Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Elizabeth Warren's story of racist grandparents disputed by Cherokee genealogist

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,774 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Oh what a twisted web we weave when first we practice to decieve....
    So the Indian cheekbones story wasn't working so she makes up a new one about young love and that's more phoney than the first. Throw in the assertion that she never used her fake native lie to her advantage which was all ready known to be false and her house of lies is on fire all around her.
    It would be unbelievable except she's a lib and we know honesty is not a virtue all too often with them.

Is there a big Cherokee vote in Massachusetts?

I had an uncle by marriage who claimed to be part Cherokee (he came from Minnesota, so if anything he should have been part Sioux). Anyway, he said that's why he got mean when he drank firewater.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post

I had an uncle by marriage who claimed to be part Cherokee (he came from Minnesota, so if anything he should have been part Sioux). Anyway, he said that's why he got mean when he drank firewater.
    My wife is actually related to Pocahontas. But she doesn't claim to be native American. Very disrespectful to actual nbatives.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

Truth Detector (03-16-2018)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,184 Times in 25,719 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    I can't decide if it's Native Americans or women that you hate
    Maybe both?

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    Sen. Elizabeth Warren sought Sunday to bolster her shaky claims of Cherokee ancestry with the story of how her racist grandparents drove her parents to elope.

But Cherokee genealogist Twila Barnes says that account has its own credibility issues.

Ms. Barnes, who said her research into Ms. Warren's family found "no evidence" of Native American ancestry, has challenged key elements of the senator's tale of how her parents, Pauline Reed and Donald Herring, defied his parents by running off to marry.

[Snip]

After Ms. Warren said in the Globe that her mother told her "nobody came to her wedding at all," Ms. Barnes looked it up and found that her mother’s friend witnessed the ceremony, which was performed by a prominent Methodist clergyman, not a justice of the peace.

"This marriage does not look like an elopement. It looks very much like a Depression-era marriage ceremony instead," said Ms. Barnes in an August 2012 post. "Sometimes people didn’t have a lot of money to spend on a wedding so they just obtained their license, got married and then went back home."

She also found a detailed wedding announcement posted in the local newspaper in Wetumka, Oklahoma.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...e-american-an/

The fraud bitch known as Elizabeth Warren is an embarrassment to all native Americans.
    Not to mention an embarrassment to herself, her family, the US Senate, America, God, and pretty much everyone else but her dear friends, the terrorists.
    Free speech is cool as long as it jibes with our program.

-- The Left

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Granule For This Post:

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,448 Times in 965 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

Sen. Elizabeth Warren sought Sunday to bolster her shaky claims of Cherokee ancestry with the story of how her racist grandparents drove her parents to elope.

But Cherokee genealogist Twila Barnes says that account has its own credibility issues.

Ms. Barnes, who said her research into Ms. Warren's family found "no evidence" of Native American ancestry, has challenged key elements of the senator's tale of how her parents, Pauline Reed and Donald Herring, defied his parents by running off to marry.

[Snip]

After Ms. Warren said in the Globe that her mother told her "nobody came to her wedding at all," Ms. Barnes looked it up and found that her mother’s friend witnessed the ceremony, which was performed by a prominent Methodist clergyman, not a justice of the peace.

"This marriage does not look like an elopement. It looks very much like a Depression-era marriage ceremony instead," said Ms. Barnes in an August 2012 post. "Sometimes people didn’t have a lot of money to spend on a wedding so they just obtained their license, got married and then went back home."

She also found a detailed wedding announcement posted in the local newspaper in Wetumka, Oklahoma.

The fraud bitch known as Elizabeth Warren is an embarrassment to all native Americans.
    Has it occurred to your one track mind that possibly that is the story Warren was told by her parents. I know my parents told me some stories that they greatly embellished...as people do.

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,824 Times in 17,257 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,596 Times in 4,274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post

What a post. She is from Oklahoma.

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Since she lied about her heritage to benefit from doing so, it appears as if she cares about herself and herself only.

Cherokee genealogist Twila Barnes said there was "no evidence" of native American ancestry in Warren's background. That's conclusive.
    She did not lie. that is what you are doing.

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,912 Times in 3,648 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,102 Times in 1,032 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    Something her mother told her, eh?

Why are you guys so obsessed w/ Warren, anyway?
    She is a threat.
    We have the intellect to imagine the finality of our own demise but do not have the sophistication to overcome our survival instinct and accept it.
    Solution? Magical thinking and childish promises of everlasting life.
    Ergo, religion.

rac·ist
    rāsəst/noun
    a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
    Ask yourself honestly if this describes what you believe to be true.
    If the answer is yes, you are a racist.

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Stupid racists.,. Elizabeths brother David herring said "I was told my grandfather was part Delaware, an isty bitsy part from long ago. And my grandmother was part Cherokee". This thread is just because they think she is running for president and they want to deal with the important issue that are impacting the country. Wonder if the Repubs are going to have an investigating committee on it? Or maybe Benghazi time again.

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,020 Times in 6,218 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Warren has never once said or showed she had an interest in running for president. She would be a great one. She actually cares about consumers and the rights of the people. She would be a force against bank extremes and corporate theft. She is exactly what we need. An intelligent woman president who cares about a fair playing field for the people.

The heritage thing is so irrelevant. It was created by Repubs in Mass. who had no answers against her candidacy. Experts who checked found it INCONCLUSIVE. Do you know what that means. And why does it matter?
    Trumpkin males have to maintain their self imposed manhoods, and tearing at any Female that could be an Alpha, is a pastime for them. Guys got to be in charge in the past, because of primitive ideas that a woman's place is raising children. It's funny to see evolved people devolve themselves with primitive thoughts. No one needs children, or even a spouse. Everyone does need to earn a living though, and bigots, and dinosaurs have made it tough for women through the years. I never understand these types of ego freaks, as I myself would rather die than live in such a flawed, and crooked society. One good reason I'm a non secular person. These fools can blubber about it till their blue, in the end it doesn't amount to jack.

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The dean that hired her aid ' I knew nothing about it". Rightys are just trying to keep her from presidency, even though she is not running. Just pound early and often. It worked on hillary.

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    She did not lie. that is what you are doing.
    She knowingly made a false statement. Look at the definition of "lie".

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

[Snip]

OOPS
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

16. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Since she lied about her heritage to benefit from doing so, it appears as if she cares about herself and herself only.

Cherokee genealogist Twila Barnes said there was "no evidence" of native American ancestry in Warren's background. That's conclusive.
    Maybe someone will collect some DNA from something she discards and have the test run.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

18. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Oh what a twisted web we weave when first we practice to decieve....
    So the Indian cheekbones story wasn't working so she makes up a new one about young love and that's more phoney than the first. Throw in the assertion that she never used her fake native lie to her advantage which was all ready known to be false and her house of lies is on fire all around her.
    It would be unbelievable except she's a lib and we know honesty is not a virtue all too often with them.
    My step-sister's side of the family, had a similar story that had been handed down over the years.

My niece had the 23 and me test ran and guess what.

NO NATIVE AMERICAN DNA.

She did find a step-brother that had been talked about.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post: