1. #301 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Really, are you sure about that?

Medina: Saudis take a bulldozer to Islam's history

Authorities are building a mosque so big it will hold 1.6m people – but are demolishing irreplaceable monuments to do it

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...y-8228795.html

Last edited by cancel2 2022; 03-18-2018 at 09:50 AM.

2. #302 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,972 Times in 32,287 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    Read Moshe Dayan and Sharrett.
    why?......because you couldn't find anything on the internet to back up your claim, either?......

3. #303 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    why?......because you couldn't find anything on the internet to back up your claim, either?......
    Moron..

Israelis Stealing Lebanon Topsoil - tribunedigital-chicagotribune
    articles.chicagotribune.com/1998.../9811100126_1_lebanese-arab-league-investigatin...
    Nov 10, 1998 - After initial denials, Israel confirmed Monday that Israelis have been stealing topsoil from southern Lebanon.A Foreign Ministry statement did not make clear whether those involved are Israeli.
    Israel strips Lebanese soil, says UN - The Irish Times
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/isra...ys-un-1.212051
    Nov 7, 1998 - An Israeli civilian construction firm has been stripping topsoil from southern Lebanon and transporting it across the border … ... UNIFIL, which does not operate in the Israeli-occupied zone, was alerted to the soil-stealing enterprise by a Lebanese daily, which carried a detailed story in mid-October.
    The great terrain robbery | The Economist
    www.economist.com/node/175951
    Nov 12, 1998 - In the self-declared “security zone” that it occupies in southern Lebanon, Israel seems to have decided that if it cannot have peace, it will at least make sure that it has the land. Since September, Israeli lorries have been scooping up truckload after truckload of Lebanon's fertile topsoil and carting it off to ...
    Israel Continues to Steal Water and Soil from Lebanon
    www.informationliberation.com/?id=16456
    Oct 3, 2006 - “According to witnesses in the South, Israel also continues to steal Lebanon's water, and is altering the Blue Line and shoveling earth to transport to the Israeli ... During the occupation of south Lebanon the Israelis went so far as to scoop up Lebanon's rich agricultural topsoil and cart it back over the border.
    Israel admits stealing soil from south | News , Lebanon News | THE ...
    http://www.dailystar.com.lb/.../Leba...from-south.ash...
    Nov 10, 1998 - “From an initial inquiry it transpires that these are private contractors who have been stealing quantities of topsoil,” said Mr. Ehrlich. “In any event it isn't a methodical plundering of Lebanese resources but the theft of some quantity of soil by local contractors,” he said. A statement by Israel's foreign ministry ...

4. #304 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Oct 3, 2006 - During the occupation of south Lebanon the Israelis went so far as to scoop up Lebanon's rich agricultural topsoil and cart it back over the border.” ... In the 50's, Israeli Prime Minister Moshe Sharett recorded in his diaries that Moshe Dayan's plan for the control of the Litani River was to '”enter Lebanon, ...

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=16456

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

moon (03-18-2018)

6. #305 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

In an interview granted by Moshe Dayan to an Israeli journalist, with the proviso that it would be kept secret during his (Dayan’s) lifetime, he said:

Of course they [the kibbutzniks] wanted to get the Syrians out of their sight. They had suffered a lot because of the Syrians…. But I can tell you with absolute certainty: the delegation that came to persuade Eshkol to go up to the Heights did not think about these matters. It thought about the Heights’ land. Listen, I myself am a farmer, I come from [the village of] Nahalal, don’t I? Not from Tel-Aviv. And I recognise this thing. I saw them and spoke with them. They didn’t even try to hide their lust for that soil. This is what guided them.12

https://www.israeli-occupation.org/2...srael-planned/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

moon (03-18-2018)

8. #306 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

did you notice that everyone of your links disproves your claim "They took dump trucks and pick up trucks loaded with soldiers carrying machine guns into Lebanon and Syria to steal topsoil"....
    the "they" turns out to be a private company........the soldiers with machine guns vanished......and lets not even talk about how ridiculous it was to pretend it was happening in Syria.....

9. #307 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

In an interview granted by Moshe Dayan to an Israeli journalist, with the proviso that it would be kept secret during his (Dayan’s) lifetime, he said:

Of course they [the kibbutzniks] wanted to get the Syrians out of their sight. They had suffered a lot because of the Syrians…. But I can tell you with absolute certainty: the delegation that came to persuade Eshkol to go up to the Heights did not think about these matters. It thought about the Heights’ land. Listen, I myself am a farmer, I come from [the village of] Nahalal, don’t I? Not from Tel-Aviv. And I recognise this thing. I saw them and spoke with them. They didn’t even try to hide their lust for that soil. This is what guided them.12

https://www.israeli-occupation.org/2...srael-planned/
    lol.....a guy who claims Israel PLANNED the 67 war?......

10. #308 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

did you notice that everyone of your links disproves your claim "They took dump trucks and pick up trucks loaded with soldiers carrying machine guns into Lebanon and Syria to steal topsoil"....
    the "they" turns out to be a private company........the soldiers with machine guns vanished......and lets not even talk about how ridiculous it was to pretend it was happening in Syria.....
    Keep looking.

When I was young, we listening to BBC, VOA, Radio Cairo and Radio Free America EVERY night..

They were killing small groups of Lebanese and Syrian farmers who objected to their theft.

11. #309 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Moron..

Israelis Stealing Lebanon Topsoil - tribunedigital-chicagotribune
    articles.chicagotribune.com/1998.../9811100126_1_lebanese-arab-league-investigatin...
    Nov 10, 1998 - After initial denials, Israel confirmed Monday that Israelis have been stealing topsoil from southern Lebanon.A Foreign Ministry statement did not make clear whether those involved are Israeli.
    Israel strips Lebanese soil, says UN - The Irish Times
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/isra...ys-un-1.212051
    Nov 7, 1998 - An Israeli civilian construction firm has been stripping topsoil from southern Lebanon and transporting it across the border … ... UNIFIL, which does not operate in the Israeli-occupied zone, was alerted to the soil-stealing enterprise by a Lebanese daily, which carried a detailed story in mid-October.
    The great terrain robbery | The Economist
    www.economist.com/node/175951
    Nov 12, 1998 - In the self-declared “security zone” that it occupies in southern Lebanon, Israel seems to have decided that if it cannot have peace, it will at least make sure that it has the land. Since September, Israeli lorries have been scooping up truckload after truckload of Lebanon's fertile topsoil and carting it off to ...
    Oct 3, 2006 - “According to witnesses in the South, Israel also continues to steal Lebanon's water, and is altering the Blue Line and shoveling earth to transport to the Israeli ... During the occupation of south Lebanon the Israelis went so far as to scoop up Lebanon's rich agricultural topsoil and cart it back over the border.
    Israel admits stealing soil from south | News , Lebanon News | THE ...
    http://www.dailystar.com.lb/.../Leba...from-south.ash...
    Nov 10, 1998 - “From an initial inquiry it transpires that these are private contractors who have been stealing quantities of topsoil,” said Mr. Ehrlich. “In any event it isn't a methodical plundering of Lebanese resources but the theft of some quantity of soil by local contractors,” he said. A statement by Israel's foreign ministry ...
    Pay attention,I already posted that. See post 293.

Sent from my Lenovo K8 using Tapatalk

12. #310 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You never heard of Moshe Dayan? You must be a Neanderthal.

The Israelis knew the best of the Egyptian army was deployed in Yemen and those that weren't were ragtag conscripts... kids with no training.

13. #311 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You never heard of Moshe Dayan?
    I've never heard of Moshé Machover.....if its the same guy he looks different than he did before they replaced his eye.......

14. #312 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    Really, are you sure about that?

Medina: Saudis take a bulldozer to Islam's history

Authorities are building a mosque so big it will hold 1.6m people – but are demolishing irreplaceable monuments to do it

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...y-8228795.html

Medina is a holy city to Muslims, but mosques in KSA are simple affairs with short plain minarets.. Think Church of Christ or Calvinists. Its so obvious I am surprised you would comment.

15. #313 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,510 Times in 6,253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why not. Israel started it after all.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

16. #314 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Medina is a holy city to Muslims, but mosques in KSA are simple affairs with short plain minarets.. Think Church of Christ or Calvinists. Its so obvious I am surprised you would comment.
    Because your wonderful scenario filled with fluffy bunnies and flying unicorns is at variance to the reality.

The Muslim woman who spoke of Saudi-funded mosques and the spread of Wahhabi Islam in Thursday's Question Time was spot on. What makes Wahhabism so damaging? We don't have to look further than its ideologues, such as its founder Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab who is refered to in ISIS publications. His preaching was vehemently intolerant and violent. Anyone who disagreed with his narrow understating of Islam was considered an apostate and would be punishable by death. His preaching brought bloodshed to the Arabian Peninsula in the form of beheadings, executions, and amputations, much like what we have witnessed from ISIS.

Bernard Haykel, a scholar at Princeton describes the ISIS' ideology as "a kind of untamed Wahhabism," and says that "Wahhabism is the closest religious cognate." Personally, I would not describe ISIS' ideology as an untamed form of Wahhabism. For me, this overshadows the fundamental problem with Wahhabism's Islamic theology and implies that Saudi Arabia's Wahhabism is "tamed."

A former imam of the Grand Mosque in Mecca, Sheikh Aadel Al-Kalbani, Al-Kalbani, criticised aspects within the Salafi stream for permitting the killing of opponents. He announced that ISIS was the result of the Salafi version of Islam, and therefore the Salafi sect needed to change. It could be argued that the difference between Saudi Arabia and ISIS, is that Saudi Arabia merely has nicer buildings. There is no taming a theology, which consists of noxious principles. What makes it worse is that this ideology has spread far and wide in the UK.

In 2007, Dr Denis MacEoin, an Islamic studies expert at Newcastle who previously taught at the University of Fez, led a team of researchers over a two-year project, uncovering a hoard of malignant literature inside as many as a quarter of Britain's mosques. All of it had been published and distributed by agencies linked to the government of Saudi Arabia. Among some of the content found in the material were recommendations to burn, stone, and throw homosexuals from mountains or tall buildings, and inflict the same on those who commit adultery or dare to leave or change their religion. It is estimated that Saudi spending on religious causes abroad are between $2bn [£960m] and $3bn per year since 1975 (comparing favourably with what was the annual Soviet propaganda budget of $1bn during the cold war), which has been spent on 1,500 mosques, 210 Islamic centres and dozens of Muslim academies and schools.

It is no exaggeration then to say that these mosques are little more than propaganda factories producing Wahhabi ideologues to populate the streets of Britain. In 2002, Jamaican convert Sheikh Abdullah el-Faisal who had trained at a Saudi university, was caught on tape saying "You can use chemical weapons to exterminate the unbelievers. Is that clear? If you have cockroaches in your house, you spray them with chemicals." Germaine Lindsay, one of the 7/7 bombers, was among his followers.

This was in 2002, and though the Saudis began to cut back on their international funding after they came into the spotlight following 9/11, imagine how deep the roots of Salafist thought have embedded themselves in British mosques today. In addition to funding their propaganda in Britain, at home in Saudi Arabia, the Islamic University of Medina reserves 85% of its places for foreign students, resulting in hundreds of British graduates who have returned to the UK with their newly found hard-line Salafist views.

When discussing extremism and radicalisation in the UK, the elephant in the room, without a doubt, is Wahhabism. ISIS, Al Qaeda, Boko Haram, and other terrorist groups all subscribe to this hostile intolerant reading of Islam. If we are serious about challenging extremism, surely we should start by stopping the mass export of intolerance and hatred of Wahhabism from Saudi Arabia to the UK.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/adam..._16825640.html

17. #315 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    Because your wonderful scenario filled with fluffy bunnies and flying unicorns is at variance to the reality.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/adam..._16825640.html
    Actually I have seen the mosques in KSA.. They are simple affairs.

I wouldn't put too much stock in what any one Muslim woman has to say about Wahhabis. ISIS may claim them.. They reject ISIS..

Wahab's mission was to simplify Islam and get rid of the Ottoman innovations.. and get rid of the Turks at the same time.