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

And you wonder why I call you a virtue signaling fake conservative?

Cawacko: BAC please love me. I have negro relatives and have voted for progressives.

What a worthless cocksucker you are. Just become a democrat already. You can support your buddy Jeff Flake

10. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Felonia von Pantsuit View Post
    And you wonder why I call you a virtue signaling fake conservative?

Cawacko: BAC please love me. I have negro relatives and have voted for progressives.

What a worthless cocksucker you are. Just become a democrat already. You can support your buddy Jeff Flake
    El Oh El. Says the guy twisting himself in every direction to justify tariffs and other non conservative actions because you have no principles ILA. Run off and continuing groaning all posts you pussy.

And you're too ignorant to understand why I said how I voted locally. It's too hard for your binary simpleton mind to understand. Go ban everyone some more little boy...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

christiefan915 (03-16-2018)

12. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JarredHead View Post
    No, they worked very hard and deserve credit, but the progress they have made to defend their rights has resulted in this backlasch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Yes but look where that backlash is coming from and how intrinsically weak it is compared to the racial resentments of the past.
    What backlash? You idiots are arguing over an imagined fantasy that has no basis in fact or reality. Dumb.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

13. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JarredHead View Post
    I agree, but we have the most anti-black white supremacist president we have had since Johnson.
    I couldn't find anything factual in the above statement. However....we get it...it is due to a.....

.....WARNING.....SEVERE CASE OF TDS.....WARNING.....
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

14. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 326 Times in 306 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is truth. There are even multi-generational Hispanics who consider themselves white now.
    And there was a half century long moratorium on immigration that allowed them to be assimilated.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PraiseKek For This Post:

Truth Detector (03-17-2018)

16. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm just trying to understand the bigger picture here. Is it because I'm a Republican that you don't like me calling out racism from old white (liberal) people or you just don't believe liberals can be racist?

Because I responded to Cypress' comment about money and economics with the Berkeley example from last night. And your first response was I'm a Republican. Do liberals not care about money and economics because if that's your argument the actions in Berkeley clearly belie that.
    Your comments about money and economics are at least debatable .. even as libertarian and they tend to be.

17. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Your comments about money and economics are at least debatable .. even as libertarian and they tend to be.
    I was talking specifically about Berkeley. You may not have a problem with people fighting to keep their neighborhood's from changing, many don't (even though the current zoning is the same racist discriminatory zoning when it was originally created). There are many in Berkeley who felt that way.

18. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

El Oh El. Says the guy twisting himself in every direction to justify tariffs and other non conservative actions because you have no principles ILA. Run off and continuing groaning all posts you pussy.

And you're too ignorant to understand why I said how I voted locally. It's too hard for your binary simpleton mind to understand. Go ban everyone some more little boy...
    Fuck off faggot. Why don’t you get loaded and accuse someone of threatening your spawn again? I bet she will love having a drunk old man

When are you going to get it douche? BAC Panther is like a dirty fucking muslime. He will never accept you. He wants you defeated. You are too fucking stupid to realize it.

You deserve everything you get.

PS

You seem to making use of thread bans yourself but like a typical liberal it is ok for you.